Detective Conan World
Emiko Seiei

Psych (another detective show)

Psych is funny, entertaining, and just plain great!

It's about a guy who has a sharp eye for details like Shinichi, but in this show, he uses his keen sense to pretend he's a psychic. While fooling everyone that he's a psychic he works for the Santa Barbra police department solving cases.

If you like Detective Conan, then I think you might like Psych as well ^ ^

Um..but is there anyone who has already watched it?

I'd like to hear your opinions :D

• Upvote 1

It's a damn good show. Watch episodes from later seasons, because they're so, so much better than earlier ones. The entire Mr. Yin/Yang story-arc ALONE I would recommend for mystery fans.

you know this is just one of those shows i heard about and just never got around to watching. Maybe i will soon

Yea! You should really start watching it :D

It's a damn good show. Watch episodes from later seasons, because they're so, so much better than earlier ones. The entire Mr. Yin/Yang story-arc ALONE I would recommend for mystery fans.

I agree, The later episodes are better then the earlier ones.

The Mr. Yin/Yang episodes were awesome! :D I couldn't believe who Mr. Yin was. That was such a shocker to me :o

haha xD I love it how Shawn always introduces Gus with a fake name. My favorite so far is Felicia Fancybottom x)

i love psych

it my second fav tv show after house

omg i love psych

i watchedd all the ep

but one which freaked me out from the beginning 2 much

the one about a mental hospital in season 1

season 5 gonna come out in october

cant wait

i love gus

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

how could u not love psych

oh yea it airs on wed 9 if they didnt change

i love psych

it my second fav tv show after house

omg i love psych

i watchedd all the ep

but one which freaked me out from the beginning 2 much

the one about a mental hospital in season 1

season 5 gonna come out in october

cant wait

i love gus

whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

how could u not love psych

oh yea it airs on wed 9 if they didnt change

I love Gus too xD he's so funny.

Lassiter (spell check? xD) is kinda funny in his own way too.

Hm..but I think I like Shawn more than Gus :P

I love the mental hospital one!

but it was kinda creepy xP

I started watching Psych from the night the pilot aired, and I personally prefer the earlier episodes... after he managed to get everyone on board with his little farce (including his father who of course knows better and has decided to keep his mouth shut), the B-side story became a lot less interesting to me

I started watching Psych from the night the pilot aired, and I personally prefer the earlier episodes... after he managed to get everyone on board with his little farce (including his father who of course knows better and has decided to keep his mouth shut), the B-side story became a lot less interesting to me

I dunno, I kinda like the later episodes because there's only so much of "HURR DURR WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE ALWAYS RIGHT SO WE'LL KEEP YOU FROM DOING STUFF" per episode that I can take before I'm like, "SHUT UP ALREADY AND GET ON WITH THE CASE!!" I'm SO glad that later episodes focus less on them accepting Shawn's weirdness. I'm all for comedy and I'm all for Shawn and his quirkyness, but when the case takes a backseat to it then it's a chore to sit through.

I'm the same way with Monk as well. The show gets a lot funnier when they just accept that he is who he is. The episode with the scene where Monk, Stottlemeyer, and a random cop are popping the bubble wrap together is one of my favorite scenes ever.

This now might be a bit out of topic maybe. Hopefully not..

So the thing is, about two weeks ago I happened to found out this series and realised it was actually quite similar to ''The Mentalist'' in a way. For that, I mean, it has pretty much a similar scheme. As a ''The Mentalist'' fan I got quite disappointed.

What are your believes..? Did anyone else here notice this..?

I might anyway check Psych someday soon..

This now might be a bit out of topic maybe. Hopefully not..

So the thing is, about two weeks ago I happened to found out this series and realised it was actually quite similar to ''The Mentalist'' in a way. For that, I mean, it has pretty much a similar scheme. As a ''The Mentalist'' fan I got quite disappointed.

What are your believes..? Did anyone else here notice this..?

I might anyway check Psych someday soon..

I actually watched Psych before The Mentalist, because the latter had been on at the same time as something else I was watching... But after finding the proper amount of time to devote to it, I discovered that I do like The Mentalist a lot better...

But then again, you have to keep in mind what each network is going for with their programming lineup

I actually watched Psych before The Mentalist, because the latter had been on at the same time as something else I was watching... But after finding the proper amount of time to devote to it, I discovered that I do like The Mentalist a lot better...

But then again, you have to keep in mind what each network is going for with their programming lineup

Point taken with that last thing said.. I hadn't really thought of it that way.. Even if I love the Mentalist and couldn't really deal with the idea of it being that similar to another show, I'll try giving a chance to Psych someday.. Still, to tell you the truth, the Mentalist is the only show I've ever really been hooked on..

On some levels, Psych is more similar to the new BBC series of Sherlock, than to The Mentalist... at least in terms of cinematography - they both zoom in on details the main character is seeing... Although Shawn's skills pale in comparison :P

I discovered this a while ago and watched all 6 released seasons on Netflix. Psych and Monk are my favorites right now. Lassie is the top SBPD detective~

Not a fan of Shules or Juliet in general, but they've tried to make her less Mary-Sue lately.