Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
al-mousawi

Why didn't Jodie and the FBI do something after learning who's Vermouth

In Episode 227: The Battle Game Trap (Part 2), Jodie says at the end talking in the phone that she found one of the targets who has changed his/her identity and is now going to school, and said to call her "Rotten Apple" for now. She's clearly talking about Vermouth who changed her identity to Dr. Araide, Ran's school doctor. Why she didn't do anything after that, like setting a trap to capture her or something, or am I missing something?

Read ..

The FBI did try to capture Vermouth later on, with no success as she escaped and led a BO agent to commit suicide after Shuu incapacitated him. Which made her hated by other BO members. And she escaped with Conan as a hostage which lead to Conan finding out the Seven Children key melody of the BO's Anokata phone number. Since then Vermouth is in hiding and made a couple more attempts of crimes but with no success and her capture is yet to happen.

Read ..

The FBI did try to capture Vermouth later on, with no success as she escaped and led a BO agent to commit suicide after Shuu incapacitated him. Which made her hated by other BO members. And she escaped with Conan as a hostage which lead to Conan finding out the Seven Children key melody of the BO's Anokata phone number. Since then Vermouth is in hiding and made a couple more attempts of crimes but with no success and her capture is yet to happen.

So they waited that long to set her a trap? It's kinda strange, why didn't they capture her way sooner.

I mean, she was sitting in the same bus with 2 top FBI agents in The Mysterious Passenger episodes.

So they waited that long to set her a trap? It's kinda strange, why didn't they capture her way sooner.

I mean, she was sitting in the same bus with 2 top FBI agents in The Mysterious Passenger episodes.

That's because they were waiting for a chance to capture her red handed, and they also were planning for the ambush. They did try many times to trap her but they were never successful. Such is the case when in Shinichi in New York case FBI agent Shuuichi tried to capture Vermouth who was masquerading as a serial killer but she got away..

• Upvote 1

I've thought about that too actually. Rather than them not being able to catch her (They're the FBI for god's sake, I think they can manage to catch a person with the amount of time and facts they have), I think they benefit from her being an active member with a known activity. Maybe use her as the little piece to slowly break the whole chain, rather than just capture her and put the B.O. on their guard and give them a reason to try and become stronger. Or maybe Vermouth is just not the person that we think she is...maybe she's on another side in reality and is a spy B.O. member...or maybe James the FBI leader is the big B.O. boss and he does not want to do that because she's his favourite.....lol theories are getting crazy here but it is really excitng that the good guys can do something about the bad guy but still don't take action... it adds to the mysterious profile of the series.

• Upvote 1