Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Black Demon

Crimes in Detective Conan

Since crime is an important element of DC throughout the whole series, I think it would be a good idea creating such article. And since we've already had/are working on projects like Guns in Detective Conan, or Kyuu's Toxicology articles... etc., we can also make references to those pages once they're done.

As this is pretty much just a random request, so far I'm still not very sure what we can put in this article. Perhaps something like this (this is just an example btw) ?

1. The first major section will list and describe different types of crimes (each of them) that had occurred so far inside the DC universe. We can make those its sub-sections. I can think of the following:

• Murder - Attempted Murder
  • Assassination - Attempted Assassination (I think this can be considered a special kind of "Murder")
  • Bombing - Attempted Bombing (Also a special kind of "Murder", but the victim doesn't have to be a specific person, and can lead to multiple deaths)
  • Kidnapping - Attempted Kidnapping
  • Robbery - Attempted Robbery
  • Heist - Attempted Heist
  • Hijacking
  • Blackmailing
  • Terrorism (did this happen ?)

Is there anything else ?

Those "attempted" crimes may or may not be included. And by "describe" I mean in the most generic way because the criminals, methods, motives... differ from case to case (especially Murder), so personally I think it's not a very good idea to be too specific (linking to every case with the mentioning crime is not possible either). It can be deepened in knowledge about Laws, but this is one hard task because Criminal law is not the same in each country, and is changed occasionally too. E.g. for Murder, we can write:

"Murder, and sometimes referred to (although not entirely correctly) as killing, is one of the many types of homicide, where a person ends the life of another person on purpose, for some certain reasons. The culprit is usually called a "murderer". This is the most common crime in Detective Conan. There are many ways to commit a murder, but the most common methods that have been used throughout the series are: Stabbing, hanging, shooting, beating, poisoning... blablabla. In each case, the murderers usually come up with brilliant tricks that would help them creating a solid alibi, in order to prevent the truth from being revealed to other people. etc. etc. etc..." <<< This thing is only an example, it may not be accurate.

2. Second major section: Criminals. The sub-sections can be:

Individual criminals:

• Kaitou Kid

Criminal syndicates:

• Black Organization
  • MK Organization

Retired criminals:

• Chikage Kuroba (?)

3. Third major section: Objects/Weapons/Items/... (aka. what is often used to directly commit the crimes or assist in committing the crimes). I can't find the most generic term for those. The sub-sections:

Used for crimes:

• Firearms (we can link to Guns in Detective Conan when it's done)
  • Sharp objects (knifes...... etc)
  • Poisons (we can name the poisons and link them to Kyuu's articles when they're done)
  • Others

Assist in crimes:

• Vehicles (in case of the BO, cases involve "hijacking" or "kidnapping"....): We now have a page for this
  • Disguises (in case of Kid and Vermouth): Also have a page for this if I'm not mistaken
  • Special gadgets (in case of Kid): We do have a page for this
  • Others

4. Forth major section: Motives/Reasons/Purposes/.... (aka. why would one commits crimes). Still couldn't come up with a generic term. Sub-sections:

• Vengeance
  • Financial purposes (e.g money): In case of "Robbery", "Heist"; sometimes "Murder", "Blackmailing" and "Kidnapping".....
  • "Demanding/Threatening" (aka. want to force someone to obey your commands against their will so you can achieve a certain goal, w/wo killing that person later, I don't know what's the term for this): In case of "Blackmailing", "Hijacking" and other situations with hostages
  • "Silencing" (aka. kill/hunt the people who know too much, usually witnesses, I also don't know what's the correct term)
  • "Self-protection" (aka. kill/hunt someone that will be a great threat for your own advantages, again with the crappy term): In case of "Murder", "Assassination"...
  • Traitor-hunting (usually the BO)
  • Object-hunting (Kid and MK Org.)
  • Others

^ Anyway this whole thing is just an example, so of course it sucks :P

Since this is only my personal request I wouldn't mind if nobody took interest in it. (I cannot create the article myself because I don't have permission and I don't know how either :P I can only make request and contribute to the article once the page is created by somebody else).

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/User:Black_Demon/Crimes_in_Detective_Conan

You don't need permission to make wiki articles. You just make them. Click the above link and start editing it and it will make a user subpage of Black Demon, not a mainspace page, which you can freely monopolize and mess around in. When you feel the article is ready for other people to look at it, you just move it to mainspace. Or you could start it in the mainspace.

As for how you edit, just take a look at the source for other pages and copy what works. You can also use this guide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial

Thanks Chek !

I'll see what I can do with that thing... Although I still need help from other members as well, I can handle the formatting, but I'm not sure about the details (aka. what is best to write)... I also give up with the English terms. :P

Since I'm forever petrified of editing a Wiki article, I wanna suggest that you also reference which division handles the various crimes. :D

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also planning adding that to.

I think one of them should be “arson”?

Hm... I'm not sure. While "arson" is indeed a separate crime in reality, but isn't every arson case in DC a type of "murder" or at least "attempted murder" ? Or is there any exception ? Like they put some place on fire for other purposes, NOT to kill ?

EDIT: Oh wait there is. The BO usually put buildings on fire to erase evidences, not to kill.

Super moderator power abuse! Chek says the serial arsonist in the Sato Takagi love story was trying to spell out fire with arsons.

Super moderator power abuse! Chek says the serial arsonist in the Sato Takagi love story was trying to spell out fire with arsons.

Yeah, Haibara explained that when she showed where the arsonist would strike next~ His fires were a message.