Detective Conan World
Miss Smiles

Conan's chase

NOTES: Hi, I'm still working on third chapter of Conan's unlucky/bad day! At that moment the plot bunny give me next story to write, I then write an action pack story. Hope you enjoy reading it!

Summary: Conan noticed a girl who needs rescue! An action pack story.

CHAPTER 1

Conan was riding down on skateboard, on the day when the sky isn’t bright, for a moment he felt he was free of worries about his day in Kogoro’s home as now he was riding, don’t have to think about lies and deception as he wish it can stay this way. He then thought, what is like if I didn’t lie to them and I go and stay with FBI? Wait a moment, it doesn’t change anything, I end up lying to FBI anyway. That’s bad idea. He inwardly groaned. At this moment of distraction, he looked up in time to swerve away from the pole, he felt with relief when realized he didn’t crash. That’s a close call, I nearly crash to it, he thought, I better concentrate. He sighed, looked at his surroundings to realize he was still in Beika street, and already plan to meet his friends in the park soon. He continued to roll down with skateboard.

Suddenly his glimpse caught himself to stop. From corner of his eye, a figure caught his attention, he looked further to see a girl was gagged, looking at him desperately for help. He opened his mouth with shock, at the moment a black person in suit appeared and open the car door before settling himself in.

Not good. This is not good. Conan thought, looked grim, swung his leg and hit the button behind, and the skateboard sprung to life; it vibrated when smoking out the gas while Conan wait. The car door closed at the moment Conan let a grim smile, a mental plan visited his mind as he formulate a rescue. It’s a wild rescue, I will make it be. And he steered. His skateboard vroomed down as the car begun the trip to unknown destination, skateboard leapt forward with mighty strength Conan skate as if he was hot on ice.

‘You’re not getting away!’ he snarled through gritted teeth, felt thankful the day is on his side as the sky was filled with clouds, blocking the sun but the rays emitted behind it from the burning light. He lurched forward, following the car as it turned around the block, as he knew it was matter of time he will be spotted by the kidnappers.

‘Who the heck is that brat?’ the kidnapper who was behind the wheel said, peering at the side mirror.

‘Don’t let the kid catch us up!’ the second one shrilled, and the first felt compelled not to laugh as his partner’s voice echoed in the air with resemblance of woman’s voice screaming. And the second reason was it was not laughing matter when they have been spotted by a child.

‘He’s just a kid, let’s shake him off,’ he said, ‘Besides, I don’t have time to take part wild goose chase.’

‘Yeah. you’ll be the boss of this part,’ the partner said with a smile.

‘Thank you very much. That’s flattering you put trust on me,’ the first one said sarcastically with a grin. ‘Oh wow… you turn into apple after you throw money in the sea! Did I lose my mind or it's you lose your mind!?!?’

‘Woah, woah. Don’t get mad… I already say sorry!’ the partner looked guilt-stricken as he instinctively held his hat.

‘It’s million yen inside! It’s not the apple you brought into my house, and you mistook the real money for the same looking stupid bag. Why you choose that bag in the first place? Now, I want you to fill in my sentence. You. Are,’ the kidnapper held up three fingers as he steered the wheel to right side while he emotionlessly speak and fixed his eyes on street.

‘Idiotic, stupid, senseless, moron of me when I throw money into sea, after I realizing you hate apples!’ his partner said quickly.

‘Yeah I do now after you throw that bag away; just after you make your act to make myself turn into petty man!’

I still don’t understand why girl likes you. They say you look pretty and cute. I think you’re ugly enough, the partner thought with sweat rolling down.

‘I know what you’re thinking. You better make yourself useful here. No more talking. No more jobs for me to be comedian for living,’ the kidnapper said.

‘Yes sir!’ his partner said enthusiastically and pulled out his gun.

Why don’t you shoot me dead, thought kidnapper, later he looked back to find his hostage looking at him with fear.

At that moment, his partner loading the gun before pointed it in the public where two man holding window glass pane, and starting to shoot. The glass pane shattered in pieces. Conan witnessed it when he steered at right side, was still following the car.

The kidnappers easily overtook the car at his right as the debris of glass pane spread across covering the road. Conan looked at the car’s direction before making his decision; he steer and head on to incoming third car’s tail. It following the same route as the second, he jumped and skateboard leapt forward. He rushed upwards, from the tail to front, continued jumping then skate with momentum. When he noticed kidnapper’s car switch route to left, he leapt into the sky. He pressed his button on his belt. The ball burst and dropped down onto the road. He then land back and middle of skateboard on the ball, which burst by its force and tiny cement rock on the road. The force propelled him to touch ground with huge burst of power as the chase resumed.

‘He’s tough enough,’ he muttered, looked annoyed. ‘I thought he’s just a kid.’

‘Let’s kill him,’ his partner suggested, but received kidnapper’s outburst.

‘NO!! If we kill him, the police will track to us. I’m going to shake him off and that’s finalized plan,’ the kidnapper frowned and shook his head.

‘Fine,’ his friend glared at him with sour look. ‘What do you propose? Mr. Know-it-all.’

‘Keep shooting at things to stop him from following us. That shall do it,’ instructed kidnapper. ‘I was driving. You can help because you’re not distracted.’

‘Good point,’ his partner said pointedly.

He looked at his side mirror. Conan noticed him and contemplating his plan. Suddenly he realized in shock the moment he figured his belt can blow a soccer ball only. He look upward to see traffic light was about to turn red.

The car ran forward in time when red light appeared. He snatched the rope from a guy who was holding it nearby protesting about the rope being stolen. He charged into the group of incoming cars as they head to meet Conan. He jumped high when his sport shoe pressed the turbo button on board, he flew upwards as he held on to skateboard with right hand for his life.

He flew over when the cars are below him. He quickly unwrapping ropes one-handed and swung it to the opposite pole. Flew over the cars, his left hand felt the rope loosen, allowing it to guide down as left hand lax on his grip when skateboard touched down and the sight of driving car he chased appeared in front of him, it continued the trip of destination.

‘What in the world how he ever do that? Who is that kid!?!?’ the kidnapper gawked at the side mirror when noticed Conan behind him pursuing.

‘Since we lost money, we cannot keep this girl alive, Sam,’ the partner said, looked grim.

‘This is part of plan B we have left now, which has to be done,’ Sam said, his fingers were tapping on the wheels.

The partner glanced outside, looked at Conan with idea formed in mind.

‘We don’t have to kill him, we can make him fall.’

‘And you do have a plan?’ Sam asked when noticed his best friend smirked. The kidnapped child who was behind them lying on the car seat, muffled in protest and squirmed against the bind.

‘Oh? The girl has soft spot for cute child. What a shame to die young. They will be together if that kid didn’t give up,’ his partner said with smile curled, eyes glint with the idea formed in mind.

‘That’s plan C when it happens,’ said Sam automatically, looked at the side mirror when he saw Conan gaining further before glancing at his best friend.

‘Shoot the wheels out. He’s up to something, I’ll make him fly. And you do it. Prepare yourself when next flying incident happen. Don’t hesitate any more.’

A/N: Chapter 2 is coming soon! It’s a short story with few chapters. Okay, I cannot reveal any more.

Wow!! :D AWESOME start!! ...They should just kidnap him too... :P Can't wait!! Update soon!! ...Don't you think somebody would see him chasing the car??

Okay, second chapter is done, yay! chapter 2: Police step in

CHAPTER 2

‘Mayday, we have spotted the car exceed the speed limit. We’re on it.’ A voice said as the runaway car passed by, with a child hot on heels with skateboard. ‘Conan-kun?’

Conan hasn’t paid much attention to the person talking with walkie talkie, but he hasn’t thought he will meet the person soon when he was on the chase. His eyes fixed at the car which eluding him as the car belong to kidnappers and they had kidnapped a girl, it is matter of time Conan come to rescue.

He sped up. He plugged out the tracker’s device, with a smirk he took out a chewing gum before pressing the device to be wrapped in chewing gum. He closed his eyes when taking aim, at the runaway car and threw it. It stuck at the side and Conan switch on his high tech spectacles, the map showed up.

He zoomed in, noticed the car in front of him turned left, looked with realization they are heading to beach where it spotted faraway.

He spotted a long walking stick near to pole when following the car. He steered on the left picking up. Later he heard a familiar voice coming from blaring speaker horn.

‘Edogowa! Stop this instant we will get that car! Let us take over,’ Yumi declared but he ignored, as her car passed by he immediately hooked walking stick on pivot of side mirror.

‘Conan-kun! It’s dangerous if you continue chasing the car, which is hard for kids,’ Yumi scolded.

‘I’m sorry! But those bad guys plan to hurt a girl!’

‘What do you mean? Those two has bad record with police?’ Yumi said, astounded. ‘okay, don’t bite your tongue. We’ll overtake!’

Her car dashed forward as she switched on police’s siren, the car’s speed doubled up as Conan hold tight to cane. The car in front didn’t stop as it continued the pace.

‘Okay those people really making me real angry. No one defy the orders from police force!’ she fumed. ‘Conan, tell me more about them.’

Conan explained as fast as he could when Yumi stick her gaze on kidnapper’s car, her hand was trembling against the steering wheel.

‘Now it’s on my watch, I’m going to take them down if they break the law by kidnapping and speeding!’

They already break the law, one step away from us… Conan thought.

‘okay, I’ll think I go further…’ Conan said but his words has been cut in when he was interrupted.

‘No! I mean- to say they are dangerous for kid to handle, leave that to me and the police,’ Yumi said seriously with a look ready to scowl. ‘How you able to out-run them?’

‘There’s no time to think what I unable to do, I’m not your ordinary kid! I’m--,’ Conan’s words falter as he thought he was closed to reveal himself. ‘protégé of Kaman Yaiba!’

At the moment he felt himself nearly fly when Yumi turn the car while following the kidnappers.

‘If I’m not driving, I would like to slap lightly your head for thinking much to become solo hero. I wish you could think more of me, as police lady in patrol is citizen’s best friend!’

Conan watched the scenery and noticed the boat nearby the coast, he realized he doesn’t have much time if the police gaining.

I can’t tell you the whole truth, I will get you hurt one day if you know more information about me including the passport, which is fake I make to avoid enemy but only not the police. I guess I have to catch up.

‘I see you later, thanks for the ride!’ he shouted as his foot pressed the button behind him. He then released the cane and zoomed forward, with it hooked onto the antenna. He smirked. He pulled himself nearer the moment he heard from Yumi yelling for him ‘Conan-kun!’ but ignore as he slowly came nearer. The car window wheeled down before the partner poked his head out with gun in hand pointing at him, his expression looked deadly as to aim to kill but he dodged away from bullets shot by Yumi.

Conan closed his eyes when the car spun sharp right turn before suddenly felt the car change direction, opened his eyes to realize they were heading to different destination. He looked up to see the partner was no longer shooting, noticed he started to lose time if keep up. He figured, they have plan not to keep him alive, overall they had not plan to allow the girl be the witness.

For a moment Conan thought he heard someone was calling him. He shook his head to clear his head but heard again, which was loud and clear holler. ‘CONAN!?!?!’ Out from nowhere, a mental image of his four best friends looked dumbstruck of him chasing the car. He then wondered what he looked to them when he was chasing it.

His head turned around to see Genta was the one who call him. ‘Conan!’ he yelled desperately as Shinichi saw his friends running after them but he knew them unable to catch up as they are far away.

‘If you’re catching bad guys, I won’t forgive you for taking this credit alone!’ Genta’s scowl was heard in the air until the car screeched to halt. Police’s siren came nearer. It’s volume became louder as the police car appeared behind. Yumi’s car came to halt, Conan took this opportunity; he let go the cane and leapt forward with a yell.

‘Stay back!’ he roared and the girl inside hastily crawled backwards with struggle, managed to distant away from the window.

‘What are you up to?’ the partner took out the gun after he wind down the window to see Conan’s resolute face, saw him smashed the window open with the cane the moment Yumi came out from her car.

It attracted his attention, he bit back growl when Conan fitted himself on window side unlocking the door. Ignore the stabbing pain on his arm from the debris, he started to open the door. Without warning, he felt himself lifted up and throw into backseat. He looked up when heard the door slam. In next second the partner was in the car, Shinichi heard Yumi’s frantic shout: ‘Conan!’

Partner in black injected in when she shouted. ‘Step on gas!’ his scream has set the driver in motion: the car leapt forward as Conan nearly fell onto the floor with cane along. ‘If you make one false move, you will wish you didn’t done it by suffering my wrath with the gun!’

With one glance at the cane, Conan was struck by an inspiration to escape with the girl. ‘Get back to seat!’ the partner pointed his gun on his head.

He slowly sat back. Bit his lip, he weighing his chance when remembering the cane on floor. But he was distracted when noticing the girl: she was crying silently.

‘Don’t cry…’ he whispered, sat closer to her, ‘we will escape soon. You can count on me.’

He smirked as he looked at the car clutch. He looked behind to see Yumi’s car continue pursue. In her car, he swore he heard one of his friends calling her to step on the gas. He pondered on his plan while he was sitting on backseat, later the thoughts of his friends suddenly come to his mind as he freeze in his pose when mental image floated in: Ran.

Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko, I will be alright. I’ll return with a girl beside me after this incident’s over.

A/N: Chapter 3 is now up! Now it become fast, but I will be busy with other work as well. This chapter is hard to write, but I managed to finish writing it. :) Yay! Enjoy the read! :D

CHAPTER 3

Yumi looked at the car who still escaped and holding hostages, her hand nearly trembled but grimaced tightly on the steering wheel with children sitting in her car. She had been interrogated by them and annoyed when felt being egged on. Deep in her heart, she know they care for Conan’s safety, troubled as they had saw Conan was taken by one of the kidnappers and had put into the car.

Yumi’s sharp ears picked up Ayumi’s scared whisper: ‘Conan, promise me, stay safe…’

‘Conan-kun will be alright,’ Yumi said with controlled voice she mustered up as to convey firmness as possible as she could. ‘He’s Mouri’s assistant, I’m right? He’ll find way, I’m sure they won’t harm him as the police nearly surround them soon and can’t escape out of car without being caught…’

‘I also think the same way,’ Haibara said calmly as she crossed her arms.

Okayy… this girl is getting creepy, with her look and voice she look way mature to be my favorite child, Yumi thought with sweat rolling down.

‘Satou is now behind me, the police were on the chase are Takagi and her,’ Yumi said, ‘as they are hang out together, by the rate of it, I think I will attend their wedding one day.’

‘It’s not right time to talk about wedding! They already taken Conan and who knows what will happen if we haven’t keeping on eye!’ Mitsuhiko protested angrily.

‘Alright, and you don’t have to yell and turn my ears deaf. I need to hear their screeching wheels if they disappear around the corner!’ she said with exasperation.

From corner of her eye, she saw Miwako was beside her car chasing, and her window screen was pulled down. Yumi followed suit.

Behind Yumi, Ayumi pulled out her detective badge when she heard static. She switched on before Conan’s swift whisper flowed hurriedly in seven words.

‘Tell them to start four cars’ stunt.’

Ayumi remembered the days they had witness their friend had been kidnapped, and policeman who chased by car had the culprit's surrounded in their boundaries before they arrested them. Now she was worried sick and miserable to see Conan was trapped.

‘Co-‘ Ayumi was closed to break in tears but her words was hushed down by familiar voice she recognized as her boyfriend.

She swallowed down her urge to cry out with her eyes brimming in tears, lowering her voice to whisper.

‘Conan, promise me, stay safe as you can… I like you.’

‘I- I will.’

She heard those words and her heart sank lower, found hard to understand his hesitated tone but realized he was in danger if he was found out with a badge. He will be likely been exposed by kidnappers as they realize the secret of his badge is not simple, but a walkie talkie. But she felt her world crashed when she heard next words came from Conan’s lips.

'They're likely to kill us, but you must tell them to do it. If they did, I can distract two kidnappers here. I got to go!'

Ayumi closed her eyes when she heard the badge switched off then Genta dropped his words in agreeing with Conan.

‘Well, let’s not wait any longer we got to tell them! Ayumi we will save him.’

‘Conan says he will be alright? If it is, we got to trust him, and relay words to police. He needs our help as we badly want him back alive, he’s man of his words. Ayumi, I think he wants you to stay strong, and needs you not to cry but to keep faith until you see him return.’ Mitsuhiko gravely said.

‘Mitsuhiko, that’s the best thing I ever heard from you. By chance, did you pick up line from the movie Kamen Yaiba? Oh, okay- I keep quiet,’ Genta gulped when he noticed their expressions.

‘What topic are you both going on and about?’ Haibara asked testily. ‘Is there something you got to tell Yumi-chan?’

She hasn’t got her chance to have question answered and they don’t have chance to respond, they felt the car lurched forward, to far left lane.

‘We’ll letting Satou and Takagi to catch the kidnappers, and I’m going to take you both home.’

Ayumi recognized the familiar stores they passed by and realized in fear Yumi was going to drop her off soon.

‘No!!! Yumi-chan, you have to go back and help Conan!’ Genta said, his face turned scared and frantic.

‘The three police cars are already in pursuit and they are Satou and Takagi who can take them down. We can rely on them,’ Yumi said with authority tone. ‘It is enough. The mission is already dangerous with kids around.’

‘You don’t understand! Kidnappers are not like others and Conan needs your help most.’ Ayumi said heatedly. ‘You’re the first who spotted him, is it? You deserved credit more than send us away!’

‘I can’t help them any more. They both agree with you kids aren’t allowed to participate in the chase. Do you both realise, all your demands did not help much, if you interfere to complicate matters?’ she said with disapproval before thin line of lip stretched to her cheeks, looked grim.

‘No, but we know Conan finds you’re the next he wanted to participate in chase, as you’re riding on fourth car! Please, Yumi-chan? Please help him?’

‘If you help him, we’ll do anything you want by telling us anything. You also can tell me, and I’m willing to be your gossip’s watcher.’ Ayumi proposed.

‘Kids… , it’s not I don’t want to take part, I will be scold if I didn’t look after your safety and it’s terrible if I have to step down from this job. I’m responsible to owe your parents’ wishes and I can’t live with guilt weighing down in my heart any much longer…’ Yumi faltered as her words trembled before her tone hardened. ‘My final answer is: no.’

‘The kidnapper won’t spare Conan and the kidnapped child if you wish you want to keep on with this way. I believe you did hear the news in the morning about the money, which had been spotted and was suspected as ransom money before? If they had not went to beach, and when they realized everything has been found out, it means they don’t care any more to live much longer. But it’s not only them, other don’t want to die, and police may realized the kidnapped child does has parents,’ Haibara said with cold eyes. ‘If there’re four cars, it’s become different scenario, there’s no damage but it’s only minimal. If there’re three, I really have no idea… and I can’t make any promise. If you go and save now, you’re right just in time helping and saving more lives.’

‘You’re saying the kidnappers are no longer care of money if they wish to die by dragging in kids’ lives? It doesn’t sound good,’ Yumi said grimly. Her lip twitched nervously but she focused on the road, and fear started to build up in her chest, as she noticed what’s inside eating her conscience. ‘This is not what I plan to have it happen!! Now I can’t believe myself actually said that to Satou… “Three cars are good enough to catch as I can take kids home.”'

And Yumi looked at the road with an expression of slightly stunned face, when she heard her words relay in her head.

‘So as I said, you go NOW! You’ll reach in time to stop the disaster as Conan predicted, he need more police's lending cars if he want to survive. Without you I think Megure will answer more than one parents if three can’t stopped the car, and it’s not only you the one in trouble! For Conan’s sake, their plan cannot go wrong without fourth car! Do you know how much you realize their trouble going to send them to devastation SOON!’ Haibara yelled at her, and didn’t notice her best friends winced by her loud voice; they plugged ears with their fingertips.

‘I now know!!! Okay, I’m going by detour road so you both don’t bite your own tongue!’ Yumi said with agitation, sped off after she change direction.

‘She’s good,’ Genta said, looked impressed. His head nodded to Haibara, was now crossed her arms together on her seat.

Hold on, kid, Yumi thought, her right foot pressed on the accelerator gear as she passed by apartments. Later she heard, ‘there’s the car!’

Genta’s voice raised her awareness as she looked right. Found the car screeching around on brakes when pursuit by more police cars, she gaped in horror when she saw it heading towards the van. It sped readily, when kidnapper’s car speed was the same as van’s, it was about to collide onto it, which was blocking the way. Yumi leapt forward with car without any thoughts; she flew car in u-turn with great quick arc, before land it’s right side on the black car. Her side brushed by on the black car’s until it skid with two right wheels on the van’s door side. Inside her car, all the children were screaming and yelling. The black car was still driving on the van’s side when Satou’s car zoomed forward, and followed beside on its left.

‘What’s the blaze of car’s driving?!?! Oh, right, Conan. This is uncool. I hope afterwards her driving skill got to be better than this part and I hope; it has to be cooler!’ Genta said and his face was unreadable, but his eyes were blinking from the shock he received when Yumi driving. ‘And… why am I getting the feeling, I am on rollercoaster?’

After he finished saying his last word, the kidnapper’s car continued its speed. Yumi’s walkie talkie blared. Yumi picked it up.

‘YUMI, WHAT WAS STUNT IS THAT? THANK HEAVENS I SEE YOU BOTH ARE ALRIGHT, OR I WON’T FORGIVE YOU IF ANY OF YOU HURT! However! That was one heck of stunt I’ve seen so far. You got to teach me how you do it…’ Miwako said in chagrin.

‘I’ve picked up and master the lesson six seconds ago. Seriously, don’t ask me how I do it, now and forever or I box your ears when we meet any where any time.’ Yumi growled with displeasure.

‘Fine,’ Satou’s voice said disconsolately. Suddenly Yumi remembered Conan’s request, wondering could it be best idea Conan proposed earlier to Ayumi. She thought about it. Looking at walkie talkie, she decided to put it on action, or it was now, or never.

‘Hey Miwako…. I have an idea how to stop the car, and it’s Conan-kun’s….’

Conan stirred and his world slowly swam back to sight, he groaned. He felt headache settled in before he rubbed his head. His head felt like it was swimming but he lie back to re-gather his thoughts. His memory gradually swept back, he started to remember the past incident: he flew onto right window before he lost consciousness when the car roughly landed on the road a moment ago.

He sat up and blinking away the light, which threatened to blind his eyes. Later his eyes took in familiar surroundings and he realized he was in the kidnapper's car. Later old memory flashed back, he turned to look down at the car's mat to find his cane was gone.

The kidnapped girl looked at Conan with concern. A second later he heard kidnapper's barking voice.

'Boy! You look what you have done to my friend!' He looked back at the mirror when noticing Conan has finally woken up.

Conan looked at the left seat and sat himself closer, found his partner was fainted with his head swollen. He already had taken a blow after his head was taken beating by a cane, when Conan knocked him out.

'He deserved it,' Conan smirked with triumph as he crossed his arms.

'Boy…' the kidnapper growled. 'Do you know what I am wishing right now, I think nothing but to hit your head,' the driver growled and glared at him, Conan looked surprisingly calm at him.

'I tell you what happen if you continue driving without stopping,' said Conan. 'The police will corner you no matter what.'

'Let me guess your name, your name is Sam.'

'How do you know my name?' Sam asked sharply.

'I am Detective Conan, a detective who knows your name. Your best friend's name is Hazuki Krim,' Conan deduced, smirking as he felt the wait can't be longer.

'You able to figure out our name by sitting on our car sofa?' Sam said with his disbelieving eyes and stared at Conan.

'Well, you can say that in this way,' said Conan with casual voice and a smile of wisdom on his face.

'Impressive, and your answers are right,' Sam said, his eyes glowing when glancing at the mirror above his dashboard. 'You create an interesting game, and you're the first kid who knows well of it as adult's game. I don't see you're scared little boy.'

'There's nothing to be scared of, as you're only left in the car.'

'True,' Conan followed, looked around before he turned himself around and took the opportunity: he sat closer to the girl before started to untie the binds.

'You've to pretend you're still tied up,' Conan whispered beside her ears urgently. 'When all is over, you can remove the gag.'

The girl nodded quickly after she realized what he was about to do. At the same moment Sam replied, when he fixed his eyes on the road and unaware of their actions, as he thought to counter back.

'Now you're in the car, there's nothing left to outwit me, think about it,' he said and laughed. 'So now who's in charge? That's me.'

'No, it's not you. My friends can, they have ability to stop you.'

'And who are they? Your bunch of friends of kids you hang out with in that car fifteen minutes ago?'

'It isn't nice to belittle them. You don't know them better,' Conan hinted as he observed him and examining Sam's eyes, which glancing back at him on the car mirror.

'Why must I compare myself to kids? They're not my match,' he declared.

'Is that so? Don't say it too early. I think you don't know what they're capable of.'

'It's not my right to know more of your friends,'

'You will think differently if you meet them one day,' said Conan, contemplating how the conversation will proceed.

'I never regret what I done,' Sam snapped back.

'I hope you know what you're saying,' Conan replied and glanced at the back of Sam's head.

'Don't give me that look,' he growled, with his tone hinted of nervousness was noted when Conan hear from Sam.

'Eh, Sam-chan what's on your right?' Conan said, with innocent eyes looked at the left and right, pretending to look scared as he noticed a car behind was gaining speed.

'What do you mean?' asked Sam, he crossed his eyebrows together to form a line. Later Conan hear Satou's voice blaring through the speaker horn.

'HOLD IT RIGHT THERE! I NEED TO CATCH THE CAR NEXT TO YOUR LEFT!'

'What! I'm confused now,' Sam stated, with bewildered expression as he looked at his right.

Suddenly the police car coming from the left, closing in. 'Have you notice the car in front of you? That's criminal I'm catching! I will be on this lane to catch that person personally!'

'A criminal? There's another criminal? Isn't me they catching?' Sam asked incredulously.

Without warning, Conan stood up and kicked the kidnapper's face; he accidentally stepped hard on the accelerator and car turn to speed before turning, spinning around. Conan pulled up the hand clutch, the car was screeching with momentum to stop but it continued on.

The police car from both sides came quickly with means to support, their sides matched when the sides grind together.

'The whole thing is a set up!' the kidnapper roared with anger.

'It's too late now you know!' Conan said before launched a kick, onto Sam's elbow and he yelled in pain. Sam pushed him back with a hard shove on Conan's elbow that Shinichi fell back onto seat.

Sam took out the gun and without missing the beat, he shot the right car and bullet chipped off few pieces, leave the car pane cracked with lines. They heard anger of shouts from their right and it stayed when Miwako also took out her gun.

At that moment Conan started to notice Sam's car slowed down, Sam also noticed; he pushed down the clutch and his right foot whammed on the accelerator, his right hand hold the gun to point while his left grasped on the steering wheel.

Conan heard the smash of glass shattering, immediately realized Sam's window was broken after it was beaten three times when everything was disarray with sounds beating on them when they collide with police's car. He realized Sam was shot and covered with tint of blood on his elbow and the car let out a spurt of speed as it lurched forward, it's side screech police's aside and head forward to leave police car behind.

This is not good… Conan's thought trailed away as he sat with sweat, looked at his left then watched through back of car's pane seeing other police's car helplessly witness Sam's car took flight after their struggle, with Conan and the kidnapped girl inside.

CHAPTER 4

Conan then looked back and glared at smirking Sam before he narrowed his eyebrows together.

'Stare at me as you want,' Sam said as he grinned, but later his face turned grimace in pain and turned his face back looking at the road.

'what the heck-' Sam suddenly said, steered the car and side facing down the road when screeching on its wheels, bumped onto the police car's as it came to halt.

A man came out of the car with a hat he was wearing, holding onto speaker horn and raise his voice and it magnified.

'Come out and raise your hands up!' Megure ordered.

Sam gritted his teeth at the same moment when he heard his friend stirred, waking up from loud voice.

Within ten seconds, Conan found their car was surrounded; Miwako, Wataru and the police pointed at Sam and his partner. Miwako opened the door and Conan grabbed girl's hand and they scurried out of the car.

'Conan!' Detective Boys called and Ayumi ran forward, flying tackled Conan in a hug.

'Don't worry, I like you to meet a girl…'

When he mentioned the last word the girl stepped up and looked down at the road shyly.

'My name is Aito,' she responded. 'Conan is the person who come and save me.'

Conan smiled as he watched Satou and Takagi handcuffed the kidnappers and herded them into their police car. At the same time Kogoro ran forward, looked grim before turned angry when he spotted Conan.

'You! I've heard from Megure that you got yourself in trouble. You got to return home with me…' Kogoro growled, raise his hands ready to hit Conan's head, but lowered down when he noticed all children's expression.

'Enough with trouble,' he said firmly, looked uncomfortable and Conan frowning up at him.

'Well, we can't stay in one spot, you'll be grounded for finding trouble,' Kogoro said and earned protest from Detective Boys.

'You can't do these to Conan. It's unfair!'

Ayumi walked forward and kicked Kogoro's left leg, he yelped in pain when he leap and hold his leg.

'Don't hit my boyfriend!' she said. Mitsuhiko and Genta glanced at Conan for a moment before they stepped up and following Ayumi, kicked Kogoro's leg.

'Fine, I un-ground you…' Kogoro said unhappily.

Haibara and Conan looked away and grinned with amusement.

'He's your boyfriend?' Aito asked, looking at Ayumi.

'He is,' Ayumi nodded, curled her arms around Conan's and he felt his sweat rolling down.

Genta watched at Conan with his temples budging but he looked at the road down with interest.

'Aito!'

They noticed Aito looked up before she ran forward, towards a passerby who dash forward with opened arms and wrapped them around Aito when she hugged her.

'Mum!'

'Where's my girl?' asked a tall man, run up on the road and spotted them, his eyes looked at right side where he noticed Aito and her mother hugging. He joined in the hug for a moment before they approached to Megure thanking him.

'All is well,' Haibara said with a smile when watching Aito's family.

Kogoro made noise.

'Now I'm going to take you both back home,' he said.

'Yes uncle,' Conan responded, and Detective Boys following the suit.

'The kidnapping is epic failure, is it, Uncle Kogoro?' Conan asked.

'Yeah. They screw up their plans. The good news is Aito was saved. You like to be a hero, are you?' Kogoro glanced at him.

'Not really…' Conan smiled weakly and let out sheepish laughter, scratching his neck as he looked away.

'Okay, let's not delay time,' Kogoro said and walked towards his car.

'Wait a moment, Kogoro can I burrow Conan for a moment?' Yumi asked, approaching to the car's side. 'I like to have a few words with him. Later I send him to your agency.'

Kogoro looked surprised, glanced at Conan curiously but nodded.

'What she wants with you?' Genta asked.

'I have no idea,' Conan replied. They bid goodbyes before they parted, he sprinted towards Yumi and looked at her curiously.

'It's Agasa ask for you,' Yumi said, and Agasa came out from her car. 'he ask me to fetch you as police woman and Kogoro will let you to come with me.' He grinned at Conan.

'You will take a ride with me after I tell you the news.'

'Agasa? Do you have important information that we can't talk in home?' Conan asked with surprise.

'Shall we have a walk, Conan?' Agasa requested and Conan nodded, they walked down the street.

'Yumi saw me at the store, she comes and pick me up. She told me everything, but I'm glad you're alright,' Agasa said.

'You come all way down to ask this question?' Shinichi raised his eyebrows but saw Agasa shaking his head. He glanced around with dark look before he bended down to whisper.

'Do you have recollections of the guy who name Sam? He's B.O's informant.'

'In the past you did meet the guy before?' Conan asked with eyes wide opened, Agasa nodded.

'His records show he once worked as a clown, but no one knows he was working with B.O. He met Hazuki and was dragged down by him with grudges Hazuki hold for girl's parents, Sam is the mastermind; Megure fill me in how they receive news from parents he planned to get money.'

'And how you figure out his identity?'

'One week ago I was at the store, saw the person buying the groceries. I'm beside him to buy mine and he picked up the phone, discussing about medicine. When he talk of it, I heard him mention the name Gin, I have strong suspicion he was connected to B.O. After I bought and went home, I ask Heiji by phone to check up on Sam and yesterday Heiji told me about it after he gather information in Tokyo. I ask him not to tell you before I have right information, but I didn't expected you will involve in kidnapping.'

'I'm fine, but I will ask Heiji come down here one day and plan to interrogate him about it,' Conan said, crossing his arms.

'You get the chance,' Agasa said, headed to his car as they heard the sirens fading away around the corner, entering his car. Conan looked at him suspiciously, but watched at the side mirror as the car started and began to drive.

No wonder Heiji avoiding to talk the topic as he look strange when he come to visit us in my agency three days ago. Conan thought, as he looked out at the window, spotted Aito waving her hand at him in farewell, he waved back. He wished one day he can bring down organization, if there is opportunity he would do it and he won't be only one taking it down. He already rescue a girl in a chase, but it wasn't easy for him and it does not affect his plan, someday Heiji and Conan will defeat Black Organization one day with lending hands.