Detective Conan World
DrWhoAR

Megure Knowing the Secret?

I'm curious, I'm kind of new to the series (only up to episode 178), and I was wondering about Inspector Megure. Ran has come close to figuring out Conan's secret several times, has Megure?

as far as I know, he thinks Conan is some kind of ... uh.. "Voodoo that brings cases," or something like that...

But no, he didn't even suspected Conan. Except the fact that he usually finds odd things, evidences, or whatever he says gives hint/clue, etc..

well the answer is NOOOOOOOOO

kogouro is 1000 times smarter than megure

then if there 1% chance for kogouro to find then megure has o.ooo1% chance

karan can you try to avoid character bashing, it just starts arguments and makes people who like those characters annoyed, including me, I think Kogorou is awesome~!

Anyway, as far as I remember Megure has never come that close that we've seen, though at times he seems suspicious about how often Kogorou and Conan end up at crime scenes. I do think Takagi's got a much better chance at figuring it out..

EDIT: I love your username by the way :mrgreen:

karan can you try to avoid character bashing, it just starts arguments and makes people who like those characters annoyed, including me, I think Kogorou is awesome~!

Anyway, as far as I remember Megure has never come that close that we've seen, though at times he seems suspicious about how often Kogorou and Conan end up at crime scenes. I do think Takagi's got a much better chance at figuring it out..

EDIT: I love your username by the way :mrgreen:

i said what i wanted to say

i have the freedom of speech an di not abusing any1

those were my reviews and u can't change understood

what can i do if u feel bad about kogour

i hate kogoro u love kogorou for that reason would u mureder me

no .... same here those r just and just review

don't take them seriously

OKAY

*sigh* I didn't mean it like that, I meant that those views are better shared on threads about those characters where you can give justifications and everything. It doesn't really add to the conversation if you're just stating that 'cause you think that A is stupid and you think that B is stupider than that then what you say must be true. I apologise if I came on a bit strongly but I feel that if you have a right to free speech then you should use it responsibly by trying not to offend people, even if it's on accident...

Anyway... er, want an e-cookie? :lol:

Wait... Megure? :mellow: :mellow: :mellow: Well, I guess it's possible... But if it was anybody to figure out who Conan really is in the police, my first guess would be Takagi and then Satou.

Kogoro is smart. I agree with that.

He is smart enough to solve the cases by himself, but he's just....

uh... not very observant...or... not even thinking...

He just spits out whatever it comes to his mind.

He really should actually think before saying anything... =_=

At laest Megure and other police officers are actually thinking before saying anything...

Conan/Shinichi is like... cautious, but hmmm... how do I say that... well you get the idea.

Funny thing is, Conan seems to find his way through police and get in to the crime scene to investigate.

and the policemen are blind. They can't see him.... O_o

or are they just allowing him to investigate...?

I find it highly doubtful, Megure may consider Conan a shinigami, but I don't think he suspects Conan as any more than an intelligent kid. Now, Takagi and Sato on the other hand have gotten to know Conan a lot better and Takagi even went as far as to ask Conan about who he really was. Conan's answer didn't help lay suspicions off either. :P

I find it brilliant how everyone has said that Takagi (and sometimes Satou's been mentioned too) is more likely to figure it out than Megure, there's even a 'Takagi knows' thread over on DCTP about it. I just find that really amusing for some reason... :lol:

Well, what if Megure is acting? Megure has to keep his job if B.O. infiltrate/interfering police force. After Akai's dead/fake it, it's matter of time Megure will find out Shinichi's fingerprint on Conan's handphone. It will trigger Megure's thoughts, if he have Shinichi's fingerprint, how come there's no Edogowa Conan's? I'm turning wary whenever Megure is around, after Akai faking death.

Well I have theory, as many people here is keen to know how many people knows Conan's secret. Heiji knows as he's persistent. And recently everything is done in the dark, I've read the manga and every characters lurking around, see you here and there... I can confirm with everyone there's inside story.

Megure is important figure, as no one haven't recently notice him. The only happening is they have Conan's cellphone. Why Megure is important? He will think Conan is illegal immigrant when he noticed Shinichi's fingerprint on Conan's cellphone, he's not going to like it but it's likely he don't want to believe. He will ask Takagi and Satou about the kid. He likely to think Conan is related to FBI and receive their protection if this goes on (he's going to have third thought). And Megure won't let this rest, I think in dark he wants FBI to investigate as terror has taken place before, in shopping centres and areas which has been bombed before. one thing I'm a bit uncertain, he maybe incline to think the terror act does relate to FBI.

I think... it's matter of time Megure will find out Conan's cellphone, if they collaborated to accept Akai want to fake his death. And Takagi somehow able to give new cellphone straightaway, as Conan may tell Takagi in advance about incoming event of Akai's major decision. Takagi is frank, so he has decision to help Conan either to keep secret or seek for 'army'.

When Akai is alive in hospital, they don't know Conan's secret, but story so far proceed to Takagi's suspicious act and behavior around Conan. (that's what we gather when reading manga) Megure act or innocently show he doesn't know, but I'm clear about he's still investigating 'Conan and Haibara's kidnapping case', for one thing I'm certain he know that case meet more than an eye.

So I can gather, Megure see Conan is a mysterious person he ever met in his life. :) He knows Conan received help, has unusual name, still planning to find out more about 'kidnapper'. Maybe he knows of Conan's cellphone is in the police force, realize there's no Conan's finger print as he realized they don't have 'child's' finger print. the deleted scene, or hidden story... Megure will not going to ask Conan about it. He will ask Shinichi's parents about their son and the alias 'Conan Edogowa'.

Based on this evidence he has, he will search for what opponent he's up against that has caught FBI and Shinichi's family in fear. (We may discuss more of plot in this thread, as there's Sera involve deeply.) I type this up so I can think better, the manga will continue tell the story about B.O. soon.

I know IU. I know. I'm just saying that it is a bit strange...

Megure might suspect Conan. It's just that it's something like "Who knows?" kinda thing...

And... Magure can't be the B.O. it is just impossible... for someone like him to be in B.O...

I know this have been on other topics, but this is interesting.

I want to see what Chekhov got to say about this. :P

*nods head*

Megure having an important role hmmm... interesting.. (I have the same feeling he is important but not like what you said)

I want also to see what Chekhov will say about this..

This theory really needs proper evidence to back it if you want it to be plausible. I mean, the police do have the phone but it IS NOT Megure's job to fingerprint stuff, that's something people lower down do. There really isn't any reason why Megure should be the one looking into the phone. In a fairly realistic situation Megure would probably delegate most cold cases like 'Akai's' body being found to officers like Satou and Takagi. You're coming up with interesting possibilities, but they're not really that probable and need to have evidence behind them. Good try though. :mrgreen:

And I suppose I agree with the others that Chekhov should look at this, it's got some potential...

This theory really needs proper evidence to back it if you want it to be plausible. I mean, the police do have the phone but it IS NOT Megure's job to fingerprint stuff, that's something people lower down do. There really isn't any reason why Megure should be the one looking into the phone. In a fairly realistic situation Megure would probably delegate most cold cases like 'Akai's' body being found to officers like Satou and Takagi. You're coming up with interesting possibilities, but they're not really that probable and need to have evidence behind them. Good try though. :mrgreen:

And I suppose I agree with the others that Chekhov should look at this, it's got some potential...

One thing though... is sometimes the evidence finding isn't the best part, it can be subtle as everything rolls out. Megure has the access, he's the superior and have opportunity to see the evidence when he wanted to see. He can ask to see it and report from his man. :mellow:

If it's not enough, I dare say this is a big scale story behind the scene, everything has beginning. And the story is long, we have no idea how long is hidden story will last until Bourbon reveal identity.

Okiya, Sera.... new characters coming in...

I need to gather thoughts, have it type or organize out, and evidence (?) I can look into it as the story is long and currently under investigation.

There's a Holmes quote you really need to read:

'It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'

But, thanks for not taking what I said the wrong way. :lol:

Out of all the police, Megure is in the best position to figure out Shinichi is Conan because he has extensively worked with both of them. Unfortunately Megure also seems a bit dense about some things.

Just because Conan's fingerprint isn't registered in a database somewhere doesn't mean that Megure will find out Conan doesn't exist. There isn't any reason to suspect Conan is an illegal immigrant - he looks, acts, and speaks Japanese and has demonstrated in front of the police an extensive knowledge of Japanese history and culture. Also, the police may have obtained his fingerprints by lifting them from some object he touched at a crime scene without trying to consult a national fingerprint registry. The police must not be crosschecking Conan's fingerprints to a national registry anyway because one Kudo Shinichi would have come up as a match which should have raised some difficult questions a long time ago.

The police know that Conan and the FBI have appeared in some cases together, but that doesn't mean they work together. It's a quite an assumption for a police officer to make because it also implies some sort of outlandish situation - like why FBI would work with a seven year old. Exempting the "child kidnapping case which Jodie coincidentally came across and tried to stop" (aka showdown with Vermouth), all of the cases where the police have seen the FBI have been random murder cases and such where the FBI were unrelated to the crime. The police didn't know about the FBI being at the department store bomb scare, and I'm not even sure they took the names of the people involved in the Teito bank robbery considering how scar Akai manged to book it out of there without Jodie getting to him.

Megure doesn't know about Akai being FBI either. Conan knows his name when it got taken down by the police after the bus jacking case, but I doubt Akai would have revealed he was an FBI agent at that time. Camel didn't admit to being an FBI agent in a case until he became the top suspect, and in the busjack Akai was less important - just a random unfortunate passenger who was picked to be a body double by the culprits. Akai's "body" was never identified as Akai by the police either; Jodie claimed he was a random man she met at a rest stop.

So to sum it up, I strongly doubt Megure will figure out Conan is involved with the FBI considering the cases so far. There aren't solid enough reasons to. As for figuring out Conan is someone suspicious, he has seen almost as much as Takagi, but has yet to say anything even though he knows Shinichi well. That's part of why I think Megure is a bit dense, and Megure doesn't seem like the kind of person to stay silent and try to pull a gambit by waiting for the right moment to catch Conan offguard to make him reveal the truth. Megure may get suspicious later, but it will be because Conan is too bright and too good at deduction rather than because Conan and the FBI are at the same cases sometimes.