Detective Conan World
Aeyra

Unexpected

I know it's not very detailed, but I came up with it in about fifteen minutes cuz my mom's coming home any minute now. I'll fix it later when I have time... I promise... Dedicated to Ainaji who asked for this.

Unexpected

“Haibara!” he calls to me, azure eyes twinkling with affection, enthusiasm, running as he crosses the school yard to greet me. “What’s up?”

“Nothing,” I respond, smiling up at him. He’s sure gotten taller over these past few years, and now we’re both in fourth grade together. “How about you?”

“Same. The homework was easy, but I really wish you would have played soccer with the rest of us yesterday- it was so fun. Ayumi and I crushed them.” His soccer skills haven’t dulled either, even improving as he practiced so often. Looking at his face, I really wish I played too.

“Haibara, do you remember what day it is?” he asks, almost jumping up and down with what seems like excitement. Ayumi and Genta look at him curiously as they step in, grinning as they pass.

“Good luck,” I hear Genta whisper and Ayumi giggles as well. He blushes a little bit, turning red on his cheeks and ears.

“Not really. I think it’s like the fourteenth of March or something.” I didn’t look at the calendar on the way out of the Professor’s house today, but something about March 14th rings a bell in my head. What date was that again…?

“Oh, then, if you don’t remember, then I guess it’s not that big of a deal,” he mutters, looking at the ground. A small wind blows, carrying with it the sakura petals of the spring.

We walk into the school together, hand in hand, dodging accusations of entering the classroom as husband and wife. “Are you kidding me?” he protests, pointing to me. “She’s just my friend!”

I don’t say anything. It’d be so great if it was true, and that he was mine. He’s healed my heart after the downfall of the Black Organization, even though I still refuse to admit it. He’s my light, and at the moment I don’t plan on letting him know.

During class, he’s evasive, commenting on the date and how nice it is outside. His gaze often strays to me, focusing on my longer tea-colored hair, drifting away only once in a while to pay attention to the teacher even though he already knows the curriculum. So do I.

Because of that, I stare at him as well. Those sea-blue irises, deeper than ocean abysses, that soft dark-brown hair, his smile, so pleasing yet carrying pride, and him in general. I let out a sweet sigh. I’m so lucky that he likes me.

The teacher points to him, asking, “Can you tell me what the answer is?”

The explanation flows out of his mouth like a river, easily and deep. He obviously understands the subject well, and I hear our classmates gasp in amazement at the complexity of the explanation. They must not pay attention- he’s always like this. Always one step ahead everyone else. It makes me feel so proud.

“So, Haibara,” he starts, sounding extremely embarrassed once we’ve let out class. “A-are you free right now? I was wondering if you wanted to- you know- hang out with me for a little bit.”

“Sure, why not?” There’s nothing I’d like to do more than spend time with you, I think. You have no idea.

He took me out of the shadows of the Black Organization, introducing a whole new world to me, showing me friendship and even love. Even if he didn’t know exactly what was wrong if I started crying, he’d always hand me a tissue and simply ask the question, “Are you okay?” Simple words that let me know he cares, and that he’s still my friend.

I love it when he blushes, when he laughs. I can’t help but follow along with whatever antics he decides to do, giggle at his jokes, however lame and cheesy, and smile when he’s happy, talking about whatever he did last night. He hasn’t made any big moves yet, but there’s still time. We’re only fourth graders, or at least in looks. But in intelligence and maturity, we’re so much further.

He’s always prepared, hardly straying off into childish games and whatnot. He’s so much brighter than anyone could believe his head full of science and detective things. He got exposed to it so much when he was young; I guess no one could blame him. Especially not me- I love it even more once he starts talking.

He confessed to me just a year ago, right after the syndicate was taken down. With a blushing face and stuttering speech, he uttered the words, “I love you, Haibara.” And I responded, saying, “I like you too.” Since then, we’re almost inseparable when we’re together, and I’m always wondering what he’s doing when he’s apart.

We haven’t done anything big yet, just a kiss under a tree in the cool of fall, something that both of us still remember- I don’t know how we could forget. We were talking, and somehow, we leaned in towards each other, feeling the static electricity in the air fizzle as our lips met. It was energizing, passionate, and we both wanted more, only stopping once we ran out of breath, laughing, him on top of me.

We knew better than to kiss again- it would lose its magic touch, and we were getting stares from people around us, wondering why the heck such little kids would be making out. He’s invited me to the ice cream parlor, but never a restaurant, seeing that he’s not allowed to go to places like that ‘by himself’, even though he’s perfectly capable of it.

I wonder what he’s up to now- by the look in his eyes it’s something special. Something great. I run by his side as we sprint down the streets, closer towards his destination. I ask him where we’re going, but he just replies, “It’s a secret!”

He takes me into the forest, holding back branches and clearing away the brush as we make our way through, the sun starting to set in the west. “Are we almost there?” I inquire, trying to keep up with his fast set pace. He grips my hand, holds it tight.

“Almost, just hold on tight!” He jumps off a ridge, dragging me behind him as we slide down the dirt-filled hill.

“Are you sure this is safe?!” I exclaim, feeling the wind come through my hair.

“Don’t worry,” he comforts me. “I’ve done it tons of times already.” We land on the ground. “See, nothing to it!”

“Nothing to you!” I tease. “You know I’m not very good at handling that kind of stuff.”

“Come on, hurry a little bit,” he urges me. “We’ve got to get there before the sun sets!”

We eventually come upon a meadow full of beautiful white flowers; roses, orchids, everything. Smiling, he picks a couple and makes a crown, which he places on top of my head. “Do you remember what day it is now?”

“White day,” I realize, diving forward to hug him. “This is so beautiful!”

“It’s nothing, Haibara. After all, you gave me chocolate on Valentine’s Day.”

“But this- this is so much better than candy!”

“Like I said, don’t fret. I just wanted to let you know I love you, Haibara.” He gives me a small kiss on the side of the mouth.

“I love you too, Mitsuhiko.” And that’s where we share our second kiss.

Now come up clean. Did anyone think I was talking about Conan the entire time?

• Upvote 3

WOW!! SO CUTE~~~!! I LOVE IT!! I TOTALLY thought it was CONAN the ENTIRE TIME!! WHOA!! AWESOME!! Keep it up!! But... Mitsuhiko calls Ai 'Haibara-san'. CAN YOU DO A FIC THAT INCLUDES AKAKO?? :D

WHAT?! Yes, I did think it was Conan the entire time. At first I thought you went crazy, writing a ConAi fic, but then Mitsuhiko came...you must admit, you did write it somewhat like it was Conan...

But Mitsuhiko X Ai is sweet...

Looking back on it, you gave quite a few hints that it was Mitsuhiko. If it had been Conan, Mitsuhiko would've looked depressed. Conan is allowed pretty much everywhere on his own, so he wouldn't have rules against taking Ai to a restaurant.

Oh, and Chelsea, I know what your birthday present is going to be. I'll be writing a fic on Akako. In fact, I had planned to write a fic on Akako and Haibara together in the first place, but I'll write a oneshot dedicated to you. And I'll release one more chapter of Taken on our birthday. :D

WHAT?! Yes, I did think it was Conan the entire time. At first I thought you went crazy, writing a ConAi fic, but then Mitsuhiko came...you must admit, you did write it somewhat like it was Conan...

But Mitsuhiko X Ai is sweet...

Looking back on it, you gave quite a few hints that it was Mitsuhiko. If it had been Conan, Mitsuhiko would've looked depressed. Conan is allowed pretty much everywhere on his own, so he wouldn't have rules against taking Ai to a restaurant.

Oh, and Chelsea, I know what your birthday present is going to be. I'll be writing a fic on Akako. In fact, I had planned to write a fic on Akako and Haibara together in the first place, but I'll write a oneshot dedicated to you. And I'll release one more chapter of Taken on our birthday. :D

That was on purpose. Notice how I didn't use Conan's name anywhere, and I never said 'he' helped take down the BO. I did change his speech to Haibara, but they're closer in the fic, so it's allowed. ^-^

I really did think that this was a ConAi fanfic and I was like O___o WHYYY DID YOU BETRAY US, AEYRAAA? And then at the end I realized it was Mitsuhiko and then I felt dumb xD

i def thought it was conan... but don't worry, in my mind i've completely erased those last few sentences and inserted Conan XD i'm still safe and pure

I really did think that this was a ConAi fanfic and I was like O___o WHYYY DID YOU BETRAY US, AEYRAAA? And then at the end I realized it was Mitsuhiko and then I felt dumb xD

LOL. I thought Aeyra was sick...

i def thought it was conan... but don't worry, in my mind i've completely erased those last few sentences and inserted Conan XD i'm still safe and pure

*facepalms*

How did I know that was what you were going to do...

How did I know that was what you were going to do...

cuz i'm predictable XD hahahahahahahaha, that's one reason i can't lie... i'm too predictable >///<

It is in my book! XD

Your book needs some updating...*grabs book* *scribbles* *returns book*

THE BOOK:

1. Don't fall for a guy unless he really likes you back.

2. Being evil is not a virtue.

3. Being patient is a virtue.

4. It is fun to be evil in many ways.

5. A teasing kind of evil is perfectly fine.

6. However the real type is probably not the way to go.

7. But still, being evil can be extremely fun.

8. Thus we conclude.

9. That being evil.

10. Is not all that bad.

That was pure randomness, so ignore what most if it said. But I wasn't kidding on #1.

I'm so happy I tricked everyone! XD

Heh.. You didn't trick me! I actually DID think it was Ai x Mitsuhiko! That's why I kept reading! :P But I was a little unsure too.. <_< that maybe I was just imagin things..? But I really like that couple, and I hope it'll end like that in the real DC story! :D So, one rep from me! Cuz I REALLY loved the story!

Heh.. You didn't trick me! I actually DID think it was Ai x Mitsuhiko! That's why I kept reading! :P But I was a little unsure too.. <_< that maybe I was just imagin things..? But I really like that couple, and I hope it'll end like that in the real DC story! :D So, one rep from me! Cuz I REALLY loved the story!

Thanks! (for the rep and the compliment.) Darn... I didn't trick you... But, hey, it's kind of obvious I wouldn't write ConAi in the first place, don't you cha think? (goes back to times where I've *cough* 'pointed out' how many times I hate ConAi/ShinShi.

Thanks! (for the rep and the compliment.) Darn... I didn't trick you... But, hey, it's kind of obvious I wouldn't write ConAi in the first place, don't you cha think? (goes back to times where I've *cough* 'pointed out' how many times I hate ConAi/ShinShi.

Hah.. No one can trick the mighty ME! :P But, no problem! And yeah, you would NEVER write a ConAi, right? *takes out knife* Hmm?

well, even tho i knew you would never write a conai, as long as you didn't write the name of the guy, i didn't mind reading it cuz i could imagine it was conai XD

well, even tho i knew you would never write a conai, as long as you didn't write the name of the guy, i didn't mind reading it cuz i could imagine it was conai XD

I didn't write a name to add suspense and mystery and surprise... If it was ConAi, it would be way too boring.

What if it was a two line story? Then would you be bored?

as long as its obvious its conai, nope <3

it could be

"Conan wrapped his arm around Ai's shoulders and whispered, 'I love you.'

Ai smiled slightly, and whispered in reply, 'You took the words right out of my mouth.'"

i would be happy with that XD