Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Su1cidalduck

Why can't Conan tell Ran about him being Shinichi?

Whilst I understand the whole keep his identity secret so that he (and everyone else) is protected from the BO so that they still think Shinichi is dead, Ran (and everyone else) still thinks Shinichi is alive and he has appeared several times so surely there's no point for Conan to keep his secret because its not keeping the fact that he's still alive a secret from the BO.

Sorry if its a really dumb question or been asked before, I'm relatively new to these forums but was just wondering if anyone had an answer or could see what I was misunderstanding.

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks for all the replies guys, I really appreciate it :)

yeah everybody asks that, Conan is scared that if he tells her, she will treat him differently and she will carelessly call him by his real name. he is also unsure of how she will react when he tells her, because he is scared if Ran will hate him. 

• Upvote 1

He's already done so many things (sleeping with Ran, taking a bath with her etc.), so he's half-afraid of her karate (I guess). And the fact that his identity would be spilled and the BO would be on his track again.

• Upvote 2

He's already done so many things (sleeping with Ran, taking a bath wit her etc.), so he's half-afraid of her karate (I guess). And the fact that his identity would be spilled and the BO would be on his track again.

In addition to all those reasons, no matter the circumstances... Shinchi lied to her!

• Upvote 1

Heehee, it would be REALLY bad once she finds out about him being Conan all along, especially after the bath scenes. XD

If it were me, I'd want to try my best to keep my friends/more than friends safe, so lying for their protection's not a big problem. And even if certain people know he's alive, they're usually people who would say less things knowing he's alive than dead (i.e. Ran would be crying and telling people to find his body, etc, and would most likely find out through the grief). Since he does turn back once in a while, he needs a way to explain it (can't be there if you're dead) and he always tells the police to keep him out of the media. Plus, Haibara is always reminding him to NOT tell Ran.

The only problem to this is that although morally, it's fine to lie if the alternative is the possibility of their death (in my opinion), Shinichi is so racked up about truth, it's almost OOC. So maybe it's important for the plot to go on? :/

• Upvote 1

He's already done so many things (sleeping with Ran, taking a bath with her etc.), so he's half-afraid of her karate (I guess). And the fact that his identity would be spilled and the BO would be on his track again.

Which episode is the one when they sleep together and take a bath??? (((u perv!

Frankly, the reasons he has for keeping her in the dark don't hold up all that well.

1. Fear of Ran blowing his cover: Conan is risking his cover being blown by all of those times he's helped to solve a murder as Conan, and not through someone like Kogoro, Sonoko or Agasa.

And of course, Heiji's tendency to call him Kudo should easily compromise that.  Yet nothing has come of it.

2. Trying to protect her: Unless anyone can point out where Gin and Vodka display any honor, then Shinichi's reasoning fails.

If they were to find out who Conan is, I think the fact that Ran and Kogoro harbor him (as well as being well acquainted with Shinichi) would prompt them to just kill the two, rather than being nice enough to see if they know anything.

He doesn't want her to be involved, its too dangerous. Not to mention she'll start treating him differently and people will notice, especially the smart BO members. And obviously it's still a secret from BO, why do you say its not ? Your 2nd half of the paragraph didn't make sense.

Not just Ran, I'm sure even if it was Haibara instead of Ran, he wouldn't involve her because there's no special way she can help that would be worth the danger.