Detective Conan World
Stopwatch

Ayumi Kidnapping Case #2 (File 775-777)

Is it out in English yet...??

No

I think one of the bigger problems at the moment is where Sera's run off to, she wasn't in a single panel this file...

She'll probably reappear in the final file of this case. I wonder if she witnessed the break in at all? Maybe she will find Okiya's bugs if she barges in Agasa's house later.

And you reckon after 252? Hm... maybe during the Ramen case, wasn't Agasa's house empty then 'cause everyone was at the place where that murder happened? Of course, Okiya could have just placed it when he was invited into the house at some point, though I don't think this is as likely.

He could have planted them earlier, but wasn't listening at the time.

Well, I doubt the criminals were after the rug because they wrapped up a coffee stained Ayumi in it.

Also, since it's pretty clear who slapped Genta, I took that question down and will replace it with a better question when I think of one.

Unofficial question 2: Who slapped Genta?

Haibara (7 votes [63.64%])

Ayumi (3 votes [27.27%])

He slapped himself (1 votes [9.09%])

There is a garrote hidden in the scarf.

Also the poll has been changed temporarily.

Even as Akai he wasn't one for showing much neck. Honestly I wonder if he has some scar or mark there. Maybe burns?

Naa, he just looks cool in his clothes, maybe he prefers that stile

Time to swap out a question now that we have suspects for the two people and all.

It is pretty obvious they were after the rug. Haibara even said the coffee would come right out in the wash, Agasa noted the rug was unstained indicating it was switched, and Conan stared right at it when pointing out the real aim was not the cat, Ayumi, or the vase. I have had a bad experience with coffee stains that didn't come out easily, but maybe the rug-nappers have a better technique than mine so they didn't care about getting coffee on the rug?

I would have changed another one of questions to ask about Sera and Okiya's aid/interference later, but technically the people in the car haven't been revealed, and although it is easy to guess that the culprits were after the rug, Conan hasn't officially said so. I wish four questions were allowed...

Old poll results (775)

Official question 1: Who are the shadowpeople in the car?

Random criminals of the week (10)

Black Organization (7)

Someone else (3)

FBI (1)

CIA (0)

Friends of Akai (0)

Friends of Sera (0)

Police (0)

Official question 3: Why was Ayumi kidnapped?

People targetting Haibara messed up (As in their only goal was capturing Haibara) (11)

Hostage for ransom (3)

They think she saw/knows something and want to question her (3)

Another reason (2)

Her blood grants immortality (1)

She wasn't kidnapped, she chased after the people who hit Agasa on her own (0)

She saw the perps' faces, so they are going to dispose of her. (1)

Magicbulletgirl special: Okiya's outfit....

It's OK. :) (6)

I rather like it. :D (3)

Meh. :| (2)

He should borrow Ai's clothes. (1)

Not a fan. :( (0)

Fashion disaster, should be burned. D: (0)

Cool, Okiya knows that Conan and Ai know about the BO now! I love plot <3

We can rule out the father-son duo as the culprits, right? I personally doubt that Agasa would have talked extensively about Ai and her friends to them, since Agasa didn't like them and ran them out and such.

hurm... i'll say the couple with magnifying glass kidnapped ayumi.

"they didn't touch the vase and painstakingly observe the vase" or something like that.... doing that, they should be very experienced item appraiser. however, they couldn't tell the price. all i can think was they were just trying to ask the questions to Agasa while pretending to observe the vase. Of course Agasa blurt out everything about D.B as they have really friendly gestures e.g"take it to a real appraiser","beware of those who would strike down the price". the motive, i believe, has something to do with Eri. something to do with law. reason i dont choose the first two sister is, they said their legs are gonna sleep. i think they come through bus or subway or cab. nor the father and son. one very simple reason is they were wearing glasses. they cant wear glass and ski mask together right? and they were being quite 'polite' in the sense that they gave Ayumi water and asked her 'you still can breathe right?'. the third reason is because agasa would never tell off anything of haibara to these kind of rude people. and based on the conversation between agasa and the father and son, it takes mostly around 10 minutes or so, so there is no way they could gather information of that sort that quick. Okiya is not related to this case. but i bet the Okiya scene would bring a major arc :D

I went for "criminals of the week", therefore, the next option I chose was "to do something else in Agasa's house while they were away" (I thought about "To take the vase/something else and trick Agasa about their goal" for a while, though) to explain why Ayumi was abducted. The following was just a random thought, I have no deduction here. Everything in this case sounds odd, really odd, I wish it could be clear a little bit after washing my face but ... no, it didn't help. Too many questions for a single kidnapping case, really, Gosho's teasing on fans again.

I went for "criminals of the week", therefore, the next option I chose was "to do something else in Agasa's house while they were away" (I thought about "To take the vase/something else and trick Agasa about their goal" for a while, though) to explain why Ayumi was abducted. The following was just a random thought, I have no deduction here. Everything in this case sounds odd, really odd, I wish it could be clear a little bit after washing my face but ... no, it didn't help. Too many questions for a single kidnapping case, really, Gosho's teasing on fans again.

Yeah, it's pretty complicated. About the only way I can make it make sense is to assume the criminals are one of the pairs of appraisers who wanted to steal one of Agasa's items (the rug). The problem with just going in, stunning Agasa, and taking it is that suspicion will naturally first fall on the appraisers who visited Agasa. Therefore, the pair had to come up with some other plan to try to steal the rug without Agasa realizing it, and make it look like random, unknown people were the culprits to avoid placing suspicion on themselves. Not wanting to actually kill anyone, they came up with this strange plan involving a desperate lost cat search in order to take the genuine rug and plant a fake rug so nobody will realize that the goal all along was the rug. If they just took the rug and Ayumi, then dumped Ayumi without the rug, it would be easier to realize that the cat thing was just some excuse they made up.

Regarding which pair are the culprits, I think the middle aged couple are the baddies.

If Agasa is going to talk to anyone about his schedule, kids, and stuff, this topic would be most natural for a middle aged couple. The young girls might find it weird and the father son team made Agasa angry so pleasantries are unlikely.

In terms of their investigation methods, the middle aged couple not touching the pot is weird because makers marks are often placed on the bottom. The girl pair didn't seem very professional, like they didn't know what they were doing. The father son team did seem to know what they were doing though they didn't bring a magnifying glass, but they didn't accept Agasa's offer to buy the rug and the vase at 50000 yen (~$615 USD). I don't think the culprits would bother to stage a kidnapping for a rug worth less than that.

Finally the middle aged couple also suggested that Agasa take the vase to a real appraiser which would get him out of the house, but also not show it to anyone else, perhaps because they are worried someone might mention the rug. The way the father son team reacted to Agasa's offer, I bet they knew the value of the carpet, but they walked out on it. They also joked about how "people without an eye for these things are sad", which would most certainly goad Agasa into trying harder to get a good evaluation, not the reaction thieves would want. The girl duo didn't mention the rug at all.

• Upvote 1

Or maybe they want to frame Agasa. Kidnapping Ayumi is unintentional, probably they wish not to add next crime and they use the cover story, creating more time to switch the rug with theirs. I think they don't mind coffee stain, it seems they want to make a scene in Agasa's house as to create story for a rug. I think there's second case following this one, it's likely they want to create a scene and timeframe in certain place as accident or case has happen in their home, I guess.

@Chekhov MacGuffin: What you've said about the middle-aged couple is certainly reasonable (as ever). After reading your explanation, I nodded as most of your wall-of-text readers have been doing. Actually I weighed a whathisname's suggestion of Sera being the one who asked Hakase about Haibara for a while, then I dropped it because yours is more likely to happen. In comparision with those young women and father-and-son gang, that husband and wife had more chance to gossip about an unacquainted/absent little girl without being noticed as awkward. It amused me when they refered to Haibara as Hakase's daughter, not grandaughter. (just a random thought). There are at least two paralell annoying yet irresistible mysteries are running here, which I'm not sure if they have crossed, and when. 1-The kidnapping fuss 2-Sera's investigation + Okiya's supervision. Gosho has used Hakase's well-known absent-mindedness to 1-leave a hint 2-make a tangle of the ball of wool.

In any case, I couldn't help thinking about "the start of something new". This is, probably, just an hors-d'oeuvre from Gosho.

I think Sera side with Conan and Haibara. According to latest news, Gosho wish Okiya and Sera involve and somehow the case is about robbery without side story. I want to see side story, but I'm looking forward to see the case with Heiji.

watching the second part 776 file

i conclude to this decision

that the aim of kidnapping was neither to challenge or target ayumi or agasa or haibara but its related to person who is from a rich family i think this going to be a interestig case and this time too sera appeared

whats up with sera????????

i think she knows somethings fishy with the shinichi villa

OMG! wats okiya doing in shinchi house and wats the aim of those persons

the case isn't so straight forward as it seems

also why the kidnappers took care of ayumi and then why did they change their voice using helium gas

\actually they helped ayumi and also disguised as kid does always wile robbing

BUT i think the aim is there conan is the actual target this time but its not the BO for sure as conan says

also ran's mother has somthing to do with it

and come to think of it

sera with pace she is travelling to fnd the true identity (thats wat i think is sear's aim) as i doubt if she is doubting conan to be as shinichi kudo

all question to be answered in the nest file 777

wait for that file and wats going in the mind of sera

wait for file 777 of 25/5/11

This is the first time I heard about earprints. Do you happen to know if they actually work? Are they as useful as fingerprints? And yessssss >"< "The Adventure of the CardBoard Box" *shivers*

This is the first time I heard about earprints. Do you happen to know if they actually work? Are they as useful as fingerprints? And yessssss >"< "The Adventure of the CardBoard Box" *shivers*

Well, there is research money going into ears and ear prints, so forensics people are apparently trying to find out.

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/ID00004_4.html

http://www.forensic-evidence.com/site/ID/IDearCamera.html

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the links. That was awesome.

I have a feeling that Conan managed to threat/scare the culprits whose forensic science knowledge is not above his. :lol: And this is not the first time. I don't remember the last time we heard this catch-phrase of his "Edogawa Conan, tanteisa" B) cliche.

Gosho seems to do a lot of research :D

now that the file is released we know that the culprit were one of the persons who just met professor and they were the couple also their intention was to rob that rug which was no normal rug but a persian rug which is very unique and also very costly ( was specified that it may cost upto 5 million yen ) and also the couple sending the message of finding the cat and also the cat of eri matches with the one and also kidnapping ayumi was all just sdteal that rug and this was come to know by when he heard that ayumi was tanken in same rug and the hood and ear had coffee marks than the rug should have too but that was missing

About sera:-

the culprits mistakenly zoomed in and noticed Ai but what about sera why did she had pic of haibara

i think sera is keping a watch on conan , she was sexy in her bikini form :mrgreen: but i thuink the intentions of sera are not good about conan

I doubt some where that she is one of the spy on BO?

lets see in next maga series would she appear again? and whats the next case ?