Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
OldJustal

Shiho's tragedy ! Part 1

It's not that I go through so many times to fix mistakes as much as a low self-confidence in my writing. My problem is wondering whether people'll like it before I even start typing. So I go through to see if I like it, add things, play with wording, and even then I don't feel satisfied. I just need opinions, you know?

I'd love to give you my opinion, but I can't think of any word other than awesome. You're probably the best writer here, after all. I for one can't criticize anything you write.

Anyway, every writer should be his/her best critic. If you're satisfied with what you have written, then you have succeeded. If you're still not completely satisfied, then you have failed. That's all I can say.

I am wondering why you don't get so many reviews, though.

I have zero confidence in my writing skills.

But i have 30 procent confidence in my imagination.

*person who is satisfied with editing in 2 or 3 times but still have a hard time with english gramar*

I'd love to give you my opinion, but I can't think of any word other than awesome. You're probably the best writer here, after all. I for one can't criticize anything you write.

Anyway, every writer should be his/her best critic. If you're satisfied with what you have written, then you have succeeded. If you're still not completely satisfied, then you have failed. That's all I can say.

I am wondering why you don't get so many reviews, though.

I don't get reviews because people dislike death fics, and I tend to be much too wordy. But I refuse to publish chapters under 1,500 words, used to be 4,000, but realized that was close to impossible. And MSK is past normal novel-length already... It's technically a short novel.(and I'll be posting the next chapter this weekend because I got it back from my beta. :3 I like my beta- she's a good critic and catches everything I stumble with. XD)

Thanks for the encouragement! I think I have low self-confidence in my writing because the more times I read it over, the dumber it sounds... Or if I take a three-Monty break in my writing and then look back, I think it's pretty good because I don't remember writing it. Strange, huh?

Holy crap, Aya-chan. :shock:

Well, I'm not as "serious" as she is... Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think it's bad.. >.<

It's not always bad.

Holy crap? Most people aren't as serious as I am.... XD I demand perfection from myself! Which is why I usually fail and rewrite things fifty times over!

...Aeyra, even my teacher who's published three books and have two more coming doesn't rewrite it 50 times.

@Aeyra: I usually aim for 4000+ words per chapter. Which means I'm almost finished with mine.

That's good...

Yeah, we have so many talented writers here~!!

Aya-chan, Saki-chan, AMA-CHAN, Moho, others... <3

*Adds Chelsea's name to the list*

Thanks for the compliment, Chels! <3 though I'm not sure I deserve it. I guess my plan now is to go through everything I've written (which is what I do every month--yeah, I really need a life). When I finish editing those 50,000 words I'll go find a beta. *person who is almost burned-out*

...You know, I really don't like it when people keep trying to put themselves down... <_<

Ooh...sorry, I'm just trying to be realistic. It's basically my way of saying, "Please, don't expect so much of me. My whole life everyone has been expecting me to be the best, to be awesome, to be a genius, to be an over-achiever, and I'm not, simply because I'm a normal human being just like everyone else. This is as far as I can go, and if you push me anymore, I'll snap. So please don't expect so much from me." Yeah, that's basically why I always put myself down in everyone's eyes. Sorrrrryyyyy.....

Ooh...sorry, I'm just trying to be realistic. It's basically my way of saying, "Please, don't expect so much of me. My whole life everyone has been expecting me to be the best, to be awesome, to be a genius, to be an over-achiever, and I'm not, simply because I'm a normal human being just like everyone else. This is as far as I can go, and if you push me anymore, I'll snap. So please don't expect so much from me." Yeah, that's basically why I always put myself down in everyone's eyes. Sorrrrryyyyy.....

I'm just like you...

...You know, I really don't like it when people keep trying to put themselves down... <_<

Though you yourself are doing it...to some extent...

Anyways, my writing could be improved (another slightly more positive way of saying "My writing is horrible and needs a lot of brushing up, I'm really not that great of a writer"). I need to do better on description since there's quite a bit that I could improve with.

Though you yourself are doing it...to some extent...

^agrees with that statement

Anyways, my writing could be improved (another slightly more positive way of saying "My writing is horrible and needs a lot of brushing up, I'm really not that great of a writer"). I need to do better on description since there's quite a bit that I could improve with.

I guess we all have lots of improvements to make. But since we're here for each other, it should be a lot easier to do, don't you think?

... <_< <_< <_< I do not!!

Okay, maybe a little... I've actually been thinking about discontinuing "Into the World"..

Ho boy, I can already see all the reviews going 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' LOLZ. I kind of forget what happened in your story, sorry about that... I even forget what happened in the chapter i betaed for you... I'm going to definitely finish MSK one way or another though. Chapter 48 is coming out... Saturday, Sunday at the latest! (sorry, JustaL... We turned your story into a posting zone...)

Ho boy, I can already see all the reviews going 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' LOLZ. I kind of forget what happened in your story, sorry about that... I even forget what happened in the chapter i betaed for you... I'm going to definitely finish MSK one way or another though. Chapter 48 is coming out... Saturday, Sunday at the latest! (sorry, JustaL... We turned your story into a posting zone...)

*agrees with that*

Oops, we did turn this story into a posting zone. Well, maybe it's because we don't have a forum for writers.

*sigh* I have an idea I guess... But I don't think it will work out. Maybe I'll update on more chapter and in the Author's Note, I'll explain. And go on hiatus for a while... *sigh* I want to concentrate on my other fics.

*sigh* I have an idea I guess... But I don't think it will work out. Maybe I'll update on more chapter and in the Author's Note, I'll explain. And go on hiatus for a while... *sigh* I want to concentrate on my other fics.

I see.... I think you should finish it though. You'll probably like the feeling of accomplishment that comes from successfully finishing a long fic. (I still have to get that feeling... :V) I'm concentrating on three stories right now. I think I should delete a few stories... Magician's Daughter, and that Shinichi-niichan crap.

Too.Much.Strain.You.Must.Be.Really.Tired.

I think you should go on hiatus. Take a break; it will do you good and give you time to think things out.

Alright... I'll try to write one more chapter and do that. But I am a pretty big procrastinator...

Aya-chan, I loved the "Shinichi-niichan" one... <3

But I'm concentrating on 4 at the same time... *sigh*

*sigh* people who are amazing writers say they need to improve ...

*sigh* Wich means i need to improve ....

*sigh* I haven't even finished watching My princess .....

Alright... I'll try to write one more chapter and do that. But I am a pretty big procrastinator...

Aya-chan, I loved the "Shinichi-niichan" one... <3

But I'm concentrating on 4 at the same time... *sigh*

But none of them have updated for a while... :( I didn't lime the Shinichi niichan one. I'll keep it up I guess... But I'm deleting Magician's Daughter after posting an author's note. I'll leave it up for a week and then i shall click delete. I have an English essay already... But I'm 90% done already. :P