Detective Conan World
Orangeburst

Whodunit

Hi everyone, I'm Vashdash and I know this isn't the place for introductions, but this thread was the only reason I registered. So, hi and nice to meet you all and I hope we get along :)

I don't mean to dismiss your deduction Detective Kudo, but if the victim wanted to accuse Hilda wouldn't he have just pointed in the direction of her house at the stair case? Instead crawling all the way to the clock? I mean if the clock was of significance (and it obviously is) then I would say that Hedwig was the murderer because not only is the hands of the clock pointed at her house but the sun sets in the west around night time (which would be 1800-2100 hour depending on the season) which is where Hedwig's house is.

//also, who designed the courtyard? why would you make the clock backwards? why!?

Hi everyone, I'm Vashdash and I know this isn't the place for introductions, but this thread was the only reason I registered. So, hi and nice to meet you all and I hope we get along :)

I don't mean to dismiss your deduction Detective Kudo, but if the victim wanted to accuse Hilda wouldn't he have just pointed in the direction of her house at the stair case? Instead crawling all the way to the clock? I mean if the clock was of significance (and it obviously is) then I would say that Hedwig was the murderer because not only is the hands of the clock pointed at her house but the sun sets in the west around night time (which would be 1800-2100 hour depending on the season) which is where Hedwig's house is.

//also, who designed the courtyard? why would you make the clock backwards? why!?

I don't think the clock was made backwards, it has to be a dying message. remember she said it rested on a pillar. So it was at an angle. 8:45 makes an arrow toward what i think would be pointing to the west, but upside down, the east. My guess is the way the houses are aligned or how the landscape was, simply pointing would not do the trick. Maybe it will reveal more than the killer but also the wepon used. Only Emy can clarify

Sorry that I've kept you waiting. Truth is that the criminal was Hedwig, It was not a premeditated crime, that's why she used the gardener's knife that was already there and that's why she didn't have an alibi. As you pointed out the clock-hands is a dying message and they point towards her mansion, since he was killed around six theres no other reason for the hands to be pointing towards 8.45. Since it was not a premeditated crime it's unlikely that the clock was moved, I only wrote that the clock was upside-down to determine what way the clock was facing, sorry if that had you confused

in the original story there was actually a joke about how Howard liked to remind visitors if they where late since you had to go through that courtyard to reach the house, but it seems that part was forgotten in the final edition, sorry^^

I don't know How many that actually read my mystery but I hope you liked it even if it was not that good. So who's next?

Mr. Jefferson, a famous mathematician, was shot in his house, which was located in the middle of nowhere. No one knows the exact time when he was killed. The only clues were a black Jaguar car(which was parked a block away from the house), blood-stained Puma shoes(found beside the car), an empty water drum(found outside the house, which has a few holes inside), a short blonde wig, a stained fireman's suit, a sticky tape(found beside his body), and a huge lady fur cloak.

Many detectives investigated that case, but never found who was the murderer. The last detective suspected these five persons, but soon gave up...and one of them is the murderer.

Mr. Charles Collins

An old friend of Mr. Jefferson. Loves all aquatic creatures. And claimed to have said that the last time he saw Mr. Jefferson was in the school where the mathematician worked...which was two days before the victim was killed.

Ms. Josephine Quimby

A young student of Mr. Jefferson, maybe one of his favorites since she was a master of mathematics. Always wears thick makeup. Always seen with her tobby cat. And said that she was shopping alone in a huge mall when she saw Mr. Jefferson driving in his car toward the way home...which was the day when Mr. Jefferson died.

Mr. Harold "Shorty" McClaw

A close friend of Mr. Jefferson, who was working with the fire department of the town.Known to be short for his age. Said that he saw Mr. Jefferson in a restaurant eating with a tall and skinny man near the school...which was the day before his death.

Mr. Tom Jones

A friend of Mr. Jefferson, expert with Math too. A rather tall and fat man. Loves cats like Ms. Josephine. And said that the last he saw Mr. Jefferson was in the school, rushing to go to his car and left even before Mr. Jones can run toward him...which was the day of the death in the morning.

Mrs. Suzanne Taylor

An old friend of Mr. Jefferson. Tall and lean. Was a veterinarian. And said that she saw Mr. Jefferson driving wildly on his way home...which was the day before his death in the morning.

10 years later...

"So, do you want to take the case?" asked Yellowglow.

"Sure!" you responded.

"We are going to investigate that case along with many other slueths," Yellowglow said.

And so we arrived in that same house. You tried to find some clues, but found nothing. That same day you learned that Mr. Jefferson did not have any relatives--no son or daughter, no wife, no cousin, no brother or sister, and both parents died in a fire when he was 20.

You and the others also learned about the previous detective's suspects. You try to learn about them...

The next day you found that the shelf, which beside the body, has a stain of blood at the very bottom. It was maybe an inch small and almost had the same color with the shelf. You try to touch it...and then bottom of the shelf. You feel something!

"Hey, guys! I feel something!" you exclaimed."It's like a piece of paper or something. A tape is...uhm...holding it."

Finally, you manage to get that piece of paper. You opened it. There were letters written by blood.

DOWN O MAE CJSA TO TBON HCRE EDTSOE

You try to find more paper, and found another one. You opened it and found numbers written by blood.

4 x 7

"Good job!" Yellowglow smiled.

Now, what does this mean???

Doctor Tom Jones was the murderer

the letters DOWN O MAE CJSA TO TBON HCRE EDTSOE and 4x7 is the only thing you need.

DOWN means write the letters down ward.

4x7 is the box diagram.

so it would be

D O C T O R T

O M J O N E S

W A S T H E O

N E A B C D E

if you read it,

DOCTOR TOM JONES WAS THE ONE (ABCDE)<-- just to fil up the extra 6 space for the puzzle.

EDIT: well Mr. Tom Jones was the one, well, same person isn't it?

Edited by Anti-APTX4869
  • Upvote 1

Christian's Decision.

In a hotel room about 3 miles from the victim's home was found dead.

Shinichi carefully examined the scene before him.

The victim's body lay in front of him peacefully on the bed.

It was January 7th, 3:15 PM, the body was discovered by a hotel maid.

The man's name was Yohan, was around 17 years old, a successful scientist, a Pastor, and was soon to be married at such an early age.

Shinichi shook his head and said "So young..." He thought, "Why would he commit suicide when he was about to live a perfect life?"

Shinichi saw this as suspicious.

The only potential suspects would have to be people he trusted.

According to his coworkers and friends, he only trusted 3 people:

His sister, Judy, who was very close with the victim and who often assisted him during his sermons.

His brother, John, who owned a smaller, semi-successful business

and John's wife, Jenna.

The apparent cause of death was by injection of a type of poison.

At least his death was peaceful, Shinichi thought.

Shinichi continued to search the hotel room, when he stumbled upon a suicide note. It read:

Jan 04/2009 4:10 AM

My loved ones,

Jenna, Sis, John, I would just like to tell you how sorry I am.

Blame God for why I am to die today. Blame Him.

Seek Him if you want to know why I did leave you.

Do not mourn my death.

Please move on.

Goodbye,

-Yohan

Shinichi saw this letter as somewhat suspicious.

His last words were abrupt, almost impersonal.

Why would a Pastor blame God?

The body was taken in for medical examination.

Days later, the coroner would determine that the body died from a Perfect APTX4869 which killed instantly by destroying his internal organs.(LOL)

The coroner would also determine that the body began to destroy only a mere 3 hours before it was discovered.

Shinichi then realized that the date and time used on the note were completely false.

All 3 of those mentioned in the letter agreed the handwriting was indeed Yohan's.

Shinichi realized that the identity of the murderer was given in the suicide note.

After a thorough examination of the note, Shinichi quickly arrested the murderer.

Who was it?

• Upvote 1

This can a bit tough....

Well,every answer needs the explanations right?

Who did it, and why?

I will give you a hint.

HINT #1

What item was the most suspicious to Shinichi? Let's focus on that... Oh, and also, look at the First line of the comment(It's the title of this mystery.)

I'm going to check this later around 9PM(In Los Angeles, California) I will be busy until then. (Or maybe I will check even earlier..)

possibly the sister shes the only one not called by name in the note also helping with the sermons would have given plenty of chances to get the poison to him, and later could have made it look like it was injected

I think it was...

The sister. She was the only one who he didn't write the name. Also, she grew up with him. She would be able to forge his handwriting. She helped him at his job. He would probably tell her where he was going for a hotel if they were close. He was also a successful scientist so... Maybe he was the one who worked on the poison and created it. Then he told his sister(they were close) and she used it on him. I don't know the motivation...

I don't expect this to be right... I was kinda guessing... :D

Also... What's up with all the threes? The time was 3:15. There are three suspects. Three miles. Three days after. Three hours. Just seems strange... Is that part of the case?

I believe the murderer is

Yohan's brother, John. Well, according to his suicide note...the 'Him' here doesn't mean God. Yohan emphasizes 'Him' here meaning that John was going to kill him??? I don't know...

If it's his sister, (your title is Christian's decision) she always accompanying him during his sermons. (He's so young to become a pastor...lol.)

But I'll stick to John as being the murderer. And maybe...just maybe...John is a member of the Black Organization...LOL! I know, I getting crazy. Nothing...just random thought.

And you're really good with my whodunit. And the "Down" doesn't actually mean down. But the numbers are the answer to solve the words. 4x7 actually mean 4 words a row and 7 means there are seven rows. But I see you are smart and got the answer. Good job!

Addition-

DOWN O MAE CJSA TO TBON HCRE EDTSOE=

DOWN

OMAE

CJSA

TOTB

ONHC

REED

TSOE

i have a question was Jenna his wife or fiance? would that drug be hard to get to?

I find two things really weird, he named everyone except his sister, he called her sis. He used the word him a lot which is leading me to believe he was signifying the only male in the note, his brother which he mentions last. He is a business owner that could be going through financial trouble, he could have received loans that the victim may have wanted back, he decided to kill him or it could have been done out of pure jealousy. Here is why he said God, there are people who say when you decide to take someones life you are playing God. Do we have the right to take a life of whom we didn't create. Also he constantly uses the word Him. Why is that, this was one of the many things that struck me as strange, but i think is probably most important. There is only one male in the three(three was used repetitively)suspects. He was the least close to all of them.He was in the Hotel for a reason, possibly our culprit asked for him to visit,This had to be very premeditated in order for this to work (how else would you get your hands on that drug)Our victim grew suspicious of this and wrote a dying message, to point out our culprit, hoping someone would understand it and arrest our culprit.