Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

File 759-761: The boy who cries wolf

Conan figured the two adults are not the biological parents from a few things. The most definite are Masao's cleft chin and widow's peak. Both are dominant traits and can't be inherited from two people lacking those physical features. Also the child's nose and his eyebrows look rather different from the fake parents'. Parents wouldn't carry a misbehaving child by their coat hood either because it puts pressure on the neck. (And the squirming kid might rip the clothes if their priorities are messed up.) The fake parents sealed the deal by claiming to be the biological parents if you interpret "and your slanted eyes come from father" as a claim of biological paternity.

I assume one of the fake parents is Uemura, the prior tenant who left his job at the company suspected of tax evasion. The reason why the fake parents came back to the apartment likely had to do with the producer from Nichuri who visited two weeks ago. If the producer could get into the apartment without being accompanied by a landlord then Uemura should have still been living there two weeks ago. It was mentioned the suspect company was in the news so I assume the producer was there to interview Uemura, discuss something with him (i.e. wants a bribe to cover up Uemura's involvement), or was lured there by Uemura to be attacked.

Uemura probably was the one who attacked the producer. The producer's visit matches the timing of the accident (also two weeks ago) and the severity (an attempt to silence him). The producer's return to consciousness yesterday is what prompted Uemura and an associate to force their way back to the apartment. Holding the new residents hostage without attempting to conceal their identities and allowing themselves to be seen with the kid by other tenants don't imply much planning and consideration, which makes sense if Uemura and friend were forced to cover something up last minute because the producer woke up the day before and might talk. It is possible that some evidence of the producer's visit was left behind which would make them suspects, either a physical object (one would hope the apartment would be well cleaned between tenants), or something not so easy to remove like fingerprints or bloodstains. There is the possibility they faked the traffic accident by attacking the producer in the room then staging his body at a road.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: your deductions are amazing!!

on topic : about the DB Conan is sick so he can't help them i still don't get why they didn't call the police! they usually follow Conan's orders i am sure that they're going to get themselves in a dangerous situation (again) *sigh*

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: your deductions are amazing!!

on topic : about the DB Conan is sick so he can't help them i still don't get why they didn't call the police! they usually follow Conan's orders i am sure that they're going to get themselves in a dangerous situation (again) *sigh*

You would think Haibara of all people would have learned by now Conan is usually spot on. She was also the one who suggested going straight into the fire by visiting the room in question. If there is a possibility that one kid is being held by unfamiliar adults, more kids visiting those people would be unwise.

It's probably too soon for another Okiya rescue appearance. Ditto for Hattori as he appeared ~20 chaps ago. (Doesn't he usually come in the summer?) Assuming the bad guys grab the kids for being too nosy and take their phones, Conan will probably notice they haven't called back and assume they got in trouble. Conan will probably call for rescue, most likely the police, because he is too sick to go himself. We haven't seen Sato in a while. Or we could find out Ayumi's mom is really a 10th Dan Judo master.

You would think Haibara of all people would have learned by now Conan is usually spot on. She was also the one who suggested going straight into the fire by visiting the room in question. If there is a possibility that one kid is being held by unfamiliar adults, more kids visiting those people would be unwise.

It's probably too soon for another Okiya rescue appearance. Ditto for Hattori as he appeared ~20 chaps ago. (Doesn't he usually come in the summer?) Assuming the bad guys grab the kids for being too nosy and take their phones, Conan will probably notice they haven't called back and assume they got in trouble. Conan will probably call for rescue, most likely the police, because he is too sick to go himself. We haven't seen Sato in a while. Or we could find out Ayumi's mom is really a 10th Dan Judo master.

yeah okiya appeared in the last DB case(ugh how come gosho keeps making more DB cases) so he probably won't appear again the only problem is that Conan seems to be really sick it seems like if he doesn't wake up those kids would be in a way bigger trouble and then they would die and we won't have anymore DB cases and i would be so happy :twisted:

Here's one answer for the latest chapter. Masao grabbed and specifically ordered four cards: "Ro, Ko, Ni, Te". He then asked for "Suwako Kegani Taoru" (towel with a horsehair crab from lake suwa). Notice that the three words' last syllables end in hiragana picked by Masao. Reordering the words to match the order Masao picked and adding in the te gives:

Ta o ru

Su wa ko

Ke ga ni

Te

Reading the first hiragana of each word in order + Te at the end results in "Ta Su Ke Te" = "tasukete" = "Help me"

There may be more to the puzzle than what I figured out, and I jumped straight to the conclusion rather than try to figure out what "I can't do without that" means.

Just read file 760 recently ... What is so bad with the temperature of 37.8degree Celsius? The normal human temperature ranges from 36 to 37.5 according to my textbook, doctor and teacher..it's only .3 higher and Ran calls it a high fever? is she nuts?

No, the inner body temperature can only vary by about 3 degrees (or something close to that) from the normal range before it gets too hard for the body to cope, or that's how I understood it, correct me if I'm wrong.

And I reckon Takagi will be sent in to rescue him considering how many references have been made to him in the last two DB cases.

I know it's a fever but it is only 0.3dc hotter! Why did R

37, not 37.5, is considered standard.

37 degrees Celsius = 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit

37.5 degrees Celsius = 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit

37.8 degrees Celsius = 100.04 degrees Fahrenheit.

• Upvote 1

So apparently the next file is going to be the resolution, although I'm really wondering what's going to take up most of it. I mean, Ai will probably explain what she's figured out and then what? They'll go back in? They'll finally call Takagi-keiji? Takagi will bump into Okiya who's been sent by Conan? I'm just guessing here but surely something's got to happen other than Haibara explaining, I don't think it would take a whole file for Haibara to explain and to call Takagi-keiji; but I also think it's take more than a file for them to go back in and try and help. I don't know... :-|

• Upvote 1

I know it's a fever but it is only 0.3dc hotter! Why did R

yeah I agree he's barely even sick but isn't 37 the normal temperature but 0.8 is still not that much?

yeah I agree he's barely even sick but isn't 37 the normal temperature but 0.8 is still not that much?

37.8 taken in the mouth is generally considered a fever despite temperature variations between people. It is not a high fever, but still considered a fever by most doctors. Most school guidelines that I have seen generally say don't take your kid to school if they are running a fever of 100F or greater which works out to be about 37.8. If you are used to seeing Fahrenheit, I put the conversions above.

37.8 taken in the mouth is generally considered a fever despite temperature variations between people. It is not a high fever, but still considered a fever by most doctors. Most school guidelines that I have seen generally say don't take your kid to school if they are running a fever of 100F or greater which works out to be about 37.8. If you are used to seeing Fahrenheit, I put the conversions above.

I am used to both ;) but what I meant to say is that its not that bad and (I didn't know I had a fever until I got back from school) he suddenly passed out and he's temperature was only 0.8 higher than normal temperature but its pointless to argue about that by the way I read you're theories about okiya, Bourbon and akai there really good you're very smart :)

I am used to both ;) but what I meant to say is that its not that bad and (I didn't know I had a fever until I got back from school) he suddenly passed out

People react to sickness differently. Also, note that not everyone's normal temperature is the same. My normal temperature is 97, not 98 degrees. Anything 99 and above and I'm very, very ill.

file 761 spoiler

I like how Conan kicks the soccer ball into the face of an adult man hard enough to knock him out and Takagi's reaction is to simply look surprised. I wonder how he is going to describe the suspect apprehension in his arrest report?

file 761 spoiler

I like how Conan kicks the soccer ball into the face of an adult man hard enough to knock him out and Takagi's reaction is to simply look surprised. I wonder how he is going to describe the suspect apprehension in his arrest report?

I PUNCHED HIM REALLY, REALLY HARD, MEGURE-KEIBU ^_____________^

I'm more interested in if Takagi saw him use the the wristwatch, I think that that was what Conan used to knock the woman out, though I couldn't see his wrist though at any point in the apartment scene <_<

@Carpet Crawler + Chekhov your posts made me laugh, I so wish that would happen...

I would think he did. Will he tell on Conan? No. It was already established back in Vol.36 he knows something is up with Conan, and it wouldn't be the first time he helps out Conan. I don't think Conan even bothers with the "Uncle Kogoro told me to tell you to do this" bit anymore. Or maybe I just haven't noticed it ^^;