Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Downfall of the Syndicate Chapter 18

Yukiko, now realizing that something had gone terribly wrong, relied on her acting skills to control the situation, although that didn’t seem to work well either.~Tacticalwolf

“That was amazing you two! I didn’t think you guys were going to start working on practice script I gave you so soon!”

Yukiko was trying to cover up the misunderstanding, and she could tell it had something to do with them talking separate from the whole cast, but she just wasn’t exactly sure what happened so she needed to be as indirect as possible.

“Anyways you three continue practice later at home ok?” she asked with a smile.

Shiho, noticing Yukiko and how she was trying to change everything around, went along with it quickly.

“Thank you Kudo-kun, Mouri-san. You both were a great help in my practice. I can’t wait to finish up practice later. We can all go to Yukiko-san’s hotel room to finish alright?” she had a light smile on, as if nothing had happened.

Ran and Shinichi hesitantly went along with it. They wanted the whole thing to be over with so as not to have to fret until they finished talking it out, but they knew that then and there was not the right place to discuss all of this.

When things had cooled down, and the shooting was over, as they had decided earlier, they gathered in Yukiko and Yuusaku’s hotel room.

“Now then, please, please, talk it out amongst yourselves, and if you need us, we’ll be outside the room ok?” asked Yukiko worriedly.

“We understand,” said Shiho curtly, “and thank you for the help.”

The two adults left the three young adults to set everything straight.

“Now then, Kudo-kun, it’s time we sorted this all out,” said Shiho.

He nodded his head slowly, and Ran prepared herself. She felt that something would go horribly wrong for her.

“Shinichi, let’s start with your feelings towards Ran.”

He nodded again but didn’t speak.

“You said you were going to propose to her soon, but that was before you knew who I was. After you found out who I was, you faltered. You say you love me, but I’m not sure that is your true feelings.”

He jolted slightly. He was hoping that maybe she was right, and that she would have an explanation for this mayhem.

“You might only have these feelings because I disappeared on you. Now that you’ve seen me again, after believing I was dead for such a long time… you mistook those feelings of joy and relief, for feelings of love,” she explained. “That is possibility one.”

Ran’s stomach lurched when Shiho said it was only a possibility, and that the way she said it seemed like there was more.

Shinichi only sat silently, soaking in the words.

“Possibility number two, is that you really do love me, but also love Ran. You have feelings for both of us and are torn between the two. You don’t know who you love more. Since you were able to talk more freely with me when we were… children, you were able to say your feelings to me easier than saying them to Ran.”

When no one said anything, she continued with the third possibility. “And lastly, you might not love Ran like you thought you did, and have truly fallen for me. You might love Ran as your childhood friend, or like a sister or something, but you couldn’t fallen for me for real. Now, I don’t know which is true, but it is one of these options. You need to think hard and sort out your own feelings. During this time, Ran and I will wait in a separate room. You must think it over and come to us when you have sorted yourself out. Understand?”

He nodded his head. He was still wrapping his mind around the three possibilities, and it seemed like it would take him a long while to figure everything out.

Shiho headed towards the door with Ran. “We’ll be in Ran’s hotel room.”

He nodded his head. ~Tacticalwolf

When the door clicked shut, Shinichi fell back onto the bed.

Everything was mind boggling, and he had no clue what to do about it. It was driving him insane. He had thought he had a grasp on his emotions, but this whole thing was just driving him insane. He didn’t know black from white, love from hate. He couldn’t do it. His mind was turning completely blank just trying to figure it out.

Inside Ran’s room, Shiho, Ran, Yukiko, and Yuusaku sat in silence.

After two hours passed, the door suddenly clicked open as Shinichi walked in.

Everyone stood up, and waited for him to speak.

Slowly, Shinichi walked over to Ran and hugged her.

As they hugged, her eyes widened, and slowly Shinichi released her.

Shiho had a smile on her face. “I’m glad you chose Ran. You two should be together.”

Ran turned to Shiho with a sad and heartbroken smile on her face as a few tears streamed down her cheeks. “You’re wrong. He chose you after whispering in my ear, ‘I’m Sorry.’”

Shiho’s eyes widened.

Shinichi then turned to her and said, “It took me a long time. I… I wasn’t sure exactly what my feelings were. I thought back to a long time ago, before you faked your death. I thought about how I felt then when different events occurred. I noticed how the way I acted towards Ran had changed, and how the way I acted towards you changed as well. Possibility three. That’s what my feelings are. I love you, Shiho. To me, Ran is only my friend, but you’ve become a much bigger part of my life than I would ever have expected. You’re the one I want beside me.”

Ran nodded with a sad smile. She seemed to have known it from long before, and had always hoped it wasn’t true. She had already come to terms with herself. She had prepared for the time when Shinichi would truly leave her.

Shinichi wasn’t hers, and she didn’t want him to be her possession. She wanted his love, but knew it was hers to have. He was Shiho’s.

Hesitantly, Shinichi walked towards her, and tilted her chin up to look her in the eyes.

“Shiho,” he started slowly, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Shinichi,” she whispered. ~Tacticalwolf

A warm feeling shot through both of them as they brought their lips together gently, the soft electricity becoming an unforgettable memory.

~Kiel95

Ok everyone, I hope you enjoyed the final chapter... <3

Yay~ That was an awesome chapter. The very last sentence was a great one and left me feeling satisfied, even if I'd prefer Ran to be with Shinichi.

I kept forgetting which line I was up to since it kinda looks like it's two big paragraphs (so maybe the fact that my sibling being very annoying was part of the problem, but anyway...)

It was a great ending to an awesome story 088.gif

Yay~ That was an awesome chapter. The very last sentence was a great one and left me feeling satisfied, even if I'd prefer Ran to be with Shinichi.

I kept forgetting which line I was up to since it kinda looks like it's two big paragraphs (so maybe the fact that my sibling being very annoying was part of the problem, but anyway...)

It was a great ending to an awesome story 088.gif

hahahaha thnx XD

i know it looks like blurbed paragraphs... but i'm too lazy to go back and indent every single paragraph and so many of the sentences are long XD

THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING THE STORY KK!!!! It's amazing!Although I felt that it was a bit rushed, it is still wonderful and I love the last sentence before you sign your alias.

THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING THE STORY KK!!!! It's amazing!Although I felt that it was a bit rushed, it is still wonderful and I love the last sentence before you sign your alias.

sorry if it is a bit rushed... i did it within 30 min... as you know, i've postponed it for over 3 months... so i had to sit down and mentally slap myself everytime my mind wandered... so this was what i was able to come up with as my mind tried to avoid working on this... if i think of a way to edit it and make it better, i will ^^

Good Job on this story!m087.gif You really are talented! I'm glad that you're a ShinShi/ConAi...m121.gif Hope I'll be reading more of your stories...m015.gif You're the Man!m123.gif

Good Job on this story!m087.gif You really are talented! I'm glad that you're a ShinShi/ConAi...m121.gif Hope I'll be reading more of your stories...m015.gif You're the Man!m123.gif

erm... in this case, i'm actually 'the woman' ^^

18 chapters and I'VE READ THEM ALL, one after the other, there is that "something" in your writings that attracts readers into the story, usually some stories get boring as they get longer and deeper, but with u, its not like that at all... it gets more intersting GREAT JOB, keep writing moooooooore, its a pleaure to read ur work

thanks for sharing.

18 chapters and I'VE READ THEM ALL, one after the other, there is that "something" in your writings that attracts readers into the story, usually some stories get boring as they get longer and deeper, but with u, its not like that at all... it gets more intersting GREAT JOB, keep writing moooooooore, its a pleaure to read ur work

thanks for sharing.

Thnx <3 I try my best! (I only regret that i'm too lazy to go back and edit... i mean, i'm one of those ppl that loves my work when i first write it... then see how much better it could be if i took the time to fix it up xD)

Hahahaha, yeah writing is usually atleast 3 stages, first draft which has the basic idea of the story, second draft a bit more organised, and final edit is were all the fixin' is done and finished. And what i think is, your stories are great and are "edit worthy" the content itself has a nice plot, and I'm sure if you get time to just add slight twinkles it will become super perfect :)

But I know thinking of it sometimes make you, lazy to do it... anyway story factors are complete here you do not need alot of editing so its fine.

Hahahaha, yeah writing is usually atleast 3 stages, first draft which has the basic idea of the story, second draft a bit more organised, and final edit is were all the fixin' is done and finished. And what i think is, your stories are great and are "edit worthy" the content itself has a nice plot, and I'm sure if you get time to just add slight twinkles it will become super perfect :)

But I know thinking of it sometimes make you, lazy to do it... anyway story factors are complete here you do not need alot of editing so its fine.

hahaha thnx xD

i'm glad there's not much i need to do, cuz i don't feel like doin it... i just came home from a one week cruise... i miss my friends from school since i haven't seen them in like a month, and i miss all the friends i made on the cruise... TT^TT it makes me sad to think i wont be seeing them ever again *sniff*

I noticed some similarities between Shiho's disappearance from Shinichi and Shinichi's disappearance from Ran.

really? hrm... never really thought about it like that... i never analyzed the disappearances becuz, as you can see, i'm a major shinshi/aicon, i dont give a **** what happened or happens to Ran as long as it doesnt include shinichi xD

thanks everyone!!! it's been so long since i read comments it's nice to know that people actually still ready it xD

i'm used to my stories soon disappearing into the abyss of the stories section so i thought they wouldn't be read again ^^; i mean, i remember when there was only one page to the story section... i think i was the one who pushed it to the second with my Downfall Of The Syndicate chapters xD

anyways everyone, THANK YOU!!!

thanks guys :) thing is, i do love to write fanfictions, and i have thousands of ideas... but currently i'm working on some original pieces so it's a bit harder to find teh time for fanfics... but i'll think about writing some more soon :D