Detective Conan World
greaterbeastxellas

Haibara and death?

The more I watch this the more I have seen that Haibara fear death then just wanted to embrace it. If she tried and failed to commit suicide those few times means she just does not care if she lives or dies. So does this mean that she isn't afraid of the BO killing her or is she afraid of the BO testing experiments on her once they find out the result of APTX4869?

I'm really curious to know why Vermouth did not have much of a reaction to seeing her (and Conan) as children.

Well, if you think about it, death is scary for anyone. However when she is afraid around BO members, it's mostly because if they find her, they could harm those she was around. So that's why she has the ability to try committing suicide or not afraid (at least too much) to die. If they figure out what happened to her, then it's likely that they'll figure out the issue with Conan, etc. Her fear is for others, not herself.

I think she's mostly guilty about Akemi dying. She only got involved in the organization to get Haibara out of it. However, she was probably feeling guilty herself for having a normal life while Haibara is forced to make drugs and was sent to U.S. for schooling, constantly watched by the org. It'd be a shame if she dies though. Akemi died so that she can live. If she died, that death would've been for nothing. Now thanks to her, she can have a normal life. That's probably what Conan thinks as well.

As I have said elsewhere, I think Ai is diffident. The loss of her family members (especially her sister) and the fact that she is a "fugitive" from the BO leaves her with insufficient self confidence, especially during times of crisis. I think someone with that kind of mindset in real life would probably be dead by now unless they were confined to mental institutions; however, if Ai had been killed off during any of the previous incidents where she thought of doing so (e.g. The Haido Hotel encounter, the Bus bombing, the battle with Vermouth, etc.), Conan would probably have been trapped in his current form indefinitely, thereby taking the air out of the series (which the producers of DC don't want to do at this point).

I have heard rumors on the Internet that she would be "found out" by key members of the BO and killed by the end; although I would dislike such an ending, I also have a difficult time envisioning an alternate ending without her death.

I think she's just afraid of what the organization would do to her.

Now she's more afraid of what the BO would do to the people she loves(DB Agasa...)

She didn't hesitate to suicide during the bus hijack in order to protect her friends...