Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Glass Heart

Cat's Eye

Cat's Eye is a manga by author Tsukasa Hojo (City Hunter, Angel Heart, Family Compo) which runs from 1981 to 1985.

http://sochamphea.bloxode.com/images/121658325641.jpeg

Recently, the Inunari police force is confronted to a mysterious thief, Cat's Eye, who is only interested by paintings of some great names.

Failing to catch Cat's Eye, the young inspector Toshio Utsumi is constantly yelled at by his chief and goes usually to the café Cat's Eye to calm down with the company of Hitomi Kisugi, his girlfriend since high school, and her sisters Rui and Aï (the latter still being an highschooler) who own the business.

Despite the name of the café (which gives him headaches), Toshio doesn't know that the thief he's chasing around the night is non other than the Kisugi sisters.

The three young women, secret daughters of a world-known lost painter, Michael Heinz, steal his works to attract his attention, or at least the attention of people who would know what happened to their father after World War II.

They don't know that their father's disappearance is linked to a vast plot of art contrefactors and that their activities place them in danger of death.

Despite their rivalry, the three sisters know that the clumsy Toshio could help them, consciously or not, to attain their goal.

But Hitomi is troubled by the fact that the dedicated inspector and boyfriend of hers is unknowingly their main source of informations about police activities. Could their love survive to all those lies ? And what will happen once Toshio will finally get an hold on Cat's Eye's face ?

The arrival of new police officers and of a professional rival, the famous thief known as the Rat (in fact a journalist and a sexual pervert), will bring more fun and surprise at this game of hide and seek.

This manga, first long-run series of the famous author Tsukasa Hojo, was adapted in two animated series, the first loosely based on some plots of the manga with the removal of some important characters, the second creating his own plots.

http://japon-mangas-fans.allmyblog.com/images/japon-mangas-fans/3_20080510_153727.jpg

A telefilm and a movie were also created with very little success.

A manga remake (Cat's Eye or Cat's Ai) by author Asai Shin is set to begin at the end of October 2010.

http://nekoden.com/files/2010/09/cats-eyes.jpg

"We'll get you, Mysterious Girls !" ;)

I watched it when I was very young...can hardly remember three sisters' names now lol

Hitomi, Rui and Ai Kisugi.

But I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think a lot of countries had broadcast it (I fact, I only know about japanese, french and german dubs).

Hitomi, Rui and Ai Kisugi.

But I'm a bit surprised. I didn't think a lot of countries had broadcast it (I fact, I only know about japanese, french and german dubs).

Since China locates very close to Japan,millions of kids in my generation grew up with Jap animes.

So dont forget us :)

Since China locates very close to Japan,millions of kids in my generation grew up with Jap animes.

So dont forget us :)

Ah, you're chinese. Okay, I understand now. ;)

I'm a big fan of Tsukasa Hojo's works (especially City Hunter and Family Compo), so I've naturally discovered the Cat's Eye manga and anime (I like both, even if I prefer the manga). Really fun ! And Aï is so funny ! lol !

By the way, it's not very well known but the end of the manga Cat's Eye (which was absent from the anime) was actually adapted in recent years for a video game. We can see a few parts at the end of the video game trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kER7OwnI1J0&feature=player_embedded