Detective Conan World
christae

which is better, Movie 13 or 14?

This topic contains conversation that has likely been completely beaten to death already, but I'll post for the heck of it.

The Lost Ship in the Sky, was, in my opinion, one of the worst movies among the 14+1 movies DC has to its name. There was almost no mystery factor and the post-ending scene was less than satisfactory. I will admit that the "chase" (the part where Conan is tailed by pretty much every terrorist on that freaking ship and manages to freaking disable all of them) was a pretty decent scene, but that's about it.

The Raven Chaser was pretty good, but yes, it has flaws. The mystery introduced in the movie gave quite an ominous vibe and was quite fun to strike a blow at, but revealing a possible culprit, then switching to the "real culprit" just because of some thing about defiling stars or something (can't remember it) doesn't really make me happy. I also, like most people, actually wanted to see more BO influence throughout the movie BESIDES the two appearances of Gin (once at a house and once at that almost unforgettable helicopter scene, after all, more Gin makes better movie) because with just a few appearances, it didn't feel really like it should be sold around that little "battle with the Black Organization" feel.

But, overall, The Raven Chaser pretty much blows the Lost Ship in the Sky out of the water (or the sky, should I say? :P) for so many reasons. That is my opinion.

• Upvote 1

This topic contains conversation that has likely been completely beaten to death already, but I'll post for the heck of it.

The Lost Ship in the Sky, was, in my opinion, one of the worst movies among the 14+1 movies DC has to its name. There was almost no mystery factor and the post-ending scene was less than satisfactory. I will admit that the "chase" (the part where Conan is tailed by pretty much every terrorist on that freaking ship and manages to freaking disable all of them) was a pretty decent scene, but that's about it.

The Raven Chaser was pretty good, but yes, it has flaws. The mystery introduced in the movie gave quite an ominous vibe and was quite fun to strike a blow at, but revealing a possible culprit, then switching to the "real culprit" just because of some thing about defiling stars or something (can't remember it) doesn't really make me happy. I also, like most people, actually wanted to see more BO influence throughout the movie BESIDES the two appearances of Gin (once at a house and once at that almost unforgettable helicopter scene, after all, more Gin makes better movie) because with just a few appearances, it didn't feel really like it should be sold around that little "battle with the Black Organization" feel.

But, overall, The Raven Chaser pretty much blows the Lost Ship in the Sky out of the water (or the sky, should I say? :P) for so many reasons. That is my opinion.

Totally in agreement here, with one difference. I didn't like Raven Chaser. It was certainly better than Lost Ship, but it too had a plot that I felt was thrown together and they threw in plot twists for the absolute hell of it.

For kid cooperating with Conan Magician of the Silver Sky. For BO Countdown to Heaven. End of story.

I liked movie 14 better just because that guy threw Conan out of the window.

Why doesn't anyone ever say "defenestrate." As in "Conan was defenestrated from the airship." It is such an awesome word and deserves to be used more!

I don't like both.

In fact, I don't like the movies at all, because no matter how good they are, they're still not canon (which means that what happened in movies, although exciting, were not real). I just watch them mostly for entertaining purpose.

I just watch them mostly for entertaining purpose.

...That's the purpose of the movies...

Anyway, they're both awful, 13 was bad because it was a huge ripoff, all of the good scenes were given away in the trailers

14 was bad because there was no murder, and the "plot" if you can even call it that, was dry and mundane, plus kid was in it, that only serves to make it even more useless and irrelevant

• Upvote 1

Despite how stupid the chopper battle was, I really enjoyed movie 13 simply because of the Black Organization cameos, Vermouth and Gin, yeeeh, and of course my heart's joy, CHIANTI!! cexy beast.

I really disliked M-14, but I thought M-13 was okay.

I mean, the mystery and murder in M-13 was extremely creative (if you went back and watched it over a few times), but also very unrealistic. I've never heard of an elevator holding only seven people, especially in a hotel. Not to mention, the fact that they even allow elevators to be used during a fire is insane. Maybe the safety regulations in Japan aren't exactly the same as in America. Also, the fact that the culprit just happened to take the one thing the BO was looking for and Irish just happened to hear about Conan during his attempt to retrieve to SD card or whatever it was via infiltrating the police department was also really far fetched. Not to mention, don't Apaches have missiles? Why not use them, Gin? You've already gone pretty far having that monster in plain sight, why not have more fun with it?

But other than that, I still consider it a pretty decent movie, and it's still a lot better than M-14.

Not to mention, don't Apaches have missiles? Why not use them, Gin? You've already gone pretty far having that monster in plain sight, why not have more fun with it?

Come to think of it, no one afterwards mentions the helicopter opening fire on the tower...

And if that had missiles, then I think the chase would've ended a lot sooner.

I like the Raven Chaser a whole lot better than the Lost Ship in the Sky...mostly because it had the BO in it. :P There were too many plot holes in the Raven Chaser though, like: "Where did Shinichi go?" "Why in the world did a little kid make an entire deduction?" "What happened to the helicopter?" "Why was the helicopter shooting at the tower?" "What happened to the body?" "Why in the world would anyone choose to disguise as Yamamura keibu?" "Why was the hard drive/USB/whatever-it-was shot through?" Too many questions, partially why I like Fallout which attempts to answer most of those. Even the Organization can't clean up all that before the police arrive and the crime scene gets on national television.

As for the Lost Ship in the Sky...I didn't have too much of an opinion on it. A bit lame and not much of a true plot. I mean...rob a highly guarded facility just so you can steal statues to sell in the underground market? Isn't there anything better you can think of?

Off Topic: I can't wait to see Quarter of Silence though...I heard the plot is much better and more realistic.

i'm not really intereseted in the actual case in the movies. i simply watched both because of BO and kaitou kid... and the romance parts too... both cases are not that interesting... both doesn't stand above the other...

14 because it has more of the DB, Haibara gets slapped, and "Conan was defenestrated from the airship" (Happy now, Kyuu? :grin: ) AND then shot several times.

I'm a horrible person... I know... but I love it when characters everybody loves get the s**t beat out of them! XD (And i'm not particularly fond of Conan so... B) )