Detective Conan World
Black Demon

File 801-803 (Bloody Barbecue)

That's true, however,i think we knew she was spying on them on day one of her arrival. The coincidences surrounding her appearances (just happening to be on the same bus going to the same hotel, blowing cases, getting Haibara's face frome Agasa's glasses, knowing about Kudo, suspicious of someone living in the Kudo house, etc) I expected this and she probably did it during the Ayumi kidnapping case, when she happened to be in the neighborhood. She could have also guessed by what and how Ai said.

Not that anyone would care about this, but I will post Zenthisoror's translation of the spoiler.

The operation was a success, and the doctor says that his wife will be able to leave hospital in a few weeks, leading to many thanks from the husband.

The doctor: "I said to the police that it was just a terrible accident...but still, having said that it's an accident, it's quite an injury that she sustained...when she comes round I'm sure your wife will be questioned a lot by the police, so try and keep your marital disagreements to a minimum."

Conan watched the expression of the husband.

"Relief...guilt...then fear...in which case, the next step is...either to spill the truth to the police or to get away from here...or maybe..."

The professor and 3 kids describe what they saw to Takagi, who's come to the hospital. The husband has put his hand on the wall of the rooftop terrace. Conan calls to him from behind, "Are you trying to run away!? You put your wife through all that...and you're trying to disappear off to the other side?"

The husband says to him that he only came up to take in the fresh, outdoor air, and that Conan should go back to where the others are...

Haibara: "You're planning to jump after you get rid of us, aren't you? Because you know that when the police question your wife, it will all be revealed...From the very beginning, you..."

The husband's expression changes.

Conan: "Look at yourself...that face...you were making the same expression when you heard from the doctor about the questioning. The surgery was a success...the teary-eyed expression then was relief. When you heard again that it was a heavy injury, you lowered your eyes and dropped your gaze out of guilt... After that, when you considered that the truth would all come out from your wife...your pursed lips and widened eyes were all signs of hidden terror...If you had actually been only defending yourself, you wouldn't have had such an expression..."

Husband: "My expressions? Riiiiight...But didn't your friend say, young man, that she'd seen it all happen? I had to do all that, to save myself..."

Conan: "Your wife never tried to kill you...she was only threatening you...because your hiccups wouldn't stop."

Husband: "And she brought out a knife just for that? Don't be stupid..."

Haibara: "But you know don't you? About your wife's personality? She'd do anything to get a reaction without thining about the consequences..."

Conan: "So when she saw you struggling with hiccups that wouldn't stop...you can imagine that, maybe, she tried to give you a shock in order to stop your hiccups and put on that show. All it needed was for you to get a call from your senior at work,,,and a fruit knife to be left out in the kitchen...anyway, there was a glass of water and a sugar container in the kitchen as well... so she was probably thinking of a different method for stopping your hiccups."

Husband: "Sugar?"

Haibara: "There's a little-known method where you throw about one spoon's worth of sugar down the back of your throat...but in Japan, the most well-known are 'make the hiccuper drink water' or 'give him a shock."

Conan: "So the trick goes like this...You emphasise in front of us that you can't find your mobile... You provoke your wife on purpose to set up an argument... then you push us into the living room in the guise of helping to find your phone... you then pretend to have found your phone...then after saying that that a message from your boss hasn't arrived, so you're going to check by phone... you pretend to hiccup and set the trap... moaning that "I need to talk to my divisional head but my hiccups won't stop..." After that...you check to see if your wife has picked up the knife as you expected and then call her mobile, which you'd hidden in advance... Then the one of us who went to deliver the phone to you would be shown a scene where you're about to get stabbed...and then you'd look as though, unable to stop her, you stabbed her in self-defense! Anyhow, that mobile you rang to make sure you had a witness will probably have a missed call proving all this..."

He plays back whatever's been recorded on the answerphone... "Has it stopped?" asks the wife.

Husband: "I was at my wit's end...lately, my wife had been having some awful mood swings...she felt heavy, tired, sleepy, and she neglected the housework...and the food I cooked for her! But...I wasn't sure, you see, not really... about what to do... until I heard those words... (the strange message his wife sent around: "Die! Thieving pussies!") I thought it was weird... Suddenly I wasn't getting any calls from my friends who'd previously invited out to go to the beach or the mountains together... One of the subordinate girls who had wanted to ask for advice about something...she suddenly left the office without any reason...I got frustrated with her! This woman who thought of nobody but herself! But I was an idiot, wasn't I? I was the one who stabbed her but I ended up praying that she wouldn't die...because she was my wife after all...Even though if she was saved, it would be the end of me..."

Conan: "Yes...you are an idiot..."

He shows the husband the real e-mail that his wife sent out to his woman friends... "Thank you for always inviting my husband on your trips to the beach and the mountains...My husband, however, has a very rare blood type, so please make sure that he doesn't get too badly injured..."

[different messages]

"You always do so much for my husband...if you want some advice from him, why don't you come round to our house? As poor as my ability may be, as a senior woman I might be able to give you some sort of advice..."

Husband: "Sumika..."

Conan: "Your friend's stopped inviting you because they were worried about your safety..."

Haibara: "Your subordinate didn't ask for your advice because she had some alterior motives...the voice of a woman asking for advice, which she doesn't want heard by your wife...can't be anything sensible..."

Conan: "Anyway...you've probably been misinterpretting the scenario the whole time...Moodswings, easily tired...these are all early symptoms of pregnancy! Your wife was probably wearing thin clothing because there are some people who get hot very quickly as her hormone concentration rises...although I don't think your wife had noticed yet... As an aside, the reason I was watching your reactions after the operation was to see if you really were relieved to hear that she had been saved...to check if you regretted stabbing her..."

Haibara: "I wouldn't forgive you one little jot...But because we don't want to make your wife's baby the child of a criminal who almost killed its mother out of a stupid misunderstanding..."

Conan: "Today I'll put in a good couple of words with the police...When your wife comes round, you'd better apologise from the very depths of your heart..."

A few days later: Takagi is listening to the wife in her hospital room. "So it's just like what your husband and Conan said?"

Wife: "Alright, listen here! Please keep your promise! Any sort of affair is out of the question...Dinner is...and also, if you do something like that again, I'll definitely get you back...so be prepared...Mr Papa (heart)"

Husband: "Alright."

On the way home:

Genta: "Man, that was a shock!"

Mitsuhiko: "Who would have thought that it would have been about stopping hiccups?" (Black Demon: "The fans could...")

Conan notices the husband buying a mountain of toys, both for girls and boys, from the toy shop.

Genta: "He's buying a lot isn't he?"

Mitsuhiko: "But they don't even know if it's going to be a boy or a girl next..."

Ayumi: "More fool the parent."

Haibara: "I still haven't forgiven him one little bit."

Conan: "Ah well..."

• Upvote 3

Thanks for posting the translation^^^

I love the way that Conan and Ai confront the husband,without the DB around them...

And apparently Haibara don't forgive the husband for what he did,forgiving people is hard for her...so I guess it will be difficult for Akai to be forgiven about Akemi's death...

I was a nice case,even if I'm disappointed that nothing plot related was revealed in this file...

Haibara doesn't forgive the husband yet she expected to be forgiven for her criminal acts when she met Conan.

Didn't she have a hard time forgiving conan for not being able to save Akemi as well?

thanks Noire-san for the translation...anyone else hope that sera will show up in the next one since she showed up in 801? or atleast Akai?

(Noire is french for black. it's my funny way of refering to Black Demon. srry i was with my cousins all day and we're all cajuns so i been speaking cajun french all day)

lol i just realized. the husband is buying toys for both boys and girls...but it'll be years before the kid could play with them o.o.

Every time you double post ... Snake eats one of Kid's doves for dinner.

Didn't she have a hard time forgiving conan for not being able to save Akemi as well?

Well, she cried a bit, but she seemed to forgive him.

There was one line in Mitsuhiko's mystifying case (35-10 p10, bottom right panel, far right bubble) that was really badly translated that made it seem like Haibara hadn't forgiven Conan. The line is really "Even my sister... Before that certain incident, she gave off that scent."

thanks Noire-san for the translation...anyone else hope that sera will show up in the next one since she showed up in 801? or atleast Akai?

(Noire is french for black. it's my funny way of refering to Black Demon. srry i was with my cousins all day and we're all cajuns so i been speaking cajun french all day)

lol i just realized. the husband is buying toys for both boys and girls...but it'll be years before the kid could play with them o.o.

Every time you double post ... Snake eats one of Kid's doves for dinner.

Ehh...wouldn't it be 'Noir'? xP

'Cause 'Demon' in french is masulin....And Oni-san is a male too...xP

Just sayin'~

Well, she cried a bit, but she seemed to forgive him.

There was one line in Mitsuhiko's mystifying case (35-10 p10, bottom right panel, far right bubble) that was really badly translated that made it seem like Haibara hadn't forgiven Conan. The line is really "Even my sister... Before that certain incident, she gave off that scent."

hmmm, didn't know that. Well, if she does have any built up resentment i think we should be seeing it come out really soon. Maybe a little character development from ai as well?icon_e_biggrin.gif

i'm only fluent in english and japanese because i took japanese classes. still am. i wanna go to an art school there. french i HAD to learn to talk to family but i'm not fluent.

anyway,back on topic. this was a sad case....interesting...but sad