Posts posted by Balthazar Manfredie
On 12/5/2020 at 6:53 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:
Apologies for the double post.
1,066 spoilers now out—open the spoiler tab at your own risk, major spoilers inbound.
Translations courtesy of Mera, Emma NY and Kemo (the latter translated info from Arabic site ConanGate).
***6 WEEKS BREAK CONFIRMED***
***Wakita is RUM***
The TL is
"Vermouth showed a photo of Camel to Korn
And at the end of the chapter, the cook (Wakita) appeared without his fake mustache and teeth"
- “wakita came out from a black car,
gins grenade was shot by akai”
- “wakita has a reminiscence panel”
- wakita before disguise: bald
- wakita reminiscence panel looks like dai moroboshi
- wakita reminiscence panel: camel and akai and someone else
- wakita was a shadow in the beginning
- korn flashback: camel and young akai photos
- “the garage old man was in the flashback too, it’s from a third person view”
- “camel shaved his head?”
- it’s a buzzcut
- wakitas ride with two men in black with sunglasses
- “they look like foreigners”
- “camel fell into the ocean”
- “and then gin wanted to get the grenade,
akai shot it after gin threw the grenade,
kirs hat was shot and fell off her head”
- “all shot by akai”
- “wakita has a few panels, but at first he was a shadow”
- "Yukiko Shaved Camel's Hair"
- “mentioned the hat, the hat prob saved his life”
- “conan and akai went straight to home after the job is done”
- wakitas left eye is white
- “camel not hurt”
- and before that was “camel told conan what he heard” (from chianti and vodka’s convo)
- “(camel)got hurt was fake, there was a blood pack on his chest)
- “FBI laughing , camel blushing”
- “camel has thick paper stick to his back, super thick like two dictionaries”
- “the final result of this battle: black side leaked important information about rum, red side gave camel a new haircut”
- “the photo in korns flashback was given to him by rum two years ago,
rum is wakita, it’s confirmed,
gin got a call from rum, and it was wakita who called”
- The Cover is Conan behind Subaru in Akai's Persona
- Camel falls into the ocean in front of the Organization
- Gin tries to use a grenade for a detonation within water
- Akai shoots and hits the grenade directly after Gin throws it
- Akai fires a warning shot between Gin's Legs
- Akai hits Kir's hat and it falls off
- All the BO agents duck/crouch
- The fire department's boats get to the scene and put out the fire
- The Organization takes their loss back on boat
- We see Wakita put on fake hair (originally bald), fake teeth and mustache while accompanied by a body guard and driver.
- Wakita is extremely rich and his car is a Rolls Royce
- All his orders so far have been in the car while he was heading to the restaurant
- Wakita ordered Gin to capture Camel alive, Gin failed"
- Gosho's first drawing of RUM in the file is as a silhouette without detail to the left eye
- Gin angrily grabs the phone Vermouth presents with Camel's picture and shove it in front of Korn who recognizes the Man from the picture RUM sent him 2 years ago.
- Camel was carrying the Copy Machine behind his back, and Chianti shot at it from behind, From the front, the penlight was placed sideways so Akai could get a good shot
- Last page, RUM exits his car and heads for the restaurant after he disguises as Wakita, and he looks at MOURI DETECTIVE AGENCY
Spoiler pic translations:
Rum: That’s so nostalgic....
Chianti: Why did Rum send you a photo?
Korn: I... was watching the warehouse where the appointment took place, but the appointment was canceled, and after that, Rum sent me a message with a photo... saying: Shoot Rye and this FBI agent to death as soon as you see them...“
Rum: But the killing of the man who the FBI desperately protected is worthy of Evaluation. I wanted to catch him alive so I can ask him more...
(Flashback, File 607, Page 9)
Camel: It’s dangerous here, don’t stay!
We can expect 1,067 spoilers around January 15th.
1,066 spoiler pics (again, major spoilers, so don't click the link unless you're prepared):
made sense but the throwback was nice
are things finally moving to an end
1 minute ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:
My opinion on the series is nowhere near as harsh as some—after all, I'm still invested in the characters and what's going to happen, even after all this slow pacing.
Well, the pacing is self-explanatory. The Bourbon arc took nearly seven years to complete, and it seems the Rum arc is going to beat even it out, in terms of length. Look at Kir—her appearance in this case is her first appearance since August 2009 (File 704).
As for the narrative, it suffers due to the pacing—the longer it takes between BO cases, it decreases focus and leaves the readers languishing. What was once a more tight and compact narrative has been diffused and spread out more and more as Shinichi/Conan has found himself facing problems caused by people who should be his allies against the BO (Rei/Bourbon for the Bourbon arc, and Mary for the Rum arc). It leaves fans wondering if Shinichi/Conan and the BO are actually going to face off against each other, and even if there is going to be impact and/or resolution with even these longed-for BO cases.
Well, once the series is over, at least we can start giving out series read/watch order guides so newcomers can have a better experience without the years of uncertainty and lag.
amen to that
any news when it will end
1 hour ago, LaJota said:
What you mean with "narrative and pacing"? Can u give some examples? I agree with you with the direction the series took after Kir introduction.
you are a really old memberOn 10/22/2020 at 12:42 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:
The quality, huh?
The longer delays between files is better than Goshō making his health worse, but if you've got issues with the quality, I can't help you with that.
I wish I could just ask Goshō questions about narrative, pacing, etc., so veteran fans (who don't approve of the direction this series has taken this past decade) could at least have an answer as to why he's executed things like this (that isn't a generic answer like, "he's lazy because success and money", because an answer like that just isn't interesting to me).
i wish gosho well, but he dragged this thing for way too long
i give naruto proops for knowing its way
dc should have known as well
On 10/19/2020 at 5:07 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:
Hey, welcome back.
Indeed, things haven't changed much.
i come sometimes
shame that the monga has fallen from grace
why so many breaks
On 6/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Metantei Kiddo said:
Mine's the opposite I think. I feel like the reason why I feel so down all the time is due to me not just focusing on my self for now.
Maybe...? Lol but hey. How's it going?
@Kirsch Hey how's it going? Long time no see!
OMM: Ahhh... hope I'm overthinking but my fear of abandonment is kicking in again. Are you just really sick as you're saying?
i manage broski
On 6/10/2020 at 6:26 AM, Kirsch said:
Kitty Paw pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject, but wow.
Over the years, I've popped back in a couple of times just to see how the forum's doing. I don't think anybody's particularly proud of their early-teen years, but I had a lot of fun on here. DCW was always a cozy place to be. Like others have said, it's kind of sad to see how slow the traffic is nowadays, but it happens. I just hope our overlord (hello Maurice!) knows that we love our little corner of the world. Servers don't last forever and I'm sure the costs add up, but it's always nice to know my emo Dear Anonymous are currently still preserved on the interwebs!
OMM: @Raki just caught up to all the DC manga today. And now she's updating me on spoilers. Goshoooooooooo
11 hours ago, Ryo said:
I missed you bro
love you too
On 6/5/2020 at 9:54 PM, Metantei Kiddo said:
God... I've just been feeling empty as of late. Never felt this before. I dunno why.
cause you missed me
the first 5 ate in my top 6
but all are great and by a split hair better
On 4/10/2020 at 5:12 AM, DCUniverseAficionado said:
Hey, there. Been a while.
Well, this is what happens when yearly file/case output literally drops by half—and in spite of the Akai, Miyano and Morofushi info we've gotten since 2018 (and longer cases in general), Gosho seems to be in no rush to have the big arc confrontation case, so here we are. Volume 100 (Files 1,059–1,069) is not far off, but who knows how many more volumes will come after that.
Suffice to say, once DC's all said and done, newcomers will be able to avoid any potential pacing pitfalls (provided they have a filler guide, of course).
thanks for the update
wish i could have contributed
but i gave up on DC
this still is going on
wth is going on
To the moderators
Posted · Report reply
i wouldn't mind being one
just what would i have to do?