Detective Conan World
hopes

Child Abuse

One of my reviewers on FanFiction asked me to make this topic here on DCW, as her mother is paranoid and won't let her make an account... This topic deserves to be made. And let us, the youth of the present, and the adults of the future, let us prevent child abuse at all costs.

Please watch this music video about child abuse. It's beautiful. As I began watching it, I started crying...

I swear to do whatever I can do to prevent child abuse.

I am also going to begin writing a fanfic (another request of the reviewer) in honor of children who have been abused. Rest in peace.

• Upvote 6

If you are a parent who brought your child into the world, you should be doing everything possible to protect them and raise them with love and knowledge of the world. They're your responsibility...

Why must this happen...?

If you are a parent who brought your child into the world, you should be doing everything possible to protect them and raise them with love and knowledge of the world. They're your responsibility...

Why must this happen...?

Ruthless parents who know little about raising children. :(

I support the fight against child abuse!

I hate child abuse. However, fighting against it isn't easy. First off, it rarely occurs publicly. Secondly, how many children, under the threat of death, would be willing to go to the police and say "My parents abuse me"?

If you aren't going to take of your child, why bring him or her into this world only to suffer?

I don't understand the mentality of the people who abuse children.

It's so sad for the children who are even abused.... even by their own family(ies).

Every day, hour, minutes, even seconds, the world is becoming a dangerous place.

It's stupid how we, humans with advanced brains, can mess up so much.

Not even laws can protect children.... If only if everyone can agree on the same thought...

I don't really know what to say about this...

If your parents have ever used a cane/feather duster/ruler to physically hurt you, is that a count of child abuse?

In Singapore, they sell canes everywhere. It even comes in different colors. People buy these things to bring home to hit their kids.

No, just, no.

Why the hell would someone go and abuse their child? It never made sense to me, and it never will.

Of course, my first adoptive parents abused me to hell. :mellow:

I would never do that to my son/daughter child : (

If I will gonna have D:

*Lu Bu walks into the room hearing an abusive parent. He holds up his sky scorcher*,"You, parent! What are you doing to your child?" Abusive parent,"And what are you going to do about it?!"*gets killed by Lu Bu* That is what should happen to every abusive parent.

*Lu Bu walks into the room hearing an abusive parent. He holds up his sky scorcher*,"You, parent! What are you doing to your child?" Abusive parent,"And what are you going to do about it?!"*gets killed by Lu Bu* That is what should happen to every abusive parent.

Those who abuse were abused. Even abusive parents are humans, even if the path they follow is crooked.

Seriously I play Dynasty Warriors when I was a kid, and I play Samurai Warriors too!

My favorite characters in Dynasty Warrior's are Xiahou Dun(And I love his X X X O O O O O O Combo!, Zhou Tai, Zhou Yu and Lu Bu.

On topic, They should not be KILLED, They should be PUNISHED

If your parents have ever used a cane/feather duster/ruler to physically hurt you, is that a count of child abuse?

In Singapore, they sell canes everywhere. It even comes in different colors. People buy these things to bring home to hit their kids.

If the canes were used as punishment, it wouldn't be considered child abuse. But if the beatings were profusive and weren't used solely as punishment but also as an expression of hatred, it would be considered as child abuse. I, for one, was whacked by a belt for doing something wrong as a child; in a matter of fact, a majority of parents use some sort of physical harm on their children for punishment. It is when the beatings become severe and overused for the wrong reasons that child abuse is taking place.

It's unfortunate, though, how parents could hurt their children like that with no feeling of remorse.

Well, child abuse is one of those vicious circles. Children who are abused often end up abusive themselves, and so on so forth. The problem is that you can't see which children are abused. If there's one human nature that should be prized, and hated above all others, is how easy it can be to act like nothing's wrong. And for some kids, it's normal, so nothing is wrong in their world.

Another point is, while everyone says they'd like to stop child abuse, hardly anyone gets up, thinks of a plan to stop it, and actually tries to carry it out. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the willpower to do such a thing, and I highly doubt child abuse could be completely eradicated. The parents and guardians who do it- well, in their minds, they're right. And they have their own set of complicated problems.

Drug abuse. Alcohol. Abusive childhood. If we want to change the world and banish the bane named 'child abuse', you'll have to change everything with it. It can't be done in a generation, and it can't be done by just a group of people. It has to be done by millions, it has to have speakers who are willing to spread the horrors and ways to stop it across the globe, who can kindle courage in the hearts of those who are abused. Who can tell them that they shouldn't be abused, that they should stand up for themselves.

In my personal opinion, stories of child abuse should be shared as often as tragic tales of bullying, to show everybody the consequences of this evil. Bullying is often no secret, bullies will embarrass people publicly, and harass them. But abuse... It's done on the sly, out of the public eye, and it's kept in the dark, unnamed, hidden, concealed by layers threats and punishments.

I also have a few things to say about the abuser. They should get rehabilitation, because while it is their fault, perhaps they could still fix things. Especially if it's a parent, because no matter what, that's a person who's literally a part of you. Most abused children probably don't hate their parents, probably are scared to death of them, but don't hate them with utmost loathing. I'm not saying they have to live them, however, they need to know that person is somewhere, just for peace of mind.

So those are my views, laid out for you all to see. Hopefully, one of us has the strength to start something big, and start changing the world we live in, bring the darkness to the light and cleanse it, and fix it. To erase it as far as it can be erased. There is no such thing as perfection, but the least any of us can do is make the world better, even just the tiniest bit. Who will take the first step?

• Upvote 2

Considering the fact that my parents use belts, rulers, their hands, sticks, fly swatters, etc. to spank my siblings(never been spanked, whoo!), I'll have to say no. There really is a fine line between abuse and punishment. I'm not going to define that line because I feel like Aeyra will pounce on me...

Considering the fact that my parents use belts, rulers, their hands, sticks, fly swatters, etc. to spank my siblings(never been spanked, whoo!), I'll have to say no. There really is a fine line between abuse and punishment. I'm not going to define that line because I feel like Aeyra will pounce on me...

Yep, I think Parents punish their kids to learn their mistakes and never do it again.

It all depends on why it's done... But sticks and belts seem really harsh... I mean, I knew a girl who had her hands slapped with rulers if she played a wrong note on the piano, but, that's too harsh for punishment, and not done under what I'd count as abuse. Though it sort of is. My definition (subject to many changes, fixes, etc. Etc.): Repetitive actions that inflict either serious emotional or physical pain on the child and invoking great fear. <- That's the best I have right now.

Honestly. If that happened, we'd just be running in circles. It's really a stupid mistake we humans make.

Kill 1 Person

Person takes revenge

Revenge gets taken revenge on

I mean, seriously! Killing and hurting people for hurting others simply won't help.

Those who abuse were abused. Even abusive parents are humans, even if the path they follow is crooked.

^

Well, child abuse is one of those vicious circles. Children who are abused often end up abusive themselves, and so on so forth. The problem is that you can't see which children are abused. If there's one human nature that should be prized, and hated above all others, is how easy it can be to act like nothing's wrong. And for some kids, it's normal, so nothing is wrong in their world.

Another point is, while everyone says they'd like to stop child abuse, hardly anyone gets up, thinks of a plan to stop it, and actually tries to carry it out. I'll be the first to admit I don't have the willpower to do such a thing, and I highly doubt child abuse could be completely eradicated. The parents and guardians who do it- well, in their minds, they're right. And they have their own set of complicated problems.

Drug abuse. Alcohol. Abusive childhood. If we want to change the world and banish the bane named 'child abuse', you'll have to change everything with it. It can't be done in a generation, and it can't be done by just a group of people. It has to be done by millions, it has to have speakers who are willing to spread the horrors and ways to stop it across the globe, who can kindle courage in the hearts of those who are abused. Who can tell them that they shouldn't be abused, that they should stand up for themselves.

In my personal opinion, stories of child abuse should be shared as often as tragic tales of bullying, to show everybody the consequences of this evil. Bullying is often no secret, bullies will embarrass people publicly, and harass them. But abuse... It's done on the sly, out of the public eye, and it's kept in the dark, unnamed, hidden, concealed by layers threats and punishments.

I also have a few things to say about the abuser. They should get rehabilitation, because while it is their fault, perhaps they could still fix things. Especially if it's a parent, because no matter what, that's a person who's literally a part of you. Most abused children probably don't hate their parents, probably are scared to death of them, but don't hate them with utmost loathing. I'm not saying they have to live them, however, they need to know that person is somewhere, just for peace of mind.

So those are my views, laid out for you all to see. Hopefully, one of us has the strength to start something big, and start changing the world we live in, bring the darkness to the light and cleanse it, and fix it. To erase it as far as it can be erased. There is no such thing as perfection, but the least any of us can do is make the world better, even just the tiniest bit. Who will take the first step?

The biggest problem with abuse (IMO) is that there's no concrete and defined way to stop it. I mean, you can't stop something you can't see.

How can I say this...

We will not get rid of abuse and bullying. We will not get rid of controlled substances and alcholism. We will never get rid of evil. Evil is infinite. Light is limited.

If we do eliminate controlled substances, there will simply be another abomination to replace it. Bullying will move aside against greater evils.

And also "there is no such thing as perfection" is not true. Perfection exists. We are simply too feeble to reach that stage of existence.

• Upvote 1

It all depends on why it's done... But sticks and belts seem really harsh... I mean, I knew a girl who had her hands slapped with rulers if she played a wrong note on the piano, but, that's too harsh for punishment, and not done under what I'd count as abuse. Though it sort of is. My definition (subject to many changes, fixes, etc. Etc.): Repetitive actions that inflict either serious emotional or physical pain on the child and invoking great fear. <- That's the best I have right now.

That would be my dear father... he used a shoe on my older sister once. My mom lost it, so he can't spank any of us anymore. Spanking is a last resort in my family; only when my siblings are not understanding that what they're doing is wrong, they keep doing it, talk back, and argue with my parents.

I'm glad you put that in there because according to everyone I've asked, it's only abuse if it happens more than once. I'm hesitant to believing that though. You can be abused one time, but it is usually repetitive.

My definition: Any action that causes serious physical, emotional, or mental harm to the child and/or causes them to be afraid of a certain type of people.

When I say "certain type of people," I mean a situation where a child being abused by multiple people notices a similarity between them - maybe a hair and eye color, or they all have tattoos. When the child sees people that fit the bill of those who harm him/her, he/she will naturally be hesitant around those people and react in a way that would seem strange when they get within a certain distance.

How can I say this...

We will not get rid of abuse and bullying. We will not get rid of controlled substances and alcholism. We will never get rid of evil. Evil is infinite. Light is limited.

If we do eliminate controlled substances, there will simply be another abomination to replace it. Bullying will move aside against greater evils.

And also "there is no such thing as perfection" is not true. Perfection exists. We are simply too feeble to reach that stage of existence.

I agree Moho-san.

That would be my dear father... he used a shoe on my older sister once. My mom lost it, so he can't spank any of us anymore. Spanking is a last resort in my family; only when my siblings are not understanding that what they're doing is wrong, they keep doing it, talk back, and argue with my parents.

I'm glad you put that in there because according to everyone I've asked, it's only abuse if it happens more than once. I'm hesitant to believing that though. You can be abused one time, but it is usually repetitive.

My definition: Any action that causes serious physical, emotional, or mental harm to the child and/or causes them to be afraid of a certain type of people.

When I say "certain type of people," I mean a situation where a child being abused by multiple people notices a similarity between them - maybe a hair and eye color, or they all have tattoos. When the child sees people that fit the bill of those who harm him/her, he/she will naturally be hesitant around those people and react in a way that would seem strange when they get within a certain distance.

Personally, I don't think so. Abuse is difficult to define because you'd have to go into definitions of the lines between punishment, discipline, and abuse. I read something about punishment being when you were in control and deliberately go to do something (thus giving you a punishment), discipline being when you aren't in control (thus resulting in discipline), so I suppose abuse would be something like when there is extremem action taken for actions that may or may not be the fault of the victim.