Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 32 -- Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow

It's a corny sounding name xDDDD

SILENCE. It is a marvelous name, because anything GARNET CROW ever do ever is marvelous.

In all seriousness, I'm so excited for this new song. The descriptions of it on the GARNET CROW official site make it sound entirely wonderful. And knowing AZUKI Nana, the lyrics will be excellent, because she always makes excellent lyrics without fail. (dedicated Nana fanboy)

August 6th, hurry up!!

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, there aren't even any spoilers or previews of the song out yet.

We only have album covers (seen below), but those don't really tell us much.

gzca-4135.jpg

gzca-7166.jpg

I hope it's a cool dark song like "U" or "picture of world". Judging by the cover and descriptions of it on the GC site, it probably is/

I'm also really excited for the coupling songs, too. GARNET always have awesome coupling songs.

And that is an AWESOME wolf. :P

• Upvote 1

Is it me or does the name sound like they made this for detective conan specifically? I'm sure it will be good.... It had better be really. It has a good ed to live up to.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Garnet Crow, Mai Kuraki, B'z, Naifu, ZARD, Rina Aiuichi, Caos Caos and all the others who have done openings and endings for Detective Conan are AMAZING. I LOVE THEM ALL.

Garnet Crow, Mai Kuraki, B'z, Naifu, ZARD, Rina Aiuichi, Caos Caos and all the others who have done openings and endings for Detective Conan are AMAZING. I LOVE THEM ALL.

One more: FLOW. I LOVE FLOW.

The opening has now been uploaded to YouTube.

These are my thoughts on it:

Pros:

- Good song

- No PV or anime styled singer involved

-Scenes go decently well with song

Cons:

- All repeated scenes

- Too much Kaito Kid

- No BO

Now, I know there is a Kaito Kid special going on right now, so I understand why they have a lot of Kaito Kid scenes, but I'm just dissapointed they repeated scenes for the opening's debut. Even Giri Giri Chop was better than this. I'm pretty sure they'll have original scenes after the special is over, but that'll be a few weeks from now. Guess I have no other option but to continue to wait.

For this version of the opening, I give it an average 6/10.

They just treated these specials the same way they treat some of the remastered episodes : new song but no new images. Judging an opening based on that seems a bit rushed.

I know, but I would have preferred it if they just kept Don't Wanna Lie for a little while and change that up rather than change the song and get people's hopes up.

Am I the only one highly disappointed by Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow? I feel like it should be better and feel less generic....

But hey... at least Pilgrim is good :)

Am I the only one highly disappointed by Misty Mystery by Garnet Crow? I feel like it should be better and feel less generic....

But hey... at least Pilgrim is good :)

I thought it was pretty good. If you hear the longer version of the song, it's better than the opening version (listen to it here).

I thought it was pretty good. If you hear the longer version of the song, it's better than the opening version (listen to it here).

You don't get it... That is precisely my problem. I expected a bit more from Garnet Crow. Granted the full version is better, but it still isn't as good as I expected. It's a fairly average. The opening sequence used the most generic part of the song, I'll grant you that, and the full version is better (Kind of ironic since that was the exact opposite of Mysterious by Naifu, where the only good portion was used for the OP).

The B'z didn't deliver their best work with Pilgrim, but it is still a great song that fits the ED of DC. Misty Mystery just doesn't feel up to snuff imo. I think this may have been merely their best choice so they wouldn't have a B'z OP and a B'z ED at the same time. That is the way this song makes me feel at least.

I actually like this song more than Garnet Crow's other ones... But I completely despise Pilgrim :P

I definitely don't think this is their best work, and Pilgrim isn't bad at all.

EDIT:

The real opening has been uploaded to YouTube!

Finally, after all this time waiting, it has been released!

Okay, so this is my opinion of it: I have to say this is one of the most flawlessly done openings so far. I extremely like this song, which sort of makes me a bit biased, but I think most people would agree Misty Mystery is better than As the Dew. Anyway, as for the opening, I am relieved that they have gone back to showing a huge number of characters in the openings. I think the only person they missed that I was sort of expecting was Okiya, but I can overlook that. The opening referred to a few cases (the London arc being one of them). They also showed a scene from one of the HeijixKazuha episodes, just forgot the name of it. The opening has a lot of ShinRan of course, but nothing too special. Haibara appears very briefly at one part with the Detective Boys, but it was symbolic so I guess it wasn't too bad for her. But most importantly, the BO has returned! They haven't had an appearance in an opening since Summer Time Gone, and that was OP-29. Not to mention they only appeared for a brief split second as a shadowy image. The real solid appearance they had was in OP-28, As the Dew. I don't really know why OP-30 and OP-31 lacked the BO. Don't Wanna Lie could have very easily featured them, but they didn't. Oh well, what's done is done. I'm really happy with this opening, considering the dry spell we've had for months. I give it a 9/10. Hope OP-33 can live up to it!

I decided to add the opening to the first post of this thread for those of you who don't feel like going on YouTube to find it yourself. Enjoy!

This opening is fantastic, :D. Miles ahead of Don't Wanna Lie. If it weren't for the insulting lack of Haibara (6 seconds with the Detective Boys doesn't cut it), it would be one of my favourites.