Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Miss Smiles

S. Kudou's life as H. Yokomizo

Shinichi get a chance to live his life over. And he's all alone, can he do it? From Shinichi's point of view.

CHAPTER 1: Live to be best but...Hideo Yokomizo?

This was shocking beyond words I could not comprehend why this happening to me. Not my shrunken body. It was me who lay on the grass and I was staring back when hovering above. This was not what I expected to happen but it did, and Inspector Megure looked shocked but called for Kogoro over the phone.

I lose count of keeping track how long I was drifting above, but was drawn next to my body andb= many thousand words flew in my mind thinking what if Ran saw this scene. The scene of my shrunken body lay emotionless on grass with bullet wound on head. By the sight of it I nearly winced but seriously couldn’t bring myself look forward to Ran’s and Kogoro’s expression.

How did it happen was absurd but the accident has replay over my eyes, I wasn’t thrilled to see myself hurling to my tragic end. I found the lead to Black Organization, but I was discovered by Chianti and before I knew it, I drifted upwards watching myself fallen down to grass. After that moment, I knew it was moment of time they figure out who was Haibara and I was completely hopeless to fend Haibara from danger.

‘Edogowa Conan did not make it, I’m sorry.’ Megure’s voice said gently and hysterical cry was heard from phone, I immediately recognized crying voice, which belonged to Ran.

At that moment I thought I was confused but wasn’t, I watched everyone’s motion turned slow. However I realized the answer I was rising up, towards the cloud when I realized I lose control over my ghostly limbs, I jerked my elbows with frustrated words: ‘Why can’t I move my arms?’

‘You already dead but I don’t think it is right time for you coming to heaven.’ From the clouds above the voice called out, I felt myself slid through cloud and saw a person standing as if he waits for my presence.

‘What do you mean by that?’ I asked skeptically.

‘The group you seek deserved to reach it’s end, but the cycle is overbearing. Your death is worthy lost for their existence in Tokyo.’

‘You saying I’m too good not to die?’ I looked incredulously at an angel who looked placidly at me with eerie calm face he possessed when talking to me.

‘Your death isn’t destined to die under their hands. You destined to meet me and have your life back. Your soul, it has restored to be Shinichi, but Edogowa Conan has reached his destiny to live as a child,’ the angel explained. ‘You will live once more as Shinichi Kudou but with different alias.’

This is too farfetched for me to understand but words he speak was clear and hold good news I can’t believe it can happen.

‘You’re Shinichi Kudou in soul.’

My hands felt my body when I looked at my chest, realized what angel said was true; I wasn’t a young small boy but I float as seventeen years old guy.

‘I’m ready to live over again as myself,’ I said with confident smile like I always smiling at Ran.

‘You will live again as Hideo Yokomizo,’ the angel said with a smile and wave, for a split second, suddenly I felt myself dropped down to earth below as I had not expected myself continuing falling.

‘This is murder!’ I screamed all the way down and closed my eyes.

I count down when waiting for impact, but it didn’t come; I opened my eyes slightly. I then blinked to see I was standing on the carpet, amazed to see myself standing for being alive.

‘What’s with the name of Hideo Yokomizo? For my fake alias?’ I ponder over the name given by the angel. ‘Anyway, I have to make sure I able to pick up things…’

I looked around at my surroundings, my mouth dropped open to realize it was my house and I’m inside it. I slowly raise my hand straight out to touch the table, head forward as it feel dusty table with bumps under my hand.

‘Awesome.’ I blinked with amazement.

For first time I smiled, in my form of original body as I hope one day I can live over again. This is best moment of time I can be on my own tracking down Black Organization which responsible for my shrunken body and my death earlier.

‘Now they don’t know who will strike them back,’ my smile grew wider, with triumph and thoughts of plans and operations I can execute with my original body. And I’m getting ready to use my trump card.

‘Hideo Yokomizo…’

Hello tsukiko and Valkyrie! I'm glad to hear you both like my story! I feed on reviews, they're my life support. :D I may double post here. I now writing up my 2nd chapter, it will be up soon, around end of this month and beginning of February. Reviews are my food! I will die of starvation before I could post 4th chapter. >.> *continue to write 2nd chapter*

CHAPTER 2: Break in

My parents leave a house to me when I was a young teenager, and they pursue their life in America after they established a great reputation with media because they are known as celebrities in Tokyo. As a detective celebrity, Shinichi Kudou’s name was hard to miss across Japan I often have chance to meet familiar inspector in Japan since my father’s name was labeled as best detective; as so my father say, (he reminded me of Mycroft ) he has famous style of tracking way which often step ahead of me.

Undeniably he say in subtle way but he has leave me to figure out and act my own as I am more practical than him; I have tendency to appear in right time stopping culprit in action or either in time before escape plan may formulae for advance planning.

I fulfilled my dream as detective when I was investigating in plane as my first case, along with Ran when we headed to join my mother watching a play. That was several years ago, I think Ran still remember the incident, we confront a serial killer and managed to walk away unscathed.

Now Ran always anticipated to see me less frequently, complaint restlessly I guess it is normal, with my given body now I can believe I can arrange for our meeting as disguise of our romantic date together if the situation are not serious.

First thing I do is to head to Agasa’s home and break in; a plan to get in and retrieving my luggage. However, I have to redo my hairstyle by burrowing Okiya’s gel; he was now not in home but was outside in town somewhere I don’t know.

Soon I was in the bathroom checking on my hair, with gel I found inside the cupboard, I scanned the product and thankfully it wasn’t expired. I quickly spread gel over my fringe and style it, my middle fringe lay atop of my hair with rest back in place but it were less messy. Feeling satisfied, I returned to my room with gel and shampoo, took down my jacket and pack them in as I make jacket into small bag.

Now I can’t leave with worrying thoughts of professor and Haibara, they were still in danger. I better call Jodie, I thought. I take the bag before picking up the phone receiver and dial Jodie’s number.

She picked up after few seconds, ‘hello, who is this?’

‘Jodie, I’m friend of Shinichi Kudou and ask to relay message after I read letter written by Conan. Conan-kun already spotted by one of B.O. and was shot dead; this was confirmed with police inspector and officer. Professor and Haibara were in danger,’ the words flow out of my mouth with desperation, I had not thought it was sound convincing as I can hear my voice sound desperate, which was true under situation when professor and Haibara were now restless waiting for my news, anytime about my shrunken body will be revealed dead outside in the field surrounded by police officer, and Ran’s family. ‘Please come quickly as possible.’

‘What’s your name?’ Jodie asked. ‘Thank you for the information, I can to reach professor’s house in next ten minutes or sooner. ‘

‘Hideo Yokomizo,’ I answered automatically, that was craziest name I ever heard of from sky above. ‘Police doesn’t know who shot Conan; you might as well prepare to fetch his parents before plan for discussion.’

‘All of these are really written in Conan’s letter?’ Jodie asked with incredulous tone, ‘You stay right where you are, my friend will come find you. Didn’t Conan mention Heiji in letter of his will when his Osakan friend has confidential knowledge of B.O during his stay in Tokyo? ‘

‘Conan did mention him, but from what I read about letter, I agree its best Heiji should not involve in danger. Complication is worse. I can’t stay longer, please call Agasa and Haibara to meet up nearby. Bye.’

I hang up and closed the door behind me quickly then headed to gate, I climbing with haste, leapt across before sprinted forward beside Agasa’s grey side wall, lay myself to it as I look at my right side peeking at surroundings.

Above me was the tree’s leaves obscured the sight if any person from Agasa’s house check out the window, I have good chance to get in when Jodie came to pick them up. Given my predicament, I dislike the idea of contacting them on the worse timing if they were the ones who contacted by Ran’s family, I seriously don’t know how to explain if the odds were backed up with solid evidence and ending I will be in jail.

I don’t know how long did I stay in this spot but I know minutes has dragged, and true to Jodie’s words, her car headed down beside my old home until stopped beside Agasa’s house. Haibara and the professor went into car, I took that opportunity to turn myself around with my back facing the opposite wall, they haven’t found me sneaking, I whistled in the air as I hear the car’s tires passing by me.

The moment the car turn around the corner, I sprint towards Agasa’s gate before leapt up on top of it, jumped down to pavement continuing my route to his house. When I put my hand on door knob, realized it was locked, I feel around my pockets with hand inside for any items I can use with hope the angel above will leave detective boys badge for aid. I pulled out a voice changer; I had a sudden idea how to get in. I quickly dismantled it, and poke in the pins, started to feel around the lock.

The door finally opened, I walked up the stairs to guestroom where I once put my luggage in with my stash money in one of the side pockets, I drop off the luggage when I lend my house to Okiya before he officially move in one month ago.

I opened the door and dragged the luggage, I pulled it down with attached wheels after I closed the door. Before I heaved it and clutched around, I walked down stairs one step by step. Once reach the ground I had not hesitated, marched forward to door outside.

When I was outside, for a fleeting second I heard my gate was opened, I didn’t freeze to hear it was fully open the moment I bolted to the tree, hid behind.

The gate was swung midway when it stopped, I visualized Okiya was looking at Agasa’s garden, as I was now hugging my luggage.

Okiya go in your home, go in your home, go in your home- this thoughts running in my head when I sat still with my thumping heart racing in amble pace.

I then heard the gate closed but I closed my eyes as I remained still as statue in shadow behind the tree.

The gate creaked again, I smiled as he proved my deduction right he was suspicious of the garden where I was hiding and had not move a single inch of muscle. But when I thought of Agasa's door, I looked at it, decided for best to leave it unlocked, I have feeling this may lead Okiya’s deduction to me one day.

‘Anyone is here?’ Okiya called out, later I heard distant door bell from Agasa’s home, and sweat was rolling all the way down the cheeks to biting lip.

I started to whisper when counting thousands in chronological numeral order, and stop when count eight thousand, I slowly glanced out to watch sight of Okiya’s hair disappeared behind the wall. I then hear his steps stroll in, my pose remained unmovable when I heard it closed.

I stood up and uncurled the luggage off my lap the moment I figure the coast was clear.

But I can’t attract him out of his house if he was inside his home. The only way is to attract him and has his mind distracted from focusing on me, I thought with a grin. I browse around Agasa’s grass and found stone, hold it in ready for the distraction he has to make for my great escape.

I then threw it, heard it bounced off his old home’s fence wall onto somewhere I heard the shattering of glass pane, suddenly I felt terrible if I make it worse. I sprinted forward and heave myself up to see Okiya ran into his home with his back in front of me, the glass I shattered is the broken vase on the floor inside the corner of Okiya’s house, realized the rock has bounced into opened window that cause the vase breaking.

I dropped back to Agasa’s garden, looked stunned and was hopeless to think the hit was misfired, aimless, reckless, but top of it, it was the best, Okiya would believe to think it was the boys next to his fence deliberately finding trouble the moment he notice it was a rock, next few seconds I heard him ran out of his home after unlocking gate and hasten at the right direction.

I ran to the left when picked up luggage and throw it over the side of wall, clamber up over and dropped down. I pulled the luggage (luckily it wasn’t broken), change my demeanor into calm expression as my pace turn ambling slow when walking down the pavement.

I’m sorry, when we become friends in future I will give free lunch treat, I thought, walked away from Agasa’s house and my old home while I heard Okiya’s tirade over his vase and change of schedule for his lunch.

Ack! *facepalm* I forgot to review it at fanfiction.net! *facepalm again*

Sorry~ I'm doing it now!

Good job and do continue! :D There's still some tenses mistakes and a bit of awkwardness and hesitation but I find it alright. :P I do that alot of times. :lol:

I'm gonna review at fanfiction~

Seriously, please be constructive a bit. When I start out this story I'm getting the feeling I really need a beta... I also agree my English isn't the best. I've decided, this will be last story I'm going to write in my whole life, I decided not to continue on as I make myself to learn hard truth. I can't promise will I carry on writing chapter four if I unable to find beta. Now it wasn't about reviews any more. Whatever reason will be, I already make up my mind to leave forum for real, I hate the discouragement and so endlessly I've tried to write and improve as possible, all this trial and error, I have to stop typing here. I found the truth I desire I want to know. *return to computer* I don't know when I will submit third chapter, a moment ago I'm having mental breakdown, but this is what I wanted to know even truth can eating my insides. Please tell Cure-chan I'll be away until second week of February, I need to wash my face, amount of rest, asking myself why I am so bold to write fan fiction, I feel like a girl who still found herself incapable writing full proper English and grammar after many years stay in Australia many years ago (now I'm in Singapore for eight years) and being the one who stop studying Chinese when transfer to Australia and found there's no chinese school there. what's the **** point of going to Australia with just all straight A in Chinese exams when I study so good in Singapore until Primary 3. I study Chinese with Mum as teacher but had not continue through secondary or high school standard. I need to calm down, I have to go. I need to go discover myself. I want to go and eat my own pieces back inside.

Seriously, please be constructive a bit. When I start out this story I'm getting the feeling I really need a beta... I also agree my English isn't the best. I've decided, this will be last story I'm going to write in my whole life, I decided not to continue on as I make myself to learn hard truth. I can't promise will I carry on writing chapter four if I unable to find beta. Now it wasn't about reviews any more. Whatever reason will be, I already make up my mind to leave forum for real, I hate the discouragement and so endlessly I've tried to write and improve as possible, all this trial and error, I have to stop typing here. I found the truth I desire I want to know. *return to computer* I don't know when I will submit third chapter, a moment ago I'm having mental breakdown, but this is what I wanted to know even truth can eating my insides. Please tell Cure-chan I'll be away until second week of February, I need to wash my face, amount of rest, asking myself why I am so bold to write fan fiction, I feel like a girl who still found herself incapable writing full proper English and grammar after many years stay in Australia many years ago (now I'm in Singapore for eight years) and being the one who stop studying Chinese when transfer to Australia and found there's no chinese school there. what's the **** point of going to Australia with just all straight A in Chinese exams when I study so good in Singapore until Primary 3. I study Chinese with Mum as teacher but had not continue through secondary or high school standard. I need to calm down, I have to go. I need to go discover myself. I want to go and eat my own pieces back inside.

:blink: ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

What???? I'm sorry if what I said is hurting you... I didn't mean to. It's just that as an author and a reviewer, I believe that reviews are meant to help and not to criticise. I wasn't trying to discourage you in any way. I just thought that if I point out the mistakes, you'll be able to learn from it. I'm sorry if I was hurting you. I really didn't mean to. :(

And take your time to heal yourself. I feel that you are really feeling down right now so please take some time off and relax. Take care of yourself.

No, no, no, you are doing your job. I was having difficulty to cure that 'sickness' of English by writing fiction as form of my interest,... and I fail. I was worked up because I was depressed when I choose to learn hard truth. Not your fault entirely. I take a test to find the answer I seek show brutal hard truth, man, I don't think I ever can write fiction the same way again... Actually I ask for it.

Anyway I will be alright, I fly over the handle when test show the result, devastated by it... I will stay low profile onwards in forum but high if I'm needed to translate unofficial, and....... I'm not gonna publicise the third chapter until I had it really edited from beta, seriously I will find beta before show online, this are the good condition I can live with if i able to get it done or really die trying. or drag time I don't know when I will, about next two or three months? That will be worst case scenario if I can't find beta to edit my third one soon. That auto grammar and spelling checking button doesn't work at all in first and second chapter. This is maddening.

No, no, no, you are doing your job. I was having difficulty to cure that 'sickness' of English by writing fiction as form of my interest,... and I fail. I was worked up because I was depressed when I choose to learn hard truth. Not your fault entirely. I take a test to find the answer I seek show brutal hard truth, man, I don't think I ever can write fiction the same way again... Actually I ask for it.

Don't be so depressed! :( Your story is great! And I can see that you're trying your best! That's the only think that matters!

Don't say you can't write fanfiction anymore. You can as long as you still have your interest! Your stories have power in it, I can tell. You just have to believe that your story is great and just let all the words flow!

Anyway I will be alright, I fly over the handle when test show the result, devastated by it... I will stay low profile onwards in forum but high if I'm needed to translate unofficial, and....... I'm not gonna publicise the third chapter until I had it really edited from beta, seriously I will find beta before show online, this are the good condition I can live with if i able to get it done or really die trying. or drag time I don't know when I will, about next two or three months? That will be worst case scenario if I can't find beta to edit my third one soon. That auto grammar and spelling checking button doesn't work at all in first and second chapter. This is maddening.

The auto grammar and spelling button? You mean on the fanfiction.net's edit thing? Don't use that. It's terrible. If you're writing the story on Microsoft Word, use the spelling&grammar check. It'll be better.

And don't be so depressed. Have some fun, eat more, sleep more. Take time to recover and publish the story when you are smiling again. :) I'll be waiting for your next chapter, edited by a beta or not. To my eyes, it's still a great story despite its little mistakes here and there.

So take your time. I'll be waiting patiently for your next chapter. :)

To readers:

This story is discontinued; I can't keep on writing as I realize it's difficult to write a novel with many ideas popping in my mind. I know the story look substantial, at first I do think of this way until I write chapter 3, I notice I can't continue further as I felt the plot I write has overwhelm me; I decide to let story go.

I know I've disappointed the readers as this plot is rare online… but I can't continue… I have major writer's block. I'm running out of ideas when I know what will story roll out, what hold me back is when I look at the story, it look horrible for me that I unable to continue on with many mistakes I've seen in story. I can't continue on, please forgive me as I felt horrible when I publish before I know or realize what I'm doing. One thing is I never regret writing it, but I'm hold responsible for not writing well without grammar mistake, those are the ones which make me feel I'm writing upside down.

Please forgive me letting story go. This story is first attempted novel I've write, but it wasn't come well as I expected. Please don't hate me, I believe there are many good and best writers can write this story well, and my preparation isn't enough to shape the novel I want to write to be.

This plot/story idea is available for adoption. If you have interest to write this fiction and make it your own, you are welcome to send me message about it.

Thank you for taking time reading my story!

tzswei