Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
conanshinichi

Detective Conan Wikia Theft

Title sez it all. Like the Genta picture (uploaded by me, I took the picture by photoscreen) and the Conan Picture, that was originally uploaded by Fox9aj7 on 11:39, 20 April 2011 and Detective Conan Wikia Have an exact copy of it and was posted 08:53, March 9, 2011 obviously we were before them and the Shinichi and Ran Picture which which we posted on 02:48, 7 January 2010 and they stole it on 08:43, May 25, 2011.

So what are we gonna do?

In essence. is that even considered theft from us? I mean, DC characters aren't ours, not to mention, you put those on the wiki. :\ Besides, how sure are you that he just didn't create the same screencap? hmm..

In essence. is that even considered theft from us? I mean, DC characters aren't ours, not to mention, you put those on the wiki. :\ Besides, how sure are you that he just didn't create the same screencap? hmm..

Because it is exactly the same, We took the picture, We done the work taking the picture, anyways a similar Wiki had another wiki steal some screenshots from a game, and they still done something about it.

Title sez it all. Like the Genta picture (uploaded by me, I took the picture by photoscreen) and the Conan Picture, that was originally uploaded by Fox9aj7 on 11:39, 20 April 2011 and Detective Conan Wikia Have an exact copy of it and was posted 08:53, March 9, 2011 obviously we were before them and the Shinichi and Ran Picture which which we posted on 02:48, 7 January 2010 and they stole it on 08:43, May 25, 2011.

So what are we gonna do?

Nothing, I am pretty sure. Both sites are wikis and I am guessing follow close to the same set of rules, (That wikia follows the "Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0". Ours isn't clearly stated but mentions Wikipedia's "GNU Free Documentation License".) so basically one wiki can copy the text and pictures of another. We can copy Wikipedia's text and take their pictures freely, provided we also keep the information about the sourcing intact. Conan pictures, screenshots, and like don't belong to either wiki; they belong to Gosho and publishers/anime distributors, and we are borrowing them on a fair use basis as reference. It doesn't matter who uploads them where, they're all Aoyama' and friends' stuff, and both wikis are borrowing from them.

I've taken pictures from the German wiki for this wiki. I asked ahead of time to be nice, but I didn't have to. It's just the way wikis work. We can take their pictures too, and even copy their text or templates.

If you want you can go over to that wiki and edit the info under the picture to say it was originally uploaded here.

• Upvote 2