Detective Conan World
Bear

Movie 14: Lost Ship in the Sky

How did you find movie 14?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find movie 14

• Brilliant! Arguably the best DC movie to date!
    • The movie was fantastic! Definitely one of my favorites.
    • The movie was great!
    • It was good...
    • It was alright. [Neutral]
    • the movie wasn't so good. Meh.
    • The movie was bad and disappointing.
    • The movie was horrible! I hated it!
    • The worst DC movie to date....PERIOD!

I LOVED IT! IT WAS SOOOO AMAZING! HOLY! I wasn't even expecting anything like this! There were sooo much exciting scenes! And so many good twists too! The Ran - Kaito plot device was brilliantly executed and the CGI, sound effects, music were great! Though I honestly didn't like the "sky deck" battle scene. Arguably best movie to date! 9/10

Well, for my part, I really disliked the movie. I respect other opinion, but my review will be quite... negative.

The story is a mess with the last act being a big joke. To make a movie of 1h42 with a microscopic story, they filled the movie with almost one hour of action scenes and a permanent overuse of Conan gadgets.

The story doesn't work, the atmosphere doesn't work either (there wasn't a single moment the direction allowed me to be afraid for the characters), some moments of the movie were useless and the fan-service is over-present the whole movie.

At least the music score was good and I love the ending song Overdrive.

I love most of Conan's movies but, to me, this one is the only one I think of as bad, really bad (movies 1, 6 and 11, even if I don't really like them, have their moments). There's almost nothing in it.

Well, for my part, I really disliked the movie. I respect other opinion, but my review will be quite... negative.

The story is a mess with the last act being a big joke. To make a movie of 1h42 with a microscopic story, they filled the movie with almost one hour of action scenes and a permanent overuse of Conan gadgets.

The story doesn't work, the atmosphere doesn't work either (there wasn't a single moment the direction allowed me to be afraid for the characters), some moments of the movie were useless and the fan-service is over-present the whole movie.

At least the music score was good and I love the ending song Overdrive.

I love most of Conan's movies but, to me, this one is the only one I think of as bad, really bad (movie 1, 6 and 11, even if I don't really like them, have their moments). There's almost nothing in it.

I can understand Movie 11. I personally disliked 9, 10 and hated 11 and 13. But I can't understand your hate for 1, 6 and 14. Anyway, I respect your opinion.

I can understand Movie 11. I personally disliked 9, 10 and hated 11 and 13. But I can't understand your hate for 1, 6 and 14. Anyway, I respect your opinion.

Well, I'll try to explain what I think of those movies.

Movie 1: The movie isn't really bad but the story is one of the less interesting of the saga for me. There is no real mystery.

Movie 6: I can't accept the idea of the video game. The idea to bring Conan, Holmes and Jack the Ripper together is fun, but I think that goes too far in science-fiction this time. Détective Conan isn't a realistic series but, in my opinion, there is a limit nevertheless.

And the idea of the billionaire being *** is just too huge for me.

Movie 14: Well, I already explained what I thought of it: bad story, too much gadgets, too much fan-service, action scenes to fill the movie at the place of the story... I didn't even find it entertaining.

I don't hate movies 1, 11 and even 6, I found them entertaining at least. But that wasn't the case of movie 14 which I found boring and which didn't appeal me at all.

so who should I stick to.... 14 rocks or 14 sucks???

watch it and decide :)

The 6th is my personal favourite. BTW,Bear-kun, what were you refering to when you were asking me where I found 'it'?

I was asking how you found the movie Akai. :grin:

Akai, I really hope you didn't read any spoiler or some sort. Because, this movie had some pretty good twists. Anyway, hope you'll like it :razz:. Hopefully, you'll be able to watch it soon.

Akai, I really hope you didn't read any spoiler or some sort. Because, this movie had some pretty good twists. Anyway, hope you'll like it :razz:. Hopefully, you'll be able to watch it soon.

Well, the twists are some points that posed me problem for my part.

HUGE SPOILERS

-After announcing that Ran has a mortal virus... the revelation that there is no virus at all (or how to kill the how little suspense the movie had and to find an easy way to save Ran from the deadly virus without thinking too much about it).

How did Conan understand it ? because, since the beginning, the symptoms made no sense at all, so it was fake. This conclusion is cheap and a big bad joke.

And when all this mess that was just for the stealing of a buddha statue, that's just too much. It was way more realistic in movie 7 and the vilains also didn't have to cause a huge panic to attain their goal.

-The culprits: when it appears that they're all arrested, there's still more. One traitor, then the main vilain, then two traitors... And there is absolutely no element in the movie which could have allowed the spectator to guess that this person is a traitor (except one time, when one character reveals Conan is not amoung the hostages, seemingly afraid).

One of the most sacred detective stories rule is not respected so these twists don't make sense at all.

-Conan being ejected overboard: it only seems to elongate the movie's running time because it has no use at all: Conan returns to the ship in an easy way, with a moment when Sato and Takagi wonder if Shinichi is Kid. Then, at the end, a simple "Eh ?" by Hattori and everything is over. I think that's kind of stupid.

-The kiss Kaito/Ran, just before the credits. Then, post-credit scene, it was a joke. I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh, to be relieved or to think that the movie doesn't respect his public with such a cheap twists.

Well, maybe I overreact but, the first time I have seen the movie, as the spectator, I had the feeling of a bad movie which doesn't respect his audience (with a good story or other things... Everything in this movie was cheap).

As a break from what the series provides, this movie is lots of fun; it might have worked better as an OVA though since how ridiculous the plot becomes in the second half. It's definitely not bad by any means so it's certainly worth at leat two viewings.

I didnt think the plot in Movie 14 was ridiculous. I mean,it could of been a lot worst. I found the plot to be allright.

I think flame's trying to say how ridiculous the climax was in terms of being realisitic. "cough" did not pop "cough". Anyway, how did you find the movie fox?

I've started watching it. It's much better than I expected

The shooting scenes done in this movie may be enjoyable and believable through the DC world standards. But watch out for the sky deck battle scene. It's the only scene I have a problem with *head desk*. Again, The rising climax imo was more enjoyable than the climax itself. But still, GREAT movie! Hope you enjoy it Akai!

Sure, watch out for all those awesome scenes + twists. *cough* window *ahem* I'll let you enjoy the movie *stops posting in this thread for the meantime*

THIS MOVIE IS AMAZING I LOVEEE IT :D its worth all the waiting and excitment,

the music the plot everything was sooo good

Ai was helpful to Conan this time :P, and kid appeared to be really kind although i hated him for the very last part THANX GOD Ran didnt kiss *sigh* ":P

although i felt so sad Shinichi didnt apear in this movie but i still like it ^,^