Detective Conan World
Monsi

Link to the topic instead

Good day. I would like to suggest that instead of telling the visitors to see the forum for details about what happened on "Watch" section, let's put a link directing them to the topic "DCW moved to a new host! + News" so that there would be no more visitors asking questions regarding why the videos cannot be viewed at the moment. It's annoying me and probably anyone else.

and where would you suggest putting this link? if the chat was on IRC, then it could be in the channel subject line... but I don't know about CarpetCrawler, but I don't keep the link on my clipboard for easy access (whatever's on my clipboard is the last thing I copied and pasted...)

the link that you're suggesting seems like it would have to be size 24 or bigger, for people to notice it :P

no offense...

PS. I walked away, and then realized how snarky that was... I'm not really that mean, I'm sorry

I agree with Southpaw, the link you're suggesting would be impossible to add to the chat, unless the chat was in IRC.

However, I think a link to the thread on the watch page itself would be a great idea, as well as bigger font, so people can have no excuse for not bothering to read it.

Ooops...I'm sorry, you two, if my message wasn't clear and complete. Anyway, the link wouldn't be put on "Chat" section, but on the "Watch" section so that new visitors would know the issue regarding it, and there would be probably no more questions regarding it.

the link that you're suggesting seems like it would have to be size 24 or bigger, for people to notice it :P

no offense...

PS. I walked away, and then realized how snarky that was... I'm not really that mean, I'm sorry

Hahaha...You know, Southpaw, I was laughing out loud when I saw this. :lol: Don't worry, no harm done. :D

The message in the Watch section was actually made vague on purpose. Let me explain.

I didn't want to provide a link about the watch section being down to the corresponding forum thread because it would look like an official announcement (and decision) that would tag this situation as potentially permanent, instead of just temporary. Right now, by remaining vague, it's hard to pinpoint a specific reason and it looks like we're just experiencing a temporary situation. If we do say "officially" that the reason the Watch section is down is because of a DCMA, it'll look bad if we do come up with an alternative in the future. I guess I was just looking to minimize the effect of the situation.

I've actually been thinking of potential alternatives that I'm eventually going to implement in a few months (it's best to wait a bit before making any substantial additions/changes to the site).

What I can do right now is rename the topic title a bit to make it easier to spot when browsing the forum.

Well, that makes sense now, and it's now clear to me and also to everyone else, probably.

And renaming the topic title would still help minimize questions about the Watch section. (Of course, we couldn't prevent visitors from asking about it. :P)

And sorry for my harshness on my first post here.

Anyway, thanks a lot for hearing me out.

Always have a good day ahead! :)

Hey there again.

I still see some new visitors asking about the watch section. I think it's probably because they don't know what forum section they must enter to see the details. I suggest to add the forum section where they can find the details, on the message on the watch section.

Hope it's ok with you.