The Shinkansen Transport Case (新幹線護送事件 Shinkansen Gosō Jiken) is the 240th and 241st episode of Detective Conan anime.
While traveling home on the Shinkansen from Osaka, Conan, Ran, and Kogoro ran into Officers Sato and Takagi, who were transporting a criminal. Later, a bomb was found on the train which Officer Sato went to investigate. At that time, while she was in the bathroom with it, Officer Takagi had to take the criminal to the bathroom. And then, he apparently committed suicide but...
|Cause of death:
||Stab wound on Stomach
||Tatsuro Iwakuni, Norio Tokuyama, and Akira Akashi
|After the Tōkaidō Shinkansen exit from Shin-Tanna Tunnel, Tagaki calls Sato to see but Senzo is stabbed on stomach dead.
At the beginning of the episode, Conan is talking to Ran through his Earring Cellphone posing as Shinichi however, he is doing it without using his Voice-Changing Bowtie so he should have Conan voice and not Shinichi's one.
- Ray Curtis' name, the soccer player from the last episode, appears in the newspaper that Kogoro is reading.
- The Shinkansen in this episode is Tōkaidō Shinkansen JR Central 700 series 16-car sets.
- Wataru Takagi has done a large number of voices including Den'emon Shinkai, Crimson Rubeus, and Eikichi Onizuka, not to mention both: Genta Kojima and Detective Takagi from this show.
- In fact, Wateru Takagi, who plays a detective with his own voice, happens to be from the Chiba Prefecture, which is interesting , when the character is from the Tokyo Prefecture.
- This is the first case with a major error, which is mentioned in error.
- This case began shortly after the Ray Curtis case was over, however there are at least two different newspapers about the Ray Curtis Case, printed at two different times of the case, such as interrogated, and then arrested.
- This is the first case that showed Ran with a cellphone, however when Conan called using his earring cellphone, as Shinichi, it was an unlisted number.
- This is the first mention of Yumi Miyamoto since Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story, exactly 94 episodes earlier, however she is still little more of a matchmaking character in this case, however she did appear a few times in this case.
- This is the first case with an actual prisoner escort on a train.
- Shinkansen, colloquially known in English as the bullet train, is a network of high-speed railway lines in Japan.
- The original Tokaido Shinkansen, connecting Tokyo, Nagoya and Osaka, three of Japan's largest cities, is one of the world's busiest high-speed rail lines.
- This is Miwako Sato's first time to see "Sleeping Kogoro," and began fiddling with his mouth, during Conan's deduction, so he had to mess with his own mouth, so that it would be believable that Kogoro is talking, until she stops messing with his mouth.
- This is the case that Sato told Yumi that she is older than her, although they are both 28 years of old, although Sato was born in April. This would make Yumi's birth month, somewhere between May to March.
- This is the fourth case of the Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story (series), however it is the first hidden one, by not having the Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story in the subtitle.
In other languages
| Catalan (Catalan dub)
||El cas del trasllat
||The transfer case
| Catalan (Valencian dub)
||Incident al tren bala
||Incident in the bullet train
||O caso do traslado en tren bala
||The case of a transfer in the bullet train
||Mord im Shinkansen
||Murder in the Shinkansen
||Assassinio sul treno
||Murder on the Train
| Spanish (Castilian dub)
||El escoltado en el Shinkansen
||The escorted in the Shinkansen
| Spanish (American dub)
||Escoltas en el tren Shinkansen
||Body guards in Shinkansen train
||Take a suspect into custody in a shinkansen Case
||Vụ án trên chuyến tàu Shinkansen
||The Shinkansen Train Case