Detective Conan World
cleofriskey

No more Magic Kaito?

Wow. Quite a debate here, eh?

Gosho has said that Kaitou Kid isn't just there for decoration. He plays a bigger part. I would expect that anyway... I bet a lot of fans will be upset if Kid doesn't get an ending. What about finding Pandora and avenging Toichi's death?

And Akako. <3 Akako will definitely play a role.

Gosho said that Shinichi and Kid looking the same isn't a coincidence, but that's all I remember.

Who cares if the fans are upset ? All that matters for the publishers is making money. The MK manga failed, so why would they continue it on a regular basis ?

It failed before. But DC made Kaitou Kid popular, which will indirectly make MK more popular. Times have changed. People have to learn to be flexible. It doesn't mean something failed before it will fail again. DC is a terribly good marketing for Kaitou Kid. I didn't know about MK manga before. After I watched DC I knew about it and I went to read it because I like Kaitou Kid. MK manga failed because it didn't have a good enough marketing and coverage. Now that it has, there is a possibility that it will revive. You are right, that they might not continue it on a regular basis. Not now. But it might in future. Pepsi failed once. They came back and took over Coca Cola for a certain amount of time after they did minor adjustments. It doesn't mean that something has failed once it will fail forever.

It doesn't matter if the show does not continue on a regular basis. A special once in a while is good for now. At least its an improvement. Better than nothing. :)

That's pretty obvious, however a second chance is something quite rare in the manga industry, but who knows.

Oh, and DC made the Kaito Kid from DC popular, but that doesn't mean the Kaito Kid from MK (which is very different) would be popular as well. Besides, there's quite a gap between being a popular character and a profitable character. It's a shame Oricon didn't do the comic rankings when the 4th volume was released because now we have no way to know if it sold well or not...

You're right. Who knows?

And yes. The Kaitou Kid from DC and Kaitou Kid from MK is different. That's why it doesn't mean that if Kaitou Kid in DC is popular, Kaitou Kid from MK would be popular. But you cannot deny that if Kaitou Kid in DC is becoming popular, it would definitely indirectly affect Kaitou Kid from MK since he was borrowed from there.

Also, we can now see if these two episodes that have just aired - if they would have high ratings. If they don't, it just meant that people in Japan are not supportive enough of this character and future character development would be limited. However, if these two episodes are a hit, then WHY WOULD THE PRODUCERS NOT CONTINUE IT?! If Kaitou Kid is not at all popular... Then why are these two episodes even aired? Or produced? He could just be a special character that appears in DC and people will still support the episode! Everything happens with a reason. You don't see Heiji having his very own special.

And yes. The Kaitou Kid from DC and Kaitou Kid from MK is different. That's why it doesn't mean that if Kaitou Kid in DC is popular, Kaitou Kid from MK would be popular. But you cannot deny that if Kaitou Kid in DC is becoming popular, it would definitely indirectly affect Kaitou Kid from MK since he was borrowed from there.

Also, we can now see if these two episodes that have just aired - if they would have high ratings. If they don't, it just meant that people in Japan are not supportive enough of this character and future character development would be limited. However, if these two episodes are a hit, then WHY WOULD THE PRODUCERS NOT CONTINUE IT?! If Kaitou Kid is not at all popular... Then why are these two episodes even aired? Or produced? He could just be a special character that appears in DC and people will still support the episode! Everything happens with a reason. You don't see Heiji having his very own special.

It could affect the Kaito from MK, but enough for him to be profitable, that is the question.

The first episode got a rating of 9.4% which is a good score a little above DC's average (around 9%), some fillers and DB episodes which aired this year have got a better score though (623 got 9.5%, 604 got 10.6%, 605 got 10.4%) . However, keep in mind that the ratings depend a lot on what is airing on other channels and that the audience for the anime and the manga are different. Basically, the first episode wasn't a hit, but it wasn't a failure either. I do think they will continue because they can be sold on DVD to some of the otakus to make money (the call-ins at the end of the specials speak for themselves).

There is a reason Heiji doesn't have his own special, it's because he doesn't have his own manga.

Another reason that Heiji didn't have his own special, is that he is, a supporting character and does not really have the capacity to have his own show. He is a detective and so is Conan/Shinichi. It wouldn't make sense to give him a detective show of his own.

Whether it was because of the otakus, or fans, I think the anime will still continue... How would the pace be like, I wouldn't know but I think there's a high possibility that it would.

Kid is a supporting character too you know. Besides, I think Heiji does have the capacity to have his own show, it would be more Kindichi like though (the 'stupid' teen and his love-interest).

Yes, the anime will most likely continue, I've been saying that for over a page now.

What I meant by supporting character, is that he cannot be a complete standalone. Heiji's life revolves around Conan and Shinichi, a complete standalone is a waste of time...

Agreed! Let's imagine Heiji has his own show...what will be the plot look like?Kazuha following Heiji solving cases?It's more reasonable that MK has it's own because Kaito Kid has the ability to make the fans out there enjoying. :mellow:

REALLY?! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PIECE OF NEWS?! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

He probably got it from DCTP.

This one's based on Akako, apparently. So, 1-6, I'm guessing?