Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

Pocket watch and Clock tower case (762-764): Vote for the culprit!

Pocket watch and Clock tower case (762-764?): Vote for the culprit!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who attacked Hoshina Rukako?

• The butler Oume Gakumichi (42)
    • Architect Karube Teigo (45)
    • Interior designer Suou Chiaki (39)
    • Clockmaker Furugaki Rinsaku (64)
    • It was a suicide
    • It was an accident
    • Multiple suspects were involved
    • Someone else
    • Hakuba, who wanted his pocket watch back

Yeah, I reckon it's either the architect or the woman for the reasons listed in this thread. Although I do find it extremely weird that there are four suspects and some red herrings in this case, it's very unusual for Gosho to break from his normal three suspect murder case. Perhaps it's leading up to something? What does everyone else think?

LOL! Yeah, Gosho's usual cases always with 3 suspects... 3 is the least usual. Because if there're two ->

Person 1: It's not me 014.gif... so it can only be you df13952b.gif.

Person 2: Liar! It's not me... it's YOU 4d6161fd.gif!

The one who is not lying would know that the other is the real culprit ^_^

But I see some of DC cases that has only one suspect... but lack of evidence :P~

Umm... this certainly is interesting. I think it's only a change of habit ^_^

But I also think... if this case were to have only 3 suspects... it would be more easier to guess.

There was a time when there were lots of cases with 4 suspects, I guess you can say Gosho is somehow going back to the basics with this case : 4 suspects, a client, some blood...This case just feels like the good old ones to me. ;)

• Upvote 1

There was a time when there were lots of cases with 4 suspects, I guess you can say Gosho is somehow going back to the basics with this case : 4 suspects, a client, some blood...This case just feels like the good old ones to me. ;)

Same here. That's what I had in mind, too, but... I had a difficulty in explaining it and writing it down, hehe 154218d4.gif~ Thank you for pointing it out 4412144b.gif.

By the way, you are the same Wakarimashita from DCTP, or am I mistaken :P?

764 spoilers

I cracked up when Kogoro almost fell over the side of the balcony after Conan darted him. Takagi seemed a little too happy giving Megure a necklace made from Conan's glowing watch.

From the pictures, the case solution looks pretty much the same with Akonyl's modification. I still think it would have been better to cut the string with the clock gears because it is more precise and less susceptible to wind and rain triggering it early. That didn't really matter though because the basic design is the same. All in all, I think this was a pretty good case, it was clever and not too easy to solve. It is also the first string trick in a long long time. The last case with a string trick I remember was the Seiran case with Kid back around chapter 547 although Fuurinkazan might count if you consider tying the notebook to the electrified overhead lines a string trick.

I liked this case, but the trick was too complicated...We haven't had something like that for a while indeed. It reminds me of the trick used by the culprit in episodes 132-134.

Complicated cases are always fun to try out...icon_e_ugeek.gif

Hahah... It really wouldn't surprise me if checkov is a PI. And yay!!! The Aoyama we've been longing Τ☺ see again is back! Coz since the case after the 'hound of bakerville', all the cases were shallow and the story plots are lame.

I definitely agree that this is one of the best of the most recent ones. Looks like returning to the old style was a good choice for Aoyama. Although if next file turns out to be another DB case... :(