Detective Conan World
DrWhoAR

Megure Knowing the Secret?

That was detailed, as expected from Chekhov. :D

Seriously I still can't believe Megure still is a boss, he didn't let himself think of this part as to recognize Conan's intelligence. :mellow: he is really dense.

And the lead Megure has is the 'kidnapping' and fishy 'act of dead' which may pulled out by Akai and Conan. I find Conan a bit strange by way smiling at Jodie. Conan's working relationship with Takagi and Megure is a bit unclear, but there's a small chance FBI (boss and a guy) know the existence of Akai. They play actors around Jodie, as they know her well she and Akai once dating before.

It become a hidden story waiting to be answer, as it's the exciting part of suspense in the story. Megure likely to suspect Conan immediately if he working with Heiji. But, it's not gonna happen as manga proceed to middle part of story.

If Takagi figure out Conan's identity, he's not going to tell Megure. well it's terribly suck for Megure if he has to rely on Shinichi to tell the truth.

I agree the part, there's a say: seeing is believing. Megure able to figure out from Conan's characteristic and level of intelligence when want to talk about Shinichi.

In recent manga Conan have reveal his power as detective and Heiji finally make his appearance in front of Sera and Megure. Too bad for Megure when he did not see Heiji and Conan together.

I think that Satou is subconsciously aware that Conan isn't actually a 7 year old, but she hasn't really thought about it consciously yet, plus she's only met 'Shinichi' once.

yeah, she want to believe but she think it's better to think of him as young boy. IF she think too much of it, she will think like Heiji, realize it was a boy and it is impossible for boy to be Shinichi. She's a bit like Heiji, waiting for Conan produce evidence she can expose him on spot as Shinichi.

I think that if anyone in the police force really do find out who Conan really is, it would be:

- Sato & Takagi

- Yui Uehara & Kansuke Yamato

He has mentally compared Conan to Shinichi at least once. If you read the case with Genta's dad Megure at one point (after Conan being... unsubtle and then pretending 'Shinichi-niisan' told him) thinks 'so it was Kudou-kun after all'. This shows that he, at the very least, noticed Conan was saying things that were the sort of thing that Shinichi would say. I don't think that Megure knows Conan is Shinichi though...

Imagine Sato realize Takagi has involve with FBI and believe Conan is related to FBI as believe he's intelligent-to-be-protected, thinking to assist Takagi and give hints to him be wanted and get married as undercover wife. Second version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Megure knows Conan is intelligent, believe he is genius kid.

Don't think so but I think if anyone has a good chance of knowing I think Takagi. That is because Conan is always telling him to do stuff to solve the case.

Out of all of the police officers, Takagi WAS the closest at figuring out Conan's identity during the Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages (2 Hour Special) episode.

Out of all of the police officers, Takagi WAS the closest at figuring out Conan's identity during the Trembling Police Headquarters: 12 Million Hostages (2 Hour Special) episode.

This has never been developed further, sadly.

I'm curious, I'm kind of new to the series (only up to episode 178), and I was wondering about Inspector Megure. Ran has come close to figuring out Conan's secret several times, has Megure?

of course,ran is innocent but is used by conan :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I really don't see Megure as one of the characters that will ever find out Conan's identity, even at the end of the series, along with Mouri who even after Conan leaves him and becomes Shinichi again will always think of himself as a great detective without knowing that Conan solved them all.

...This is all in my opinion.

As far as i remember up to 730+ep Megure never suspected Conan as much as "Kid who knows a lot of useless things..." or "Smart one", inspector always adds "...and what he teaches this kid..." So i think in future maybe he'll start to suspect conan but i dont think about it alot. But i have 1 question to all of you who remembers in what episodes(by number or case name) Megure refers to Conan as shinigami(not Kogoro) Smth like "...I'm starting to think that it is u Conan not Mouri r shinigami here...." Thats the frase i remembered and after i've seen whole anime up to 5+ times still cant remember exactly what eps it was. And i dont read manga to anime that is still on air or will be on air after short time. Since whatching is way more interesting for me than reading...

And about Takagi & Sato I'd say that Sato is way more suspicious about Conan and all other things than Takagi. Since Takagi already knows that Conan is not just a kid but he just ignoring those thoughts and keep listening to Conans deductions since this way he can quickly resolve cases... thats my opinion...