Detective Conan World
Misaki-chan

Japan!

Hello DCW members~! ^^ Since I went Japan with my mom this month (and came back recently) I decided to post the pictures from my trip here! Yay! XD Link to the photos are below and to those who actually care, details about my trip are in the spoiler. Enjoy~! ^^

http://s1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa453/Sleepylo55/Japan%20Trip/

As I promised, details are here! Skipping over the details of the day we landed since nothing really happened, on our second day we flew to Nagasaki! There we went on a tour and saw plenty of sites, which includes the museum dedicated to the nuclear explosion that happened there, Peace Park, Glover Park, a really old church ( don't remember the name at the moment) and more. Later that day, we went up a mountain by cable car and saw the amazing view of Nagasaki at night.

The next day, we walked by the wharf, went to a mall and an art museum before taking a train to Fukuoka. While there, we did practically nothing worth mentioning besides see a huge float(?) thing that had One Piece characters on it (One Piece is really~ popular over in Japan right now) and going to a hot springs.

On our fourth day there, we met up with my cousin, Ayaka, and flew down to Ishigaki, which is close by to Okinawa. After getting everything in order, we took a taxi to a different town and explored a little before heading back. A day later, took ferries to two different islands, one after another. On the first island, we biked and we found a really creepy crab or lobster on the trail. After that we walked around. On the second island, we went on a glass-bottem boat and saw a bunch of coral, which was cool. After we got back, we went shopping and ended up meeting a cool New Zealand guy who (thankfully) could speak English.

The day after that, we walked around some more before boarding a plane back to Fukuoka. Instead of staying at a hotel, we stayed at my cousin's apartment since she happened to live in the city. Nothing eventful happened. The next day, we went to the mall and I found the best store ever. It sold anime/manga stuff, and for me it was heaven. I ended up getting some new DC stuff too. That was great. On our last day in Fukuoka, we had to wake up early (joy) and a plane to Kyoto. After we arrived, we went to a temple and then to the Manga Museum. The day afterwards we went to a castle and back to the Manga Museum before taking multiple trains to get to Osaka.

In Osaka, we met up with my great uncle, who brought my mom's second cousin (would that make him my third cousin or what...?) Yuki. After we arrived at his house, I met my mom's other second cousin, Natsumi, and my great aunt. From there, I played with the two and we even did fireworks! Both of them were really~ cute too.... :3

After leaving my great uncle's house a day later, we traveled to a different part of Osaka to meet my mom's old friend. We spent a few hours with her before having to leave to board the bus we were taking to go to Shima, which was my mom's hometown. We arrived late that night and I finally saw my aunt and uncle again for the first time since I last came.

In Shima, we did a bunch of stuff, which includes getting DC manga, watching (and being forced to) a dance that was famous in the prefecture that Shima was in, going to see the whirlpools in Naruto City, and eating Kinchan's, the best instant ramen I have ever eaten.

And~ that's about it. Now for a few random facts (with a few opinions thrown in)!

-Squid ink, when eaten with noodles, is very delicious.

-I apparently visited five different prefectures.

-Japanese ice cream seems to taste better than American ice cream (in my opinion).

-Japanese flight attendants are super polite.

-The Japanese like to give gifts.

Ta da~! ^^ I have officially finished. Thanks to everyone who actually read this entire thing and I hope you enjoyed it!

• Upvote 3

Awwww it looks like you had a lot of fun! That traditional Japanese dancing thing looked really cool, and I LOVE the heart-shaped tile in that stone-paved road! It's great that you got to see your Japanese family! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it sounds amazing.

Sounds like you had a great time XD Man I wish I could've gone >_< But that's life...

Anyway my itouch is a great big meanie and doesn't want me to see the pictures so I'll have to wait until my computer returns =____=;; *sigh*

Once again... I'm jealous. I'd try to convince m dad to take me but he hates leaving the country because he's really patriotic-BUT ANYWAY... I'm getting into me there. So I'm glad you had fun and we definitly still have to go to Japan and France when we're older too ^_^ CAN'T WAIT!

Awwww it looks like you had a lot of fun! That traditional Japanese dancing thing looked really cool, and I LOVE the heart-shaped tile in that stone-paved road! It's great that you got to see your Japanese family! Thanks for sharing your experience with us, it sounds amazing.

Oh, yeah, those stones were at Glover Park. They have this "legend" saying how if you find one of them your "dreams of love" will come true while finding both will get you good luck.

Looks like you had fun. :)

Of course I did. :)

It's a very fun game. You have to play with sunlight. It has a solar sensor and it affects the game it self! You charge energy with sunlight, attack with the power of sun! hmm... no it's not a Sunny-D commercial. But you can check it out in Youtube by typing "Solar Boy Django"

It's related to Megaman so you might see him as well...

Wow!! :D That sounds AWESOME. :D I knew about the gift giving, but... I wish I could go... I wanna see Touto Tower!! And Akihabara. :D