Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

[SPOILER DISCUSSION] File 936-938 Girl Band

THIS THREAD is used to discuss about SPOILERSIn other words, if you only read the English version and wish to wait for the full release instead of getting spoiled, this is NOT the right place for you!

RULES OF THE SPOILER-ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD:

1. Any kind of spoiler involving the case (pictures, texts, information, full scans...) of any language that is released before the English version must be posted HEREThe English translations of the spoilers must also be posted here.

2. Any kind of discussion involving the spoilers must be posted HERE.

3. Despite being a spoiler-only thread, EVERY spoiler and discussion involving events that have not happened in the English releases STILL has to be put inside Spoiler boxes. When the file in question is fully released in English, this is not necessary anymore.

4. NO DIRECT LINK to any Japanese scans (RAWs) or English scans (Japanese spoiler pictures are allowed as long as the amount and quality of which are very far away from a full scan, like the ones we usually have).

HOW TO USE A SPOILER BOX?

Just simply type the following:

Text you want to write

Or more manually:

Step 1: Click the "Special BBCode" icon at the upper-left side of the edit toolbar.
Untitled-1_zps5a0dae75.png

Step 2: In BBCode, select "Spoiler".
Spoiler_zpsc5764e29.jpg

Step 3: Enter the text that you want to put inside Spoiler boxes, then click OK.

Text_zps4958fb14.jpg

From the Red Thread (https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1003055096413110&id=508258949226063):

“Girl Band” SPOILERS

Thanks to Conan#1: Amuro is great at playing guitar and played once at Poirot. Sera and Amuro met face to face, Sera didn't recognize him, Amuro lied to say it's their meeting for the first time. Sera knows to play guitar a little bit, says it's her brother's friend teaches her but she forgot who is it.

More info thanks to bash7353: Characters: Conan, Ran, Sonoko, Masumi, two male Poriot customers, Azusa, Bourbon/Amuro, receptionist of the recording studio, four band members: Fugine Somega (g), Fuekawa Tagako (ba,vo), Kogure Rumi (key), and leader Yamaji Hagie (dr, first victim)

Additional decipherment on our part. As far as we can tell, this would be the girl band line-up: Ran playing the keyboard, Sonoko being the drummer and Sera handling the guitar

Needless for me to say, but I'm hyped for this case!  ^_^ 

​Rei/Tooru plays the guitar well, and so does Shuichi's/Subaru's or Shukichi's friend, who taught her... hmm...

• Upvote 2

I know I already said that about the previous case, but I still hope that Kuroda would show up, I would like to see Rei's reaction to him, however, this doesn't seem like a case that will continue the RUM investigation.

I don't know what to think about the spoilers...
I do like the fact that Amuro can play guitar well,it's kinda cool,,so at least we know something more about him.
But again we have another mystery,concerning Sera,with her mysterious brother's friend...it's a bit boring,considering that we don't even know who is her.
middle bro.
And Amuro meets Sera but says it's the first time...well I don't know what's the point of putting them in a same case,considering that now we know he isn't a bad guy. I would rather see Amuro talking to Ai or Sera/Ai interactions.
Anyway,a girls band,why not...But I really hope the Mary thing will be mentionned.

Not sure what to think about this case yet..., sounds like we have yet another mystery revolving around Sera, but the prospect of Amuro and Sera meeting face to face is somewhat interesting, since the closest they've been to meeting was at the end of Detective's Nocturne, but no interaction. They should have saw each other in that case though.

With Amuro making a return, I'm assuming something "important" will come up in this case at some point.

Not sure what to think about this case yet..., sounds like we have yet another mystery revolving around Sera, but the prospect of Amuro and Sera meeting face to face is somewhat interesting, since the closest they've been to meeting was at the end of Detective's Nocturne, but no interaction. They should have saw each other in that case though.

With Amuro making a return, I'm assuming something "important" will come up in this case at some point.

I have always wanted and thought that sera and ai would meet first

the case sounds it will be like that one with the fruits

but something important should happen

I have always wanted and thought that sera and ai would meet first

the case sounds it will be like that one with the fruits

but something important should happen

But Sera and Ai have already met and talked to each other in the Mystery Train and nothing has come out of it.

But Sera and Ai have already met and talked to each other in the Mystery Train and nothing has come out of it.

Gosho said in an interview(and he confirmed that in his new year postcard in 2015) that there will be a confrontation between Ai and Sera...So apparently it's something important(I remember Gosho said it will be the next climax,and that would be spectacular...)

Wow, goes to show you how much im out of it. Thanks for reminding me of that. But when i was writing that i was thinking on that meeting that gosho mentioned in an interview...or so i think, between the 2 of them

Gosho said in an interview(and he confirmed that in his new year postcard in 2015) that there will be a confrontation between Ai and Sera...So apparently it's something important(I remember Gosho said it will be the next climax,and that would be spectacular...)

True enough. Although, he only said "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." and nothing that it will be the next climax or anything, so who knows what their 'showdown' will be...

True enough. Although, he only said "Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." and nothing that it will be the next climax or anything, so who knows what their 'showdown' will be...

Actually he said that in an old interview(it was in 2013 or 2012 IIRC)...he mentionned that the next climax after the Bourbon arc will be Ai/Sera confrontation,and that will be spectacular...but Maybe Gosho changed his plans,I don't know...

Wow, goes to show you how much im out of it. Thanks for reminding me of that. But when i was writing that i was thinking on that meeting that gosho mentioned in an interview...or so i think, between the 2 of them

except they didn't really talk to each other, they were interrupted by Scar Akai (Vermouth) passing by the door

so their whole "confrontation" event mentioned in interviews and things hasn't happened yet. 

Gosho mentioned things like,

(Otona Fami interview 2011) 

Q:’08年の本誌インタビューで、次の山場はバーボンと仰っていましたね。

In the '08 interview with this magazine, you said that the next arc will be about Bourbon.

A:バーボン編はまだ続きますよ。それとは別の山場に世良と灰原の対決を考えてあります。これは見事ですよ。どちらも”オオカミ”ですからね(笑)。

The Bourbon arc is still continuing. Aside from that arc, I've thought about a confrontation between Sera and Haibara. This will be spectacular. Both of them are “wolves,” after all (laughs).

and the Postcard from this year (2015) was :

"Sera and Haibara both like the same person, hence their showdown/confrontation." ;

Wonder if a snake will be involved for the murder trick  B)

Anyone know what the official Japanese title for the file is?

"Girls Band" is the title of ch936 specifically 

Spimer of DCTP has done a full translation of the 2ch text spoilers

Sonoko says she wants to start a girls' band, inspired by a movie she saw last night on the TV.
Since she says it ressembles her, Sonoko's in charge of the drums and Ran's put in charge of the bass. 
Conan: "Ran - neechan's skilled at playing the piano, no?"
And so Masumi takes up the bass and Ran is placed in charge of the keyboard.
Sonoko yells that they take part in the city's entertainment contest and win it but... who'll be in charge of the guitar?
To try to solve that, they invite Azusa to take part because of her name tie. 
Azusa argues back that she's got no experience in that and she's not a "girl" anymore.
Then a male customer who happened to be there and was a bandman suddenly exclaims:
"If ya put on a uniform and train to play the guitar then it'll be a piece of a cake!" 
"I'll lend ya a guitar: piece of a cake, no? Try it out!"... Sonoko, who was fueled, is about to cry, even. (I think she finds the idea horrible.) 
Amuro suddenly picks the guitar and lightly plays a song: the male customer shuts up. (Surprised at Amuro's level of skill, that is.)
Amuro then refuses the invitation from the girls saying that he doesn't want to stand out any more but
he says he will stick along to see their reharsals: and so the group head to a rental studio.
Masumi: "Hey, ya... Haven't you and I met... somewhere before?"
Amuro: "I think that... today's the first time we've met yet..."

The rental studio's full so the group wait for a room to be freed in the waiting area: about an hour passes.
Turns out that Sonoko's only experience with drums is a game named "Drum Master".
Masumi can at least play the Do-Re-Mi as she was taught by a friend of her brother yet
she doesn't remember having said that it was a man... Amuro...? (Maybe she's asking Amuro why he said that the friend was a man?) 

Another girl band who was there is taking a break.
It is an all somewhere incronigous, and Someka (one of the members) lets out her annoyance in the other 3 members.
Hagie, another member, says she wants to have a light nap and so goes back to the studio.
They're about to have a memorial live in memory of a dead member, and Somehana is impertinent in that they must make it be a successs no matter what.
Yuiko (yet another member) keeps Someka's jacket because she wants to fix one of Someka's clothes' buttons yet
Someka has to re-do her guitar's strings so she stands her ground that she (Yuiko) must wake up Hagie.
Rumi (the 4th member) looks like she wants to rework a part of the song so she can't go wake up Hagie.

(In short: the member girls are named Someka, Hagie, Yuiko and Rumi. And there was a 5th member who's already dead).

Sonoko & co., in the meanwhile, want to use a Okino Yoko CD song as cover song yet they don't know who'll do the vocals.
Sonoko herself argues that she can't do the drums and the vocals at the same time and Masumi passes as well.
"Should we rather ring up Shinichi?", one (or both, not specified) of them suggest. But then Ran remembers that Shinichi's tone deaf.
A scream rings out from somewhere in the studio all of a sudden.
Conan, Amuro and Masumi rush over there but find Hagie dead with strangulation marks.
They check the security camera footage but about half of the screen is blocked by a phone with a selfie stick attached to it.
In these conditions they can't tell who did what.

A murder making use of a blind spot...?

The selfie stick... it returns  :P

I'm hoping that whatever past shenanigans going on here will get resolved by the end of the case. That'd probably be hoping for too much though. I suppose it's only natural that Amuro and Sera's first interaction be subversive, though it does seem a little ironic...

• Upvote 1

1) Could it be that the one who taught Sera was Bourbon?

2) Why should we even bother thinking about the meeting of Bourbon and Sera? I really hope Conan and Bourbon get a chat-in-secrecy moment.

3) I don't understand one thing at all, is Bourbon an ally or an enemy? Or maybe neither, and just an enemy of the enemy? I mean he lives so close to Conan yet Conan isn't scared of him, like he could easily kidnap Conan and bring out Akai if he were a bad guy :P If he is an ally, why doesn't Akai meet him face to face? To hide where he lives? It doesn't even seem like Bourbon is trying to find Akai.

I understand that Gosho wants to keep Bourbon matters in status quo, but still this plot seems to make little sense IMO.

I don't understand one thing at all, is Bourbon an ally or an enemy? Or maybe neither, and just an enemy of the enemy? I mean he lives so close to Conan yet Conan isn't scared of him, like he could easily kidnap Conan and bring out Akai if he were a bad guy :P If he is an ally, why doesn't Akai meet him face to face? To hide where he lives? It doesn't even seem like Bourbon is trying to find Akai.

I understand that Gosho wants to keep Bourbon matters in status quo, but still this plot seems to make little sense IMO.

Rei/Tooru is PSB/PSIA ("an enemy of the bad guys," as Shinichi/Conan puts it, and "like we (the FBI) are, they're (the PSB/PSIA) wolves trying to sink their teeth into them (the Organization)," as Shuichi puts it), and seemed to relent on the extremes after Scarlet Showdown. We don't know, as of yet—as he hasn't appeared in a year and a half, in the manga, hence why we still know so little—what the status of his suspicions about Subaru Okiya are. Of course Shuichi/Subaru wouldn't want to meet him—Rei's/Tooru's grudge is still there—and why would he when Shinichi/Conan can make some inquiries?

Could it be that the one who taught Sera was Bourbon?

If that was the case, he'd have to be Shukichi's (the Akai family's middle brother's) friend—Rei/Tooru being Shuichi's friend before they encountered each other in the BO... you'd think them being friends and knowing each other would enable them to recognize what each of them was doing (they just suspected each other, according to their conversation in File 897/Episode 783—they didn't know if it was absolutely true or who they'd each be infiltrating for), and ultimately avoid the death of Scotch.

Why should we even bother thinking about the meeting of Bourbon and Sera? 

Because it's 136 Files overdue—it's been wondered about since December 2011, and File 800, when Rei/Tooru clearly recognized Masumi, and in File 801, which revealed that they hadn't interacted. It addresses the Akai family's past, as well as Rei's/Tooru's.

• Upvote 1

If Amuro is in fact Sera's brother's friend, then I think she only saw him when she was a kid, because it'd be weird if she has seen him not too long ago and doesn't recognize him. I think he's Shuukichi's high school friend.

After reading the translations for page 8, it seems it might not be Amuro, cause Sera said she can more or less remember the face of her brother's friend, and she would probably be able to tell it's Amuro, but since Amuro knew it was a guy, and is even asking that question, I think it's probably Scotch, but I don't think he was Shuichi's friend so it's probably Shuukichi's friend.

After reading the translations for page 8, it seems it might not be Amuro, cause Sera said she can more or less remember the face of her brother's friend, and she would probably be able to tell it's Amuro, but since Amuro knew it was a guy, and is even asking that question, I think it's probably Scotch, but I don't think he was Shuichi's friend so it's probably Shuukichi's friend.

im gonna go with a crazy one and say that the friend is Date Wataru

is it me or are the killers in DC mostly female

Well, in the last nine cases, there were 6 male culprits and 3 female culprits, so I'd say it's rather balanced.

Well, in the last nine cases, there were 6 male culprits and 3 female culprits, so I'd say it's rather balanced.

Thanks for that stat

you know, i might just do that research overall

from the first case till this one to see how much is much, AO included