Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Outcast

Download Episodes Idea

:idea: Hey guys I was just thinking seeing you guys have some episodes of Detective Conan im missing ...some of youre eps where removed from megavideo ...but some are still there...[im collecting the eps.]

Why don't you guys make an archive or a torrent for people to download the episodes ...this way it helps us the collectors who want to have the episodes and it helps you guys since this way people that want to help you guys upload the episodes has where to get them from.

...anyways this is what i found and have ...its a torrent from isohunt ...it has mostly all of the eps ..but still misses quite a few ...some that weren't subbed and some that you guys might have..it also has the movies...ovas and some other stuff

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/9231 ... ab=summary

and these are the episodes that are missing from that torrent

215 - 218 miss

225 miss

228 - 229 miss

232 - 237 miss

242 - 252 miss

255 - 257 miss

260 - 262 miss

264 - 270 miss

273 - 275 miss

279 - 283 miss

289 - 290 miss

294 - 300 miss

303 miss

305 - 306 miss

312 - 313 miss

315 - 322 miss

325 - 332 miss

335 - 344 miss

346 - 355 miss

357 miss

260 miss

379 - 380 miss

384 miss

388 - 389 miss

392 - 393 miss

397 miss

403 - 405 miss

409 - 410 miss

413 - 414 miss

419 - 423 miss

427 - 428 miss

433 - 434 miss

437 miss

439 - 442 miss

461 miss

468 miss

471 miss

475 miss

480 - 483 miss

486 - 489 miss

505 - current ep

[ anyways you guys can make a new torrent..[or just add a continuation to this one]...or upload them on megaupload [or wherever]....but that would be troublesome since someone who wants a specific episode would have to download the whole archive :shock: .....anyways a torrent would be batter....]...so what do you guys think of this? :?:

It sounds nice on paper, but I'm not sure how good that idea really is. Now, I don't know how many visitors we get, because I don't have administrator access on the overall site (just a peon with a big mouth)... but torrents depend on having a decent user base. Not only that, but I have no idea how much strain a tracker would put on the server, or even if the host allows that sort of thing.

The other issue is... streaming video is one thing, but sharing may or may not be a step the administrator wants to take.

It sounds nice on paper, but I'm not sure how good that idea really is. Now, I don't know how many visitors we get, because I don't have administrator access on the overall site (just a peon with a big mouth)... but torrents depend on having a decent user base. Not only that, but I have no idea how much strain a tracker would put on the server, or even if the host allows that sort of thing.

The other issue is... streaming video is one thing, but sharing may or may not be a step the administrator wants to take.

Well the torrent needs dedicated seeders just at first but if it peeks up seeders it will be self sustaining ;)

Well it doesn't have to be on this server ..there are tons of torrent trackers ..it would just be a release for the fans from the members of this community

Well if the administrator doesn't want to that's another issue .....but I was just saying that this would help us help them [if you get what i mean :lol: ]

Hello Outcast! Welcome to the forums! :)

I appreciate your input. It does sound like an interesting idea indeed!

But like Southpaw mentioned, it wouldn't be wise to become a torrent seeder at this stage but we may consider putting a link to relevant torrent files and trackers. Just like for streaming, it would be like providing a link to an external resource. And I know many people do prefer to download episodes than watch them online (I noticed that quite a bit on http://answers.yahoo.com). But at the moment, we just don't have the resources/bandwidth to host and seed a torrent file. Not to mention that it would be quite unwise on the legal side of things: it wouldn't be cool if FUNimation decided to take action for hosting copyrighted materials -- which is the main reason we're linking to video streaming sites in the first place --> they're not hosted on our site.

To sum up, we have two points to consider here: hosting resources and legality issues.

Hello Outcast! Welcome to the forums! :)

I appreciate your input. It does sound like an interesting idea indeed!

But like Southpaw mentioned, it wouldn't be wise to become a torrent seeder at this stage but we may consider putting a link to relevant torrent files and trackers. Just like for streaming, it would be like providing a link to an external resource. And I know many people do prefer to download episodes than watch them online (I noticed that quite a bit on http://answers.yahoo.com). But at the moment, we just don't have the resources/bandwidth to host and seed a torrent file. Not to mention that it would be quite unwise on the legal side of things: it wouldn't be cool if FUNimation decided to take action for hosting copyrighted materials -- which is the main reason we're linking to video streaming sites in the first place --> they're not hosted on our site.

To sum up, we have two points to consider here: hosting resources and legality issues.

Well that's fine to from my point of view.....that would cover the legal stuff and it would be within the sites resources ;)

Ohh and..Helloo, thanks for the welcoming :lol:

ps: you could also put a megaupload/mediafire/etc. link next to every vid for who wants to download the ep...that would be another idea :roll:

ps: you could also put a megaupload/mediafire/etc. link next to every vid for who wants to download the ep...that would be another idea :roll:

That's a good idea too. I'll add it to the tasks list. Thanks. ^^