Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 38 -- "Greed" by KNOCK OUT MONKEY

It has been announced that the new opening for Detective Conan is titled "Greed" and will be performed by KNOCK OUT MONKEY.  It will first air with episode 744 "The Rainy Bowling Alley (Part 1)" on June 28th.

Edited by Akazora
  • Upvote 1

Hello, this is not true, we know the date of his first broadcast. It will be broadcast Saturday, June 28 during the 744 episode "The Rainy Bowling Alley (Part 1)" :)

Videos already uploaded on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G66obh471oE

It's okay, but yeah, a few comments :

First, where is Conan shooting? Second, why are the characters nowdays running to a tree? It doesn't make sense. Lastly, Conan, Ran, Sonoko and Sera running together, please animators, we don't want DC be a harem and weird like, difference in height. And all the other clips were mostly pictures, making the OP completely useless.

I can't believe this turned out after Butterfly Core. It was already well-done. 

Well, if I have to give a rating, I'll give 4/10.

I expected a darker song considering the title.  Well, there were Black Org scenes at least, which I always like.  I swear though, this is like the 20th opening or ending with all the 100% good guys running through a grassy field and the 10th opening or ending with their destination being a tree.  There were also a lot of really lazy animations.  In fact, apart from the running and the skateboarding, everything else was pretty much just pictures with special effects.  The opening itself felt kind of fragmented, especially with Conan shooting at nothing and a bunch of other scenes that were drawn out and extended for the sake of filling up a minute and a half of "animation."  Considering there are rather massive gaps between openings now, I'd expected for there to be more effort put into these.  Ever since "tear drops" (the disaster that was opening 30), the animations have been on a downward spiral. 

• Upvote 2