|Date of birth:||January 26, 1951 (72 years old)|
|Place of birth:||Adachi City, Tokyo, Japan|
Yoshio Urasawa (浦沢 義雄 Urasawa Yoshio), born 21 January 1951, is a renowned Japanese screenplay writer Tokyo. He is known from his comical scenarios.
In his early life, he studied under screenwriter Atsushi Yamatoya and Seijun Suzuki. He debuted in 1979 from the 68th episode of anime Lupin the Third: Season 3. He also showed his ability of writing comedy from 1981 to 1993, which he participated in the production of the entire Toei Fushigi Comedy Series as the role of screenplay. From 1993 onwards, he was in charge of the anime Nintama Rantarō, and is regarded as one of his representative works.
His contributions in Detective Conan is rather rebuttable, due to the story style of his works, that consist mostly of comedies. However, several cases written by him reflect certain social status and issues, which can be considered as Shakai Detective Fiction (社会派推理).
Number of case scenarios written: 9 (9 episodes)
- The Tokyo Barls Collection (Episode 943)
- The Secret of the Insect Man (Episode 955)
- Follow Them! Detective Taxi (Episode 976)
- Intrigue at Smile Village (Episode 997)
- The Idol Whose Smile Disappeared (Episode 1010)
- Ballad of the Woman Who Loved Cake (Episode 1028)
- Bad Guys (Episode 1057)
- The Shopping Center in Love (Episode 1067)
- The Genius Restaurant (Episode 1089)
|Tango Hohoemi||"Smile Village" Chief Director|
|Waltz Hohoemi||"Smile Village" Administration Manager|
|Kayoko Kakurai||Idol, a member of DDPP|
|Cutie Mimi||GGP female wrestler|
|Jurakudai||"Restaurant Jurakudai" chef-owner|
Other notable works
- Digimon (18 episodes): Screenplay
- Powerpuff Girls (18 episodes): Screenplay
- Crayon Shin-Chan (Movie 21): Screenplay
- Hello Kitty: Series composition
- Kamen Rider (Live-action 3D movie): Screenplay
- Lupin III (4 episodes + 1 movie): Screenplay
- Ranma ½ (4 episodes): Screenplay
- Many other animes including Nintama Rantaro, Blue Dragon, and Osomatsu-kun...