Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Noir

Aoyama & Takayama Split Up

Conan's Voice Actress, Conan's Manga Creator Divorce

Detective Conan - News - 12/10/2007

Various newspapers in Japan have reported on Monday morning that voice actress Minami Takayama (Detective Conan's Conan, Kiki's Delivery Service's Kiki and Ursula) and manga creator Gosho Aoyama (Detective Conan/Case Closed) have divorced. Thanks to their connection through Aoyama's most famous work, the Japanese media called the couple's May 2005 nuptials the "wedding of the Conans." Takayama's agency released a statement that said, "Due to the private nature [of this matter], we have no comment."

In addition to her other famous roles such as Gegege no Kitarō's Kitaro and The Vision of Escaflowne's Dilandau, Takayama also sang the vocals for the musical duo TWO-MIX. Besides Conan, Aoyama created Magic Kaito and Yaiba. Takayama had first met Aoyama while voicing the main character of the Yaiba anime, and she "reverse-proposed" to Aoyama on March of 2005, two months before their marriage.

Source: Oricon

Thank you to enjin2000 for the news tip.

[via Anime News Network]

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Start a discussion, and tell us your thoughts here!

I do agree that this isn't "news" but I think it still is an important event which is a characteristic of "news" so I thought of adding it up here.

Still, if this thread can't be accepted, it's practically fine. At least we can gather data once pending news is cancelled. xD

I also think it is not current enough. But it's indeed an interesting topic. I'll move it to "General" under the Detective Conan forum.

Thanks for the post! :)