Detective Conan World
Chekhov MacGuffin

General Black Organization Discussion

If you are looking for specific Black Organization topics, see these:

Black Organization's true plan (Speculation on what is the goal of the Black Organization.)
Itakura's computer program
Night Baron Virus
APTX 4869
Are the Magic Kaito Organization and Detective Conan Black Organization the same?
How will Shinichi/Conan beat the Black Organization?
Why both the FBI and CIA are separately involved with the Black Organization
Why is the Black Organization "Black"?
The probable ending you would give each Organization member

For individual members of the Organization, see the Thread Reference Guide.

Anyway, I wanted to kick start some discussion since there has been a pretty dramatic lull in manga stuff. Here are three to start, feel free to add your own.

Why do you all think the Black Organization focuses on getting people into entertainment (Kir, Vermouth) when science and computer stuff is more of their end goal? Why have we not encountered any canon science/tech BO who are infiltrating clean companies?

Why do you think the Black Organization members are confused about Rum's obvious appearance, like whether he is masculine or feminine, old or young, yet everyone knows and agrees about his fake eye?

What do you suspect are the circumstances behind Scotch's death?

• Upvote 5

Thanks SO much for the convenience, Chek!

As for the the first one, I'm not sure. But, I believe the Rum confusion may be due to, as one user put it, the way different members of age see him. And have seen elements of his physical skill, body language, authority, etc.

The third seems to me as if Scotch and Rei had some sort of friendship or something in the SP, possibly, again, as a user suggested, he helped him or guided him after infiltrating the Org. where Rei apparently grew up in. Then, around the time of Shuichi's infiltration, Scotch's true affiliation was found out, and Shuichi was possibly forced to kill him while Rei watched, earning his Rye codename, but Rei swore that he  would never forgive him.

• Upvote 1

Well, I think that the BO has members in entertainment to earn a lot of money, and they may have other benefits as well, as for the RUM confusion, I already explained what I think of it in the RUM thread.

When it comes to Scotch, it might be that Akai knew that he was a spy and told the BO about him, that would explain why Rei hates Akai a lot, but I honestly doubt Akai would do something like that, but who knows, it might as well be like Uncle Sporkums said and that Shuichi was forced to kill him.

I really can't imagine Akai would be so ruthless as to rat out Scotch to deflect suspicions from himself and gain promotion and trust in the BO. I think the circumstances might be similar to what Kir had to do to Akai, except in Scotch's case no one was there to save him. Scotch might have been found out already, and Akai was entangled in some sort of trouble that made the BO suspicious of his loyalty. So maybe Akai was ordered to kill Scotch. (I think this scenario may be unlikely though because Scotch's real name, as Vermouth said, was never found out. This was most likely intentional.)

Another possible scenario is that Amuro was forced to kill Scotch to spare him of the torture he probably would have had to endure so that more intelligence and his real name wouldn't have been leaked. And Akai might have been involved in this as the person who accidentally leaked the info that Scotch is actually a secret police (hey Akai was probably gathering intelligence about each BO member he knows of)

• Upvote 1

I really can't imagine Akai would be so ruthless as to rat out Scotch to deflect suspicions from himself and gain promotion and trust in the BO. I think the circumstances might be similar to what Kir had to do to Akai, except in Scotch's case no one was there to save him. Scotch might have been found out already, and Akai was entangled in some sort of trouble that made the BO suspicious of his loyalty. So maybe Akai was ordered to kill Scotch. (I think this scenario may be unlikely though because Scotch's real name, as Vermouth said, was never found out. This was most likely intentional.)

Another possible scenario is that Amuro was forced to kill Scotch to spare him of the torture he probably would have had to endure so that more intelligence and his real name wouldn't have been leaked. And Akai might have been involved in this as the person who accidentally leaked the info that Scotch is actually a secret police (hey Akai was probably gathering intelligence about each BO member he knows of)

Yeah I agree Akai wouldn't be that ruthless just for the sake of going higher in rank.

• Upvote 1