Detective Conan World
Akazora

Read Any Good Books Lately?

Well, who says they really do? I'd be willing to bet half of them don't and act like it either under the pressure of their peers, parents, or both. Draco's life was ruined once Voldemort came back and despite how he acted I honestly believe he wasn't truly on Voldemort's side. You know that time with the fiendfyre? I reread it and he didn't fire a single spell. Not one. So I think he's a good guy. (and I shall support DraMione 4ever... <- DraMione= Only reason I still like HP, even if it only exists in the fan world. :P I'm Slytherin, a Draco fan and proud of it! ;D)

Eh... I see flaws in my reasoning now xD Let's just say this: It's because their parents support Voldemort, and they're pressured into acting like meanies :3 Haha, I just support all the couples that ended up together in the end of Harry Potter :P I always like the couples that actually end up together in the plot... that's with every book/movie/show.

Eh... I see flaws in my reasoning now xD Let's just say this: It's because their parents support Voldemort, and they're pressured into acting like meanies :3 Haha, I just support all the couples that ended up together in the end of Harry Potter :P I always like the couples that actually end up together in the plot... that's with every book/movie/show.

There is like- no series where I support all of the couples. In DC, out of 'the main three', I only like ShinRan. In HP, only HarryGinny. In Hunger Games, I dislike Peeta. In Death Note, I wanted MelloXNear, etc. etc. I'm usually not a canon person. :P

There is like- no series where I support all of the couples. In DC, out of 'the main three', I only like ShinRan. In HP, only HarryGinny. In Hunger Games, I dislike Peeta. In Death Note, I wanted MelloXNear, etc. etc. I'm usually not a canon person. :P

I agree. I mean, it's kinda sweet but I prefer Gale much more...

I read Scorpia Rising. Not too bad of an ending to a great series, though I must say the plot is rather repetitive. I think it was a good book, mainly since Alex and MI6 got foiled like...2 dozen times finally. I also read I Am Number Four. Bit too focused on romance for my taste, but not too bad overall.

I read Scorpia Rising. Not too bad of an ending to a great series, though I must say the plot is rather repetitive. I think it was a good book, mainly since Alex and MI6 got foiled like...2 dozen times finally. I also read I Am Number Four. Bit too focused on romance for my taste, but not too bad overall.

Yea, it wasn't as epic as I wished it would be xP And I thought I Am Number Four was actually pretty good xD Except the ending was sad :(

(And I think Peeta's a crazy git :3 Gale would've been better >:DDD One exception to my rule of liking only canon pairings)

Totally. I think it's a better pairing.

(And I think Peeta's a crazy git :3 Gale would've been better >:DDD One exception to my rule of liking only canon pairings)

I think so too! Gale is awesome!

Yea, it wasn't as epic as I wished it would be xP And I thought I Am Number Four was actually pretty good xD Except the ending was sad :(

I was so sad when Jack died...my friend heard that Alex's best friend died and thought that it was referring to Tom so that's who I thought was going to be bombed...but turns out it was Jack. :(

I Am Number Four was, as I like to put romance, too mushy, gushy, cheesy, and romantic. Okay, maybe not that bad (I said these exact same words when I watched Princess Bride), but still. Too much romance for my taste.

Peeta is...meh. I like Gale better.

I was so sad when Jack died...my friend heard that Alex's best friend died and thought that it was referring to Tom so that's who I thought was going to be bombed...but turns out it was Jack. :(

I Am Number Four was, as I like to put romance, too mushy, gushy, cheesy, and romantic. Okay, maybe not that bad (I said these exact same words when I watched Princess Bride), but still. Too much romance for my taste.

Peeta is...meh. I like Gale better.

Right? I wanted to shoot something when I read that Jack died... except I was in Barnes and Noble so... that wouldn't have worked out well xDDD

I Am Number Four... Yea, half of the book was just like... John/Four ranting on and on about how pretty Sarah was -.- Not as much action as I would've liked :P

Peeta doesn't have enough "fire" in him. Katniss said that she needed someone like him but then he'll be constantly quenching the fire that she has... and she won't be as awesomely violent as she should be >:B

Right? I wanted to shoot something when I read that Jack died... except I was in Barnes and Noble so... that wouldn't have worked out well xDDD

I Am Number Four... Yea, half of the book was just like... John/Four ranting on and on about how pretty Sarah was -.- Not as much action as I would've liked :P

Peeta doesn't have enough "fire" in him. Katniss said that she needed someone like him but then he'll be constantly quenching the fire that she has... and she won't be as awesomely violent as she should be >:B

LOL...wait, I was in Barnes and Noble when I read that as well... :blink: I dislike the excessive amount of coincidences we have...

Exactly.

Peeta's okay but Gale is much better. I hated majorly disliked the last book though...too confusing. I didn't even understand the transition between the second and third book, much less the changes in the third book.

You guys just spoiled that AR book for me... Jack, huh? *sigh* Well, I guess I'll still read it when I get the chance...

So, you have all said half of the books I was thinking of :lol: but I don't think you've mentioned this series called 'The Last Dragon Chronicles', I'm currently reading 'Fire World' which is set in a parallel universe to the rest of the series so it's a bit like reading a really good AU fic...

You guys just spoiled that AR book for me... Jack, huh? *sigh* Well, I guess I'll still read it when I get the chance...

So, you have all said half of the books I was thinking of :lol: but I don't think you've mentioned this series called 'The Last Dragon Chronicles', I'm currently reading 'Fire World' which is set in a parallel universe to the rest of the series so it's a bit like reading a really good AU fic...

O.O Gomen...I forgot to think about that...

LOL...wait, I was in Barnes and Noble when I read that as well... :blink: I dislike the excessive amount of coincidences we have...

Exactly.

Peeta's okay but Gale is much better. I hated majorly disliked the last book though...too confusing. I didn't even understand the transition between the second and third book, much less the changes in the third book.

Yeah, the third book was kinda... bad... I was confused with like, all the transitions xDDD I don't even get what happened after the whole thing where Katniss shoots the wrong person :P

Yeah, the third book was kinda... bad... I was confused with like, all the transitions xDDD I don't even get what happened after the whole thing where Katniss shoots the wrong person :P

My reaction:

*reads*

Me: Whoa, whoa, wait, when did she get to District 13? :blink:

*continues*

Me: Wait...Prim died? When? WHere? How? Huh? :huh:

*continues*

Me: You're saying he killed him? What? That doesn't fit together...

*continues*

Me: Wait, wait, wait, he died? O.o I thought he was still alive...

*continues*

Me: ...How in the world can Katniss get away with that?

*ends*

Me: Well, at least I got something out of that...

At the end I didn't get what happened to Katniss psychologically...it's like the author just randomly decided to suck out all of the emotion in her...

My reaction:

*reads*

Me: Whoa, whoa, wait, when did she get to District 13? :blink:

*continues*

Me: Wait...Prim died? When? WHere? How? Huh? :huh:

*continues*

Me: You're saying he killed him? What? That doesn't fit together...

*continues*

Me: Wait, wait, wait, he died? O.o I thought he was still alive...

*continues*

Me: ...How in the world can Katniss get away with that?

*ends*

Me: Well, at least I got something out of that...

At the end I didn't get what happened to Katniss psychologically...it's like the author just randomly decided to suck out all of the emotion in her...

Haha yeah, I had the same reactions as you xDDDD I didn't realize it was Prim until later on when Katniss was grieving over all the people that died. Then I was like... SINCE WHEN DID PRIMROSE DIE?!?!?!?!?! Then I reread it and realized what happened :P I think this book would be better if it was a movie or something... You could actually see what's happening, which is easier than trying to picture it xD

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe!!!!! >:3 Last Thursday, my father bought the first five (out of six) books of the Earth's Children serie!!! ^_^ I'm still reading the first one, and it's GREAT!!! :D At first I thought it'd be a boring book, but then I tried and it was GREAT!!! :D Hehe, no book have ever made me smile that much! ^_^ I think it's at least at my top three list of best books ever!! :P

Just finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and loved it! Started reading China Lake by Meg Gardiner and honestly, I couldn't get myself to read over 50 pages of it :-|

Now re-reading The Murder of Roger Ackroyd to get myself psyched :rolleyes:

Never read Watership Down. It's the WORST bunny book ever... so boring... ugh... took me over a month to finish reading it -.- But Animal Farm is interesting :3

Never read Watership Down. It's the WORST bunny book ever... so boring... ugh... took me over a month to finish reading it -.- But Animal Farm is interesting :3

Ah Animal Farm... I read it for fun one year, had it as an assignment two years later, and another year later(this year), it's another assignment. But anyway, Napoleon=one messed up little porker.

I'm currently reading:

-Crookedstar's Promise (I just got it from my friend today)

-False Impression by...Jeffery Archer (this mystery book)

-Japanese Tales of Mysteries and Imagination by Edogawa Rampo (it has like these short stories that he wrote)

-Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

Mangas:

-Inuyasha Vol.50

-Cardcaptor Sakura Vol.4

-Bleach Vol.3

-V.B Rose Vol.8

-Fushigi Yugi: Genbu Kaiden Vol.3

-Waiting for Conan chapter 787

-Dragon Drive Vol.4

-Whistle Vol.2

(I'm not actually READING these but I'm currently on them and I will soon)

Just finished:

-The Gift (2nd book from the Witches and Wizards series) by James Patterson

And for I Am Number Four, he's writing another book called The Power of Six, the second in the series.

And Primrose dies??? When? Where? How? (sorry I'm asking the same questions as IU-chan, but..)

And yeah, The Hunger Games series gets worse each book...I didn't really like the third...