Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 818-824: Mystery Train (NO SPOILER)

Well, I I think it will be insightful as well. He may recognize yukiko and lend a small helping hand, but will probably will not get too involved. He can't reveal who he is, and may reveal the connection the two families have.

I kinda wish Hattori was in Nagoya to help with the Gin and Vodka situation

Remember in Ryoma case, Conan let it slip that his mother was an actress that play in drama involve Ryoma. But as said above i hope Kid not got too involve.

Why not ?

A big showdown between Conan and the Black Organization with Kaito Kid interfering, it would be different from usual. Plus, three people linked to the late Toichi Kuroba would be involved.

So I just read through File 823 again, and I noticed something interesting...

On Page 12 Panel 6, the gun with the silencer is still in the victim's hands when the smokescreen goes off. Then after everyone evacuates Car 8, Shiho runs in and looks into the victim's room, which is seen on Page 15 Panel 6. It's possible that Gosho intentionally used Shiho's arm to obscure the gun (because he wants to hide the fact that it may become significant in the next chapter). What I'm thinking is that Shiho will grab the gun and use it for self-defense against Amuro. Then while he's caught of guard, Okiya will come in and pin him down or something. But regardless of what happens afterwards, I believe the gun will be of importance.

On Page 12 Panel 6, the gun with the silencer is still in the victim's hands when the smokescreen goes off. Then after everyone evacuates Car 8, Shiho runs in and looks into the victim's room, which is seen on Page 15 Panel 6. It's possible that Gosho intentionally used Shiho's arm to obscure the gun (because he wants to hide the fact that it may become significant in the next chapter). What I'm thinking is that Shiho will grab the gun and use it for self-defense against Amuro. Then while he's caught of guard, Okiya will come in and pin him down or something. But regardless of what happens afterwards, I believe the gun will be of importance.

From my understanding of Ai/Shiho's personality, if she were confronted by any BO member, she would rather "submit" herself to the BO instead of fighting back against them. On multiple occasions, her allies (especially Conan and Ran) had to save her from death at the BO's hands. Furthermore, her ingestion of the antidote and reversion to her adult form is part of her plan to surrender herself to the BO. Why, then, would she attempt to "fight back" against Bourbon?

Some food for thought before the new file:

Wasnt the victim wearing some sort of a vest with a blood releasing contraption?

It would be interesting if someone decided to hide in the victims room waiting for the moment when ai would purposely fall into their trap. Anyone ever consider why Ai decided to stop there in peticular? It would stand to reason that okiya spoke to her during the time they confronted on the train and explained something about what is happening on the train and probably said some quote that he told Ai's sister allowing her to confirm his identity. This is probably the moment they will show in some type of flashback and reveal some sort of character development for ai. I highly doubt okiya will reveal who he really is in front of everyone, especially the BO, but the only exception would be to allow her to put it together herself.

Sera will probably end up waking up and ruin conans plan and ran somehow comes and helps in some capacity

Overall this is exciting and will be interesting to watch.

Edit: sorry about the typos, how sloppy of me

i agree the gun must come to play somehow. But I don't sure who going to use it. I don't think Shiho plans to summit completely. She will try to make an escape if she can. The antidote is only a back-up plan to not get the other involve. I don't think Gosho would want a main cast (Shiho is this case) to shoots someone. Shooting is a serious deed that could kill someone, even try to kill is a no-no for Gosho I think.

When Amuro say "as expect of Hell's Angel daughter" "you indeed look alike". Many seem to interpret as he compare Elena and Shiho. i wonder if he actually compare the two of Elena daughters (Both keep the problem to themselve, don't want other to involve.). Akemi and Shiho? We have a theory of Amuro-Akai-Akemi love triangle afterall

From my understanding of Ai/Shiho's personality, if she were confronted by any BO member, she would rather "submit" herself to the BO instead of fighting back against them. On multiple occasions, her allies (especially Conan and Ran) had to save her from death at the BO's hands. Furthermore, her ingestion of the antidote and reversion to her adult form is part of her plan to surrender herself to the BO. Why, then, would she attempt to "fight back" against Bourbon?

I didn't necessarily say she would fight back against them, but if Amuro made the first move and pointed a gun at her, Shiho would probably buy some time by entering Room 8B. That would be the perfect time to grab the gun with the silencer and either point the gun at herself or at Amuro in order to catch him off guard, not to fight back against him and actually shoot the trigger.

We also have to take into account that she DIDN'T want to participate in the Witness Protection Program when Jodie offered, which shows signs that she IS willing to fight against the BO. Even though Haibara seems to have regressed back into her paranoid state in this arc, I could only imagine that she will disregard her fear of the BO and fight back (in one form or another). If she does "submit" herself to the BO like you suggested, then there would be no character development; the inner strength she has developed throughout the course of the series would all go to waste.

As for the antidote, Haibara decided to use it JUST IN CASE she is killed by the BO, but it doesn't mean there's no more fight left in her.

Edited by AJ M.

So Ai was in on the plan, that's good. I guess Okiya told her when he caught her.

Edit: Nevermind. Puto pointed out Conan could have been lying to Kid about the woman telling him the answers. It could have been Conan with the voice changer and he winged the conversation with Bourbon with what he knows and what Akai told him. Ai could be in on the plan as described, but she may not be and really was unconscious the whole time which explain why she as unconscious at the end.

So Ai was in on the plan, that's good. I guess Okiya told her when he caught her.

Yeah I'm happy about that.This file is not as disappointing as I thought.

I'm really starting to like Amuro more and more.He didn't want to kill Sherry at all,he was kinda angry when the storage carriage exploded with "Sherry" in it.Maybe it's because he wanted to ask her questions about Akai.Nevermind,I really hope Amuro will come in the good side in the future...I also hope we'll know more of Amuro's relationship with the Miyano's familly,and his childhood if he grew up in the BO.

I'm also curious to know if Shiho really knew that Dai is an FBI member...If not she must have heard it from Bourbon in that file.I'm really looking forward the interactions between Okiya and Ai in the futur.

Anyway I wonder if we'll go back to normal cases after that or continue on this Bourbon arc,now that all the identities are revealed to the readers.

Whew! I am still in shock by the way the producers threw multiple curveballs in the story line during this arc that made it tricky and somewhat difficult to predict. First, there was Scar Akai appearing with Sera, Amuro, and Okiya at the same time. Next, there was the mystery woman who looked like Vermouth, was then deduced by some to be Fusae, but was neither of these: "Scar Akai" turned out to be Vermouth, while the mystery woman turned out to be Yukiko; Yukiko appeared to be held hostage by Vermouth but that turned out to be a deliberate part of the bigger plan by Ai's allies to save her from the BO. Then, there was Ai preparing herself to fall victim to the BO by running away from everyone, including Okiya, and ostensibly taking the antidote and reverting to Shiho, but it turned out that the real Ai never expanded to Shiho, but instead was taken to a room to sleep by herself, while the Shiho we saw with Amuro (who self-disclosed as Bourbon) turned out to be - surprise! - Kaito Kid. Vermouth and Bourbon initially believed they succeeded in taking Sherry out of the picture, but almost immediately after Vermouth finished talking to Gin, she realized that she was wrong. Bourbon was also interrupted by a surprise grenade as he prepared to capture Sherry, which made him reconsider Akai's death.

On one hand, it has now been settled that Amuro is Bourbon, and that Akai is alive (and the evidence for Okiya being Akai is almost incontrovertible by now). On the other hand, there are a few open questions left by this arc:

-Now that Amuro has self-disclosed as Bourbon, will he still show up regularly at Poirot and the Detective Agency? If not, how will he explain his departure?

-Given that Akai has been revealed to be alive, Kir's life is in jeopardy if the BO confirms Akai's survival. How will the producers allow Kir to escape from the BO into protection by her allies?

-Do Gin and the other key members of BO really believe Vermouth's report of Sherry's death? If I were Gin, I would start to lobby the boss to press Vermouth to disclose what she has been hiding.

-Do the producers really want Kaito Kid to be drawn into the BO affair? Could there really be a connection between the BO and the Pandora Gem that Kid has been seeking? Could the BO add Kaito Kid to their list of targets?

-Given that Akai has been revealed to be alive, Kir's life is in jeopardy if the BO confirms Akai's survival. How will the producers allow Kir to escape from the BO into protection by her allies?

Kir will fake her death with Akai's help and disguise herself as Subaru Okiya. =P

Hmm...logically to major organizations in one city would eventually clash with one another. Kids org seems considerably dumber than conans and the fact that they dont seem to have the same interests leads me to believe they aren't the same org. Even if they were a branch off we would see them operate like conans organization. Also the screw ups kids org makes are uncharacteristic of conans and would probably result in someone getting killed for their failure to kill kid and giving away a hideout. They couldnt allow him to live and discover the gem first. Now we see that some people grow up in the organization and the org wants to find a way to hold on to their agents and boss by finding some type of fountain of youth(aka the silver bullet). Anyway it may be possible if conan helped kid out in one of his clashes. However i dont think the org is directly related to one another but has some mutual understanding

OHOHOHOHOHO!

You guys' predictions were right! About Kid, I mean.

You really are ALL DETECTIVES at heart.

Anyway, I am completely satisfied with the conclusion!

B.O., Explosions, Guns, Bourbon, Sera, AKAI SHUUICHI!, and sprinkled with Kid, this is THE AWESOMEST ARC I'VE KNOWN!

HAHAHAHAHA!

I'm really happy right now. Elated! :)

Oh, and I think that one of Kid-sama's heists will be following gthis arc. Just a hunch! :lol:

EDIT: IT'S PRETTY CLEAR THAT OKIYA SUBARU IS AKAI SHUUICHI!

Conan is trolling enough to tell Kid straightly: "They've set some explosives, so be careful..." LOL I wonder what would Conan feel if Kid, for some reasons, actually died in the explosion ? :P Now THAT is anti-climatic !

By the way, now that Bourbon has suspected that the shadow he saw was Akai, I wonder if he also finds it strange that why would Akai throw that grenade, thus blew Sherry up, if they are on the same side ? Akai is not stupid to NOT know that Sherry is in the room with explosives at the time. So if I was Bourbon, this point could lead me to 2 possibilities:

1. Akai killed Sherry before she could be caught by the BO so she wouldn't spill any information to them: This is highly unlikely and mostly never happens on the "good side".

2. This whole thing is a set up. The fact that Sherry/Kid willingly closed herself in the room with bombs and refused to come out is suspicious, also right after that happened Akai threw in the grenade, just like some sort of plan. Akai (and even if it's not him) has no reason to kill Sherry if they're not from the Org. Again, whoever that person was (didn't have to be Akai) was probably not stupid enough to think that Sherry wasn't in the room with explosives (EXTRA explosives), so the possibility of them attacking Amuro and accidentally killed Sherry can be excluded. Therefore, while they made it look as if Sherry was already dead, she has in fact escaped. The parts of the train was separated would prevent Bourbon or anyone from rechecking it, this could very well be part of the plan. And now it sounds like something Akai would have done to faked his death ;)

The second one would be dangerous for Conan's side because not only that Amuro would suspect Akai's death, but he would also find Sherry's death suspicious as well. I really hope that Amuro can come up with this so it would be more interesting.

Also, if they had already planned this from the beginning, Yukiko should have given Okiya/Akai an extra mask so he could disguise as some random people. Appearing as himself is dangerous for Akai and Kir; while appearing as Okiya is dangerous for the other people around him and may also blow his cover (Amuro knew Okiya's face from 800). Fortunately Amuro didn't see his face, but he has begun to suspect anyway.

Sherry steps in explosive room because she want to die rather than captured. Akai throw grenade because he hates Amuro as much as Amuro hate him. Yay! Or Akai want to seperate Sherry from the train "not knowing" the room filled with explosive.

Sherry steps in explosive room because she want to die rather than captured. Akai throw grenade because he hates Amuro as much as Amuro hate him. Yay! Or Akai want to seperate Sherry from the train "not knowing" the room filled with explosive.

Or maybe Akai killed Sherry so she cannot leak any information of the FBI to the Org. Yay ! :P

Well I hope Amuro will find the truth quickly...if he figure out that Akai is ideed alive and was the one who threw the grenade,then he will undertand that Sherry is still alive as well.

I wonder if Amuro will make the link between Ai and Sherry if he stay close to Kogoro...that would be interesting^^

Or perhaps Akai knew that "Sherry" was Kid from the start and knew he would be able to get away. I was under the impression that Subaru / Akai knew that Haibara was safe and sound from the beginning. Back at the climax of the Vermouth arc when Vermouth made a run for it and took Conan as hostage, he didn't shoot her because he's the type of guy who doesn't want to hurt the good guys in the process of taking down the Black Org guys.