Chekhov MacGuffin

That Amuro guy

What to do with Amuro's article  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Article name?

2. 2. Filler question

• I didn't get a poll error while trying to revote
    • I did get an error when I tried to revote

Well, new file is now out, maybe we can try updating some information.

Btw, after reading the latest file, it actually turns out that working as a waiter is really Amuro's part-time job (or one of them perhaps), and he told the wife to choose that restaurant because he works there. So I don't think that Tooru "poses" as a waiter at all (the very first line of that Wiki page). At least that's how DCTP translated it.

I was asked this question by Balthazar, but I'll post it here.

I picked Tohru because that is how AnimeNewsNetwork and a few other big websites romanize the name of the voice actor Tohru Furuya. It's a nod to Amuro's name origin.

Also I mainspaced the article because manga spoilers indicated he was likely going to have an important role:

At the minimum he has become a part time worker at Poirot. He has also started as Mouri's apprentice.

# Tooru Amuro (5 votes [35.71%])

# Toru Amuro (3 votes [21.43%] - View)

# Voted Tohru Amuro (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

# Tōru Amuro (0 votes [0.00%])

Alright. The vote tally was close, so we are going to do a runoff between the most popular options, Tohru and Tooru.

To revote, delete your vote and vote again.

Tooru. Tohru is the name of that annoying character from Fruits Basket. :P And Amuro is cooler than that. :3 I wonder what his role will be. (though I find him pointless... Okay, first, we'll put in a high school detective, make her suspicious, and then she'll disappear and I'll put in another detective! <- ... Could we finish Sera first?)

Just a random question: In case Amuro is really Scar Akai and Bourbon (whose own articles have already existed), what should we do about that ?

I was thinking about that. I think the final situation will look a little bit like how Shinichi and Conan have separate articles despite being the same person. I think merging some of the content into one of the articles so that it becomes the main article**** would be smart, but instead of making plain redirects of the other two articles that are left (Scar Akai, Bourbon, or Amuro) have those be landing pages that provide a brief outline of what happened with that disguise. Regarding character appearances, it would be easiest to treat all three "as separate characters" except for the main page which have the other two appearances included.

****Which article will have most of the info depends on if Amuro Tohru is the guy's real name or if there are any doubts in which case Bourbon would be the main article name.

I am planning a similar strategy for Okiya. Okiya Subaru will be a page about Akai's Okiya disguise and what happened while Akai was using it. I think it makes sense, and is easiest to treat Okiya as a separate character (and picture) from Akai with regards to episode appearances. (Think of how Vermouth's Araide disguise was dealt with)