2 members have voted

1. 1. Is the plot okay?

• No, it could use some work
    • Yes, it's interesting
  2. 2. Would you read it?

• No, it's not really my type
    • Yes, definitely

Blink

Summary: In the blink of an eye, the Detective of the East's life enters the grey zone

The basic plot is that Fem!Shinichi(Shinmi) and Kaito are cousins, and they're battling the Black Org. their own way. They both enter the grey zone of justice, and have no intention of getting out any time soon.

Kudo Yuusaku watched as his wife and daughter faced off inside their library, slightly amused. This would prove to be a very interesting ordeal.

“What?!” Kudo Yukiko was in absolute shock. Her daughter—her own flesh and blood—had just destroyed one of her many dreams. Why? What had she done wrong as a mother? Sure she was the one who had suggested the lessons in the first place, but that did mean her daughter had to outright reject her budding career!

“I don’t want to be a child actress,” six year old Kudo Shinmi looked up from the book she was reading and said with words with finality, “or even an actress when I get older, for that matter.”

“B-but why not?” Yukiko whined. “My agent said you could be very successful! And it’s a lot of fun too! You get to become different people and wear fun costumes, and—!”

“I want to be a detective, Kaa-san,” Shinmi said, “like Sherlock Holmes.” She held up her book, The Sign of Four.

“A detective?” Yukiko looked back at Yuusaku, her eyes blaming him. It was his fault though;he’s the one who, instead of reading fairy tales to their daughter at her designated bed time, read Ellery Queen, Sherlock Holmes, and the occasional Arsene Lupin novel to her.

“Un,” the young girl nodded. “I want to catch all kinds of criminals. I can be like Holmes, and Kaito can be my Watson.” Her eyes became determined, “We can go against thieves like Kaitou KID just like Sholmes went against Lupin.” She scoffed at her mother before continuing, “And the acting class I’m in right now is so boring. All the other students terrible actors, and I can see through their disguises easily.”

Yukiko gaped at her daughter while Yuusaku chuckled,deciding to join the conversation.

“Shinmi.”

“Yes, Tou-san?”

“Aside from being a master of observation, analogical reasoning, and deduction, do you know what else Sherlock Holmes was?” He watched as the gears turned inside his small daughters brain, looking for the information he wanted. He masked his smirk easily when he saw his daughter frown up at him.

“Sherlock Holmes is also a master of disguise,” she replied bitingly. “I get what you’re saying Tou-san, but couldn’t I learn the art of disguise from someone else?”

Yukiko’s eyes sparkled with glee, “I know just the person…”

Yeah, that person is obviously Toichi... So could you you guys please answer the questions in the poll, and tell me what you think of the story so far? It's my first DCMK fic, and this is part of the first draft. If you don't like something about it, could you tell me what it is?

• Upvote 1

Finally, a genderbent fic! A female Shinichi!

Stories about Shinichi and Kaito where Shinichi is a girl--whether they're friends or cousins doesn't matter-- are my absoloute favorites!

Arigato! Arigato! Arigato!

Lissie-chan!!!!! You made me so happy today!!!