Detective Conan World
Kazu

A French fan

Hi Everybody. Let me introduce myself.

My name is Kazu. I'm a french Detective Conan fan living in Osaka in Japan.

I'm living in Japan for my job for 7 years now.

I'm involved in DC fandom for 9 years now but I started to read DC in (about) 1998.

I own a french DC website which name is NANIWA and I also wrote some fanfictions with my favorite characters.

When I was an university student I draw some DC pictures but I'm not really good at drawing so I never continued it.

My favorite characters in DC are Heiji and Kazuha.

As you will see in my future posts I don't like the characters of Hakuba and Haibara Ai. But it's mainly because I don't like their personality.

I'm shipping HeiWa but I like all normal/official couplings.

I have a big interest in the DC romance in general.

And even if I don't like non official couplings and BL, I wrote several articles on my site about the different romance shippings in the serie.

I would be glad to exchange different points of view about DC. I'm not interested in flooding.

Some of you may have sometimes seen me on other forums. But I'm not very active on english spoken website because it takes a lot of time for me to answer in english... and sometimes I can't really explain what I mean.

Well, I think that's all. I'll answer you if you have any question.

• Upvote 2

I've seen worse English from NATIVE speakers th_095_.gif. Don't worry, yours is fine :P quoted from CC. Your English is good! Excellent 088.gif! I think it's even better than mine sillyp1.gif~

Umm, your intro is excellent <3 014.gif. Loved it! And I enjoyed reading f529a952.gif~

May you give us the URL of your website please? I would like to read it by using Google translator th_089_02.gif.

Oh, I forgot th_093.gif...

...welcome to DCW <3 miss-bone-248.gif!

Thank you so much. I didn't know if I could give any link in my introduction thread. It's sometimes forbidden to talk about another DC site on some other forums, so... But you can find my website link on my profile page.

Anyway, my most interesting articles are on that page:

http://naniwa.e-monsite.com/ (FRENCH ONLY)

I don't know if you'll understand something with google translators but good luck.

I've never tried it on an english page. I tried it once to help me with a japanese site but it didn't help me at all T__T

Don't worry, it's not forbidden here (as far as I know -> I've seen lot of members doing it) :P

And about Google translator, I think they (French & English) would do better than translation from Japanese to X. both English and French are from Europe so... I think they would make more much sense (from translating things to Japanese).

Talk to you soon! :D

PS. I checked your website and read some of the articles and I thought they were awesome! I'll go and see it again when I have time :P.

Salut Kazu!

Bienvenue à DCW! :D

Il y a vraiment des gens de tous les horizons qui viennent ici, donc tu n'auras pas de mal à te sentir comme chez toi! :)

Et faut pas t'inquiéter, ton anglais est vraiment bon! Les gens n'auront aucun mal à te comprendre.

I believe I've come across your site a while back. Very informative with tons of nice articles. When did you create it btw? (there's so much information in it)

If you have any questions or anything, don't hesitate to ask (in English or French :P).

P.S: How's living in Japan btw? And Osaka must be a pretty nice city, isn't it? (at least from what I recall in episodes featuring Heiji and Kazuha there haha).

Bienvenue à DCW, I used to take french in school, but since then has gotten really rusty haha!

My school removed french from our world language dept :sad: :cry: btw im not a fan of Hakuba either :)

Thank you every one.

[French on]

Merci pour ton accueil Maurice. Tu es quebequois?

Si je coince en anglais, je risque de te faire signe. Mais je vais tacher de ne pas abuser. (Je n'ai pas les accents quand j'ecris en francais au fait).

[French off]

Well, about my site, I started Naniwa in 2003. But I changed the design many times and I recently opened a new part of the site (the adress I gave you) dedicated to my analysis and long articles. I think there are many good DC websites on internet now but I started to create mine because there were some informations or topics I couldn't find anywhere. So I thought if I was looking for it, maybe other foreign fans would do the same. That's why I decided to start writing some topics I wanted to read about DC. At first, I created a general website. But now, I prefer to focus myself on some topics I love.

And I read the Conan Drill, but as I said, I'm not very fluent in japanese. I can read it but there is still a lot of things I don't understand. It's really easy to read a japanese text on internet with some browser's plugins like RIKAI CHAN but it's totally different with a book or a novel.

But if I can help you, please ask me. But just one thing: I won't translate long passages. It's not my job and I'm busy IRL with a lot of things. But if we can help each other on some sentences, that sounds very nice to me.

Actually my DC characters' page are written with the informations of the manga and the data books (which means mainly the Conan Drill).

Life in Japan is pretty nice but the culture is really different from occident. I have never been in the USA or Canada but if I watch an american movie or sitcom, I won't be surprised about people reactions or anything. But in Japan, a lot of things are different. I think that the way I see the characters of DC (for exemple) is pretty different from yours. I don't know if there are some other asian people on this forum but I guess their point of view of DC and of Japan may differ from mine and also from yours.

Hello and welcome to DCW :rolleyes:

Your from France, wow. I have been there fore two months and will be going again soon, I want to go to Japan too, but maybe some other time. if you do not mind me asking, when will you be going to France?

maybe we can meet, joking

Anyway, for now take care, have fun and feel free to ask me anything :grin: