Detective Conan World
tengaku squared

Korean Classroom

Ahhhhh I'm sorry. I've sudden'y got too much work and I ended up with inactivity in most sites here and there. also, I have to find my flash drive too, where I have the file I was working on... if I can't find it, I'll restart it...

I'm actually studying Korean myself... even though I speak Korean, I'm not very fluent. I just go by the flow and based on what I hear in conversation. Reading and 2nd Grade Korean is pretty much my Korean level. So my weak point is grammar usage and phrase endings thingy.

So I'm working on grammar right now. I have Korean study books piled up and I'm going through them as I find little bit of time. It's eating up my post-its since I'm putting notes on them.

What I would recommend for now is just go through the chart thing. It's easy to learn how to read Korean without the special exceptions where some words sound different from it looks, but I'll get to that since it's part of grammar.

so,... yea...

Very first thing I want you to do is to be familiar with the words and how they sound like. I know there are a lot, 14 consonants and 10 vowels + combined sounds, but it's just about the same as learning Japanese Kana. If you can read, that is awesome.... ummm...

probably I'll find time around late December...

Woa! Korean classroom? can I join?? I already can read those(hangul), but I can't understand the words O.o

Yes, and being able to do that puts you above about 80% of us here. That's good. Can you speak, hear, and write?

I see Anti's done pretty much all the work for me. I'll chip in now and then, but you're doing a fantastic job.

Thanks! ;;; the thing is,,, I'm actually studying Korean myself. I'm literally holding Korean text book from time-to-time re-learning grammar...;;;

I... actually forgot Korean until I realized it 2 years ago when I tried to take SAT 2 Korean w/ Listening test.

It was pretty big shock. What my goal was, I'm going to tackle Korean on summer (hopefully)

not winter because time is too short... Spring semester is starting earlier than I expected...

Woa! Korean classroom? can I join?? I already can read those(hangul), but I can't understand the words O.o

Yes, this is Korean Classroom~~ and you are definitely welcome~~!

If you are okay, may ask about your background in Korean? reading hangeul must have meant either good amount of studying/effort or have family/friend relation... owo I'm korean myself... though, I came to US like 10 years ago...

anyways, since Moho agreed as well,...

...if you can read it, that'll make it really easy. It's like skipping a grade! LOL.

since you said you can't understand the words,... I'm assuming you can't speak and hear. But I think you should be able to write if you can read them.

I'm not sure when Moho is starting to add more, but I'm gonna have to wait until my spring semester classes ends...;;;

Well this is pretty much dead and buried 12 feet under, I can read and write Hangul (still get confused on U and O (the capital t like wordies that are flipped respectively) but yeah I'll only get better if I read more).

Could use lessons 25 and onward since I basically guessed the use of some words (the O one that makes a 'ng' sound as in Dong Bang or Bangtan and is used for nothing if the word begins with a vowel).