Detective Conan World
DCUniverseAficionado

Decline in the Quality of Detective Conan?

Decline in the Quality of Detective Conan?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If Detective Conan declined in quality, in which arc did it do so, and to what degree (please specify degree in your post)?

• Not at All
    • Conan Arc (Manga: 1–175, Anime: 1–128)
    • Haibara Arc (Manga: 176–237, Anime: 129–175)
    • Vermouth Arc (Manga: 238–434, Anime: 176–345)
    • Cell Phone Arc (Manga: 435–498, Anime: 346–424)
    • Kir Arc (Manga: 499–621, Anime: 425–508)
    • Bourbon Arc (Manga: 622–898, Anime: 509–783)
    • Rum Arc (Manga: 899–, Anime: 784–)

1 hour ago, MeiTanteixX said:

Although it's vague, I would account the "the rat extermination plans" that Gin mentioned as something connected to Rum(since they were both addressed in the same chapter). Ofc, there's also the slight(horrible) off-chance that it was only supposed to serve as a teaser for movie 20.

Yeah, that's the thing—it's vague (just "rats," not a specific BO member or a specific set of BO members), and may just be a hint for the events of a non-canon movie (though Scarlet Showdown came out during and immediately after Movie 18's release, which means Gosho and the movie staff must've been working on Movie 19 at the time, so it may have started as a manga thing, but then, a year later, they decided to make it a movie thing, too). Sure, we can guess that Hidemi/Rena/Kir and Rei/Toru/Bourbon may come under scrutiny, and we may very well turn out to be correct with that guess, but it's just that—a guess.

1 hour ago, MeiTanteixX said:

Either way, although it's true that Rum's activities/plans hasn't been addressed and developed, there's nothing that forces Gosho to make Rum the center-role in the potential-threat establishment. My point is that 55 files into the Rum arc, we already established a threat that most likely will develop on behind the scenes...File 953, Gin's clear intentions of wanting to find out if Kogoro is a "sleeping demon". I think that this is as straightforward as Gosho could get with threat establishment, and since Gosho is likely gonna make the Rum arc a bit more grandiose(compared to previous arcs), info-dumping and early setups/introductions is all welcomed by me. It's a huge step up from how he introduced the Bourbon arc characters and plot.

True, but it's the Rum arc—it's expected and desired, I think, for the arc's titular character to be the central threat. Gin has always been a clear threat, and, in this specific instance, it's merely the return, a re-establishment, of a 500+ File old intention of his (just like how Ran's involvement in the Vermouth arc climax returned after 500+ Files). Gosho may be able to take these old things and take them in new directions, but it's a familiar and expected place to start from, this threat, though it is a welcome stirring of the status quo—and that probably doesn't do it for Chek.

No one's gonna dispute that—the question is, is this "huge" step enough, right now, and, if not, when is it going to be enough?

12 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

True, but it's the Rum arc—it's expected and desired, I think, for the arc's titular character to be the central threat. Gin has always been a clear threat, and, in this specific instance, it's merely the return, a re-establishment, of a 500+ File old intention of his (just like how Ran's involvement in the Vermouth arc climax returned after 500+ Files). Gosho may be able to take these old things and take them in new directions, but it's a familiar and expected place to start from, this threat, though it is a welcome stirring of the status quo—and that probably doesn't do it for Chek.

Not saying that Rum won't have a main role in this new threat. After all, it's because of his old case that this mess has started. But my view on this is that, being the "big dog" that he is, he already creates this sense of threat in whatever new case that he has/had a part in(since it would imply that they take the problem at hand very seriously), and since it's supposed to be the arc of a high-positioned(authoritative) figure, we can't apply the same formula of the previous BO member arcs into the current one. Kir arc didn't exactly portray Kir as the threat either(because of it's unique premise), so we should wait until we know how this unique "Gin threat" premise develops and how Rum comes into the picture. As an arc, close to  what could be the final, and that is re-awakening old plot points(Elena, research/drug, Ran/Vermouth, CIA(probably)), there's no damage or lack of quality if we revive Gin's old, but well-foreshadowed, suspicion and make it the plot that leads to Rum.

No one's gonna dispute that—the question is, is this "huge" step enough, right now, and, if not, when is it going to be enough?

It's definitely enough, and it's showing that Gosho isn't planning on dragging this like the Bourbon arc(probably because he knows that he has enough of important subplots to drag it with) and is trying to revive the plot that has been sleeping for so long, while creating/developing subplots for the current arc this early on(we already have 5 in total(3 new) in just 85 files). 

9 hours ago, MeiTanteixX said:

Not saying that Rum won't have a main role in this new threat. After all, it's because of his old case that this mess has started. But my view on this is that, being the "big dog" that he is, he already creates this sense of threat in whatever new case that he has/had a part in (since it would imply that they take the problem at hand very seriously), and since it's supposed to be the arc of a high-positioned(authoritative) figure, we can't apply the same formula of the previous BO member arcs into the current one. Kir arc didn't exactly portray Kir as the threat either(because of it's unique premise), so we should wait until we know how this unique "Gin threat" premise develops and how Rum comes into the picture. As an arc, close to  what could be the final, and that is re-awakening old plot points(Elena, research/drug, Ran/Vermouth, CIA(probably)), there's no damage or lack of quality if we revive Gin's old, but well-foreshadowed, suspicion and make it the plot that leads to Rum.

Sure, he'll be a "main role" in the "threat," but I think some will still be looking for Rum to be the central threat, not just "a main role" in the "threat."

One which took around 50 Files for us to get to. Comparatively, it took over 100 Files to get from the start of the Vermouth arc (238–242) to Golden Apple (350–354); it also took around 50 Files to get from the start of the Kir arc (499–504) to revealing how Kir got her codename (553–555); as for the Bourbon arc, it took its entirety (starting at 622–624) for Bourbon's motivation for his grudge against Shuichi to be hinted at (894–898), and until the Rum arc for it to be revealed (954–957).

So you think Vermouth wasn't "a high-positioned (authoritative) figure?" Or that the difference between her and Rum, as high-ranking BO members, is enough to warrant throwing out the application of the formula of previous arcs into the current one, because it may not work as well?

So it doesn't matter that we don't know (knownot guess, like guessing Rum's after Mary, or something like that) Rum's specific intention(s), like we knew, for instance, that Vermouth was after Shiho/Sherry? So it's not a drawback that makes it of inferior quality to, say, the Vermouth arc?

So originality doesn't matter if the execution meets a certain level/threshold?

9 hours ago, MeiTanteixX said:

It's definitely enough, and it's showing that Gosho isn't planning on dragging this like the Bourbon arc (probably because he knows that he has enough of important subplots to drag it with) and is trying to revive the plot that has been sleeping for so long, while creating/developing subplots for the current arc this early on(we already have 5 in total(3 new) in just 85 files). 

For you and me, perhaps. But as for others? It's just a step up from the Bourbon arc—and I don't think that's very much of a step up, for them.

Dragging like the Bourbon arc? It certainly isn't, right now, but Gosho's still the master of dangling plot threads—depending on how the case that features File 1000 goes down, it may very well drag, after that case—we had to wait nearly 50 Files after the multiple descriptions of Rum and the artificial eye info to get to Koji Haneda.

1 hour ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

So you think Vermouth wasn't "a high-positioned (authoritative) figure?" Or that the difference between her and Rum, as high-ranking BO members, is enough to warrant throwing out the application of the formula of previous arcs into the current one, because it may not work as well?

Was specifically leaning towards the last two arcs, but even with Vermouth, compared to Rum, she had more freedom and time to roam around,...assuming that Rum, as old as he should be, has less time and more business to tend to in his position,.... unless we find out that he's in the same aging situation as Vermouth(which in that case makes it a discussion for another day).

Point is, we are dealing with someone who shares similar behavior to the boss(keeping himself hidden and only a few got a glimpse of him), so for someone like that, I would expect for their introduction and development to be handled way differently than the other "free-roaming" BO members(again, I'm assuming that Rum is not another "Vermouth").

So it doesn't matter that we don't know (knownot guess, like guessing Rum's after Mary, or something like that) Rum's specific intention(s), like we knew, for instance, that Vermouth was after Shiho/Sherry? So it's not a drawback that makes it of inferior quality to, say, the Vermouth arc?

It's not a drawback that makes it inferior to anything. At least for now, with the amount of chapters we are into the arc, and with the subplots that have gotten well developed, as well as the subplots we have in front of us to make us invested into Rum's haunting past(including the so-called "threat establishment" with Gin), we have the required plot-setup before we enter the next Rum case, around file 1000(which I hope will be comparable to file 500). If we don't get anything substantial about Rum or the plot after that, only then do I think we could start complaining about the arc's plot-structure(if we were to compare it with Vermouth/Kir arc).

For you and me, perhaps. But as for others? It's just a step up from the Bourbon arc—and I don't think that's very much of a step up, for them.

I'm honestly surprised that they would be this demanding, if they have gotten this far into the story(unless they recently caught up and are new to Gosho's old pacing-patterns). When I see clear improvements(not just compared to Bourbon arc), I can only appreciate it.

Dragging like the Bourbon arc? It certainly isn't, right now, but Gosho's still the master of dangling plot threads—depending on how the case that features File 1000 goes down, it may very well drag, after that case—we had to wait nearly 50 Files after the multiple descriptions of Rum and the artificial eye info to get to Koji Haneda.

Yes, it all depends on how the next "around-1000" case is handled. Only then do we, in my opinion have enough material to judge the first "act" as you put it.

On 1/17/2017 at 3:04 PM, MeiTanteixX said:

Was specifically leaning towards the last two arcs, but even with Vermouth, compared to Rum, she had more freedom and time to roam around,...assuming that Rum, as old as he should be, has less time and more business to tend to in his position,.... unless we find out that he's in the same aging situation as Vermouth (which in that case makes it a discussion for another day).

Point is, we are dealing with someone who shares similar behavior to the boss (keeping himself hidden and only a few got a glimpse of him), so for someone like that, I would expect for their introduction and development to be handled way differently than the other "free-roaming" BO members (again, I'm assuming that Rum is not another "Vermouth").

Generally speaking, certainly.

I find the chances of that to be very low—plus, it'd be called out for rehashing elements.

It's not a drawback that makes it inferior to anything. At least for now, with the amount of chapters we are into the arc, and with the subplots that have gotten well developed, as well as the subplots we have in front of us to make us invested into Rum's haunting past(including the so-called "threat establishment" with Gin), we have the required plot-setup before we enter the next Rum case, around file 1000(which I hope will be comparable to file 500). If we don't get anything substantial about Rum or the plot after that, only then do I think we could start complaining about the arc's plot-structure (if we were to compare it with Vermouth/Kir arc).

Ah, so it's a, "as of right now" thing.

I'm honestly surprised that they would be this demanding, if they have gotten this far into the story(unless they recently caught up and are new to Gosho's old pacing-patterns). When I see clear improvements(not just compared to Bourbon arc), I can only appreciate it.

Is the Rum arc better than the Vermouth arc? If not, than Gosho has been unable to top an arc that finished in 2003.

Some want consistent improvement (in DC's case, every long (100–200 File) arc should be better than the last), and, after something like the Bourbon arc, drastic improvement.

Yes, it all depends on how the next "around-1000" case is handled. Only then do we, in my opinion have enough material to judge the first "act" as you put it.

Right now, we're in the Rum arc's second act.

Act I

File 899–File 947/Episode 784–Episode 85X or File 899–File 944/Episode 784–Episode 848 (take your pick)

Act II

File 948–/Episode 85X– or File 945–/Episode 85X– (take your pick)

At least, that's how I've been segmenting it.

2 hours ago, DCUniverseAficionado said:

Ah, so it's a, "as of right now" thing.

Right now, we're in the Rum arc's second act.

Act I

File 899–File 947/Episode 784–Episode 85X or File 899–File 944/Episode 784–Episode 848 (take your pick)

Act II

File 948–/Episode 85X– or File 945–/Episode 85X– (take your pick)

At least, that's how I've been segmenting it.

Of course. We can't be clueless about everything Rum-related up until the final climax of the arc. Other than revealing the truth behind mysteries, the climaxes should also focus on moving the plot along with new events.

I see.

@Both @MeiTanteixX and @DCUniverseAficionado in general, because I am too lazy to select and quote, and I trust you both not to edit you posts or delete them later.

Gin's moves don't represent an original threat IMO. Ancient memory from the pre-DCTP edogawa proboards time, but I seem to remember people anticipating a Gin threat development after Kir's intro case where Gin declared his continuing suspicions about Kogoro after the sniping was interrupted. That suspicion that maybe Gin would do something further to Kogoro was used to manipulate people's perceptions of Eisuke, i.e. he was a plant by the BO to spy on Kogoro. Now we are in a very similar situation. Gin complains, some suspects show up around Kogoro and the kids, and people suspect they could be BO following up on Gin's worries. Personally, I think Gin's words are a tactic to make the suspects more suspicious by encouraging people to think they were sent by the BO to look at Kogoro. Gosho could certainly do this and make it so, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll start worrying when Gin's not sitting in the Porsche.

That's not to say Gin's threat isn't interesting or relevant. It just isn't in the same category of threat development as what happened in past arcs where the titular arc character was announced to be making moves. Gin's threat to Kogoro is one of many small threats, along with the BO being worried about "Asaca", Mary's likely involuntary shrinking, the deletion of data, the suspects being suspicious, Kohji's death etc that, from our current perspective, are mostly independent from one another.

Speaking in very wide writing theory generalities, the strongest starter plot structure for a mystery is to establish one main threat/conflict/issue that readers can rally around, and then introduce subplots which teasingly circle it, like remoras following a shark. The Vermouth arc followed this structure exactly. Vermouth's identity and target was the shark threat, and the goal of the APTX drug, Jodie's past, the Miyano's past, Shinichi's connection to Vermouth, The Vineyards, Itakura, Haibara's fears, etc, were the remora issues. Eventually each of those subplots was attached to the main plot with ample opportunities beforehand for the reader to speculate how they all tied together. The Bourbon arc started this way too (shark = detective Bourbon on the move), but the pacing was a severe problem. And then partway through, the Akai family sideplot was dropped into the pool as a second shark to distract from the main one.

The Rum arc already has lots of remoras, maybe even more than the Vermouth arc, but we only have a shark's shadow (Rum, uh, exists.... somewhere. And maybe he's doing something.) Borrowing political terms, that's not rallying the base. The fact that the remora issue Gin-continuing-to-be-suspicious-of-Kogoro is being mistaken as a shark is a bad sign, plot-structure wise.

And back to the big picture, I'm not saying the Rum arc is all bad. It's just had a rough start, one that wasn't planned to maximize impact and use characters to their fullest. (info-dumpy, failure for main threat to materialize) I think that's a valid complaint to field at this stage. Enough chapters have gone by. But there is plenty of time for things to be redeemed.

Claiming we are already in part 2 of the Rum arc is jumping the gun to the max. There has been no paradigm shift. We are still in info dump and suspect reveal mode. The Rum arc has had no file equivalent to the Mystery Train case or Golden apple.

• Upvote 1

I'm joining in on the "trust" game.

I see your point, and I agree to some degree. The rest of the degrees depends on the files leading up to/after 1000.

"When Gin's not sitting in his Porsche"...

That one made me giggle.

Overall, I would never compare this current "gin threat" to the "cliffhanger" right after Kir's intro. The latter seemed more resolved compared to this current one.

23 hours ago, Chekhov MacGuffin said:

Claiming we are already in part 2 of the Rum arc is jumping the gun to the max. There has been no paradigm shift. We are still in info dump and suspect reveal mode. The Rum arc has had no file equivalent to the Mystery Train case or Golden apple.

Yep. I figured I'd garner that kind of perception while trying to segment an ongoing arc, as opposed to trying to segment an already-completed arc.

And until we get said case, the reveal of the Koji Haneda/Amanda Hughes double murder at Rum's hands (either 945–947 or 948–950) is going to serve as said case, for me.

File 899–File 946: No Koji Haneda/Amanda Hughes, Asaka and Rum

File 947–present: Koji Haneda/Amanda Hughes, Asaka and Rum

That may not be enough for you, but—for now—it's enough for me.

• Upvote 1

When it comes to the anime, I dropped it about 2 years ago, but have been meaning to get back into it.  Probably will skip the fillers though.  As for the manga, I've been behind for about a year now, been also meaning to catch up on that.  It's hard though, to stay caught up, simply because as much as I love the series, it needs to end.  As it stands, it feels like there will be no end, and even good things need to come to an end sometime.  It's hard to stay with a series if you don't know where it's going... for over 20 years.

16 minutes ago, MelloLily said:

When it comes to the anime, I dropped it about 2 years ago, but have been meaning to get back into it.  Probably will skip the fillers though.  As for the manga, I've been behind for about a year now, been also meaning to catch up on that.  It's hard though, to stay caught up, simply because as much as I love the series, it needs to end.  As it stands, it feels like there will be no end, and even good things need to come to an end sometime.  It's hard to stay with a series if you don't know where it's going... for over 20 years.

Bourbon arc definitely had that affect of confusion, but I'm actually seeing a road building up to all the scattered and unresolved plotlines in the current arc.

After episode 450, and after movie 10. Now i really hate this anime too much. Bourbon is the worst. Rum is so boring and is awful and these are the reasons:

A. Let's start from the day when his name appeared on the mobile when Kerr made the message to Miss Judy, which was the reason I hate Kerr because she appeared as a wonderful figure and her role in being a spy was really great, her role became only send messages How this hangs? Has the work of a CIA member become just sending messages about new members? This really does not make sense.

B. Important, when the stupid guest appeared throughout the history of zero zero appeared as a mysterious personality, but was a stupid figure appeared in a summit in stupidity, and also he could not solve the episode I mean wife who appeared that the husband's sister committed suicide. Then he did the same thing as Serra, working under Mr. Kogoro, is there any benefit to all of this? I do not know anyone tell me where the enthusiasm here I do not know. Importantly, the episodes rolled little by little. I did not understand anything, the important and rolled episodes that were disguising characters such as Judy's memories and special cherry plant episodes, and without understanding where he wanted to arrive.

C. Now the important thing, the role of the bombing of the train began. Is this a human being, or an animal, or a crazy man whose mind was hit with a shoe or a gun, and he became a madman who didn't know what he was doing? I do not know. Was it his role to go after Haibara, or to blow up the train for no reason or what I don't know? Is it possible that one of the most important members of the Japanese spies detonated the bombs without reason or thinking that there are millions of people in the train just to show who is Hiberara? And also what's the point of knowing who is Hypara? Balmut knows who Hypara is, why should he show a character without a reason to go after Hypara and he is working that Balmut knows that it is Hypara, or at least Balmut could tell him, what is the use of all these silly stories? Really, the cartoons are stupid?

D. Then he did the same job by making Belmut disguise as Akai and all in order to show who Akai was, and was there a reason for pursuing Akai? Certainly there is no reason whether he wanted to avenge his friend, who knew from the beginning that he did not kill him, but committed suicide. How can I mourn more than a fool who caused the train to be blown up for no reason and caught up with Hibara and Akai for no reason? What is important is that everyone says he would have been known by the organization, but that is not a reason he really wants to show him in order to avenge his friend, that is why, even if what they say is true it will remain a stupid summit for a number of reasons. Basically, one of the big members, as they said in the cartoons, who work in Japan's most important spies, is doing just this to protect himself from the organization that questioned him. The second reason is that if he wants to protect himself and to put people at risk for personal reasons, one of the friends of the spies in the Japanese corps is used to expose people, exposing Professor Judy's girlfriend to risk only to show who is Akai. Third, did Kiir endanger her father or anyone? On the contrary, her father put his life to death in order to protect her from the danger of revealing her character to the organization, and from this point of view she did everything she could to preserve her father's honor, During her effort to protect Dumont Yastiru, and this was also done by Akai when she dispersed Jin to protect Kogoro Mori, so don't tell me that I have a scene here contrary to these two scenes.

E. For Professor Judy's girlfriend, first how he knew she was a friend of Judy I do not know, the important thing is that she asked him to protect from the danger faced by it is a genius show her life for no reason, and all this in order to exploit Judy to get away from Mr. Camille and reveal something important said by Kiir and Akai said that when he beat Akai or the organized member who committed suicide after he was looking for Kiir in the hospital, it is important to thank God that she did not die. Some will tell me that he did not hit her, but one of the students' fathers hit her, and he threw her, but he is to blame. He did not care about her protection, but did not think that anyone threw her or beat her and vice versa, he would support her if she had not been in danger. For no reason, what genius, and the intelligence in what he did, on the contrary, makes me see him as the stupidest man in the world, who conquered me that he was able to deceive Jane in all this period in which he appeared.Every episode appeared in it was really a waste of time. Something else would have been better. And also does it make sense for a Japanese member to pursue the FBI so much that he was so close to killing them in the cliff just to challenge Ai and all this just to avenge his friend, let me all this in stupidity, and the more I remember what he did the more I curse Fees on the absurdity that arrived. Don't tell me that he just wants to use them as bait, that's not a reason. In the end, no one will guarantee his life if he is exposed to the same thing Camille suffered with Judy or that of Judy's girlfriend. Observers will get angry if they die, but there is no other explanation. I still couldn't understand how he could explain Kiir's and Akai's words when they said they had another matter, I didn't understand and the only thing I really see is that all he said and did and did was hypotheses under evidence, and they became true for one reason Is that the author wants to make him a top in intelligence, but indeed he is a summit in stupidity. And what's the point of making him understandable in everything in the piano in combat, in intelligence I don't know, to be honest since when I pour Akai's special drink is Bourbon and Scotch I don't know all just to make a relationship between him and Bourbon and Scotch.

. Thank God that Judy, and Camille are still alive, and I don't blame Belmut when I finally corrected him and everything he did, which is really a waste of time, and for no reason, I really feel angry whenever I remember what he did. And finally what he did in the film 20 when he was conflicting with Akayi, the stupidest scene I have ever seen, how will I laugh and deceive Mufsi and do that cartoons peak in magnificence, and it became a peak in the bottom after reaching the 450, and how I will that movies top Was it 20 to be afraid of the so-called Ghost Rum Ghost, or to see a scene in which Jane was trying to kill Bourbon with Kiir and was deceived and deceived by a simple trick as a message trick Conan on the basis that he is called the other fool, which I do not see that terrifying and that, according to fees is a ghost can speak in a private room and there is Oh, amplifiers of the voice called Rum, which I do not see anything to be optimistic for his presence in the drawings, whether he is a new member for no reason important, or to see Judy, which became a summit in stupidity and became doing nothing either please Akai after she was dependent on herself besides relying on Akai and the same thing for Camille, who appeared on himself smart, and when it seemed palatable his existence, his existence became unbearable, what is the use of this film? I don't know, it really is one of the best of the bottom. Whatever the author tries in the movie 22, I will not change my opinion in zero and will not change and this is my opinion in the drawings and will not change as well.

G. And I became skeptical of Jane. Does it make sense that Jane, who no one can deceive him now, has become a gift and bear and each member of the small and poor in the cartoons can deceive him asleep and put his hand on his tricks, how can this? Of course I do not do that it must reveal all members, certainly may be deceived by a person or person, but not all members and personalities and then shows that these members and personalities are only ordinary members and have no basis in the anime world as well, and the same thing As for Kerr, Judy, and Belmut, and from this point of view I discovered that vodka is smart, he is at first and not smart and not stupid. He is the sheriff and does what is asked of him without questions, suggestions or protest. I conclude that he is smarter than Jane, since Jane first appeared to be the smartest member of the organization and can be deceived simply by It is a personal waste of time as well, while Vodka is still, as Abdul Amour is doing his duty only.

H. Finally, I became skeptical of Conan and Akai when Bourbon did not surrender to the police for all his actions. If I were in their place, I would burn him completely or hang him to cut off his whole body to discipline and learn that God is right, and that the country of Japan is not in his name or his father's name. A, in the name of his family, he is a member of the Japanese spies and has no right to interfere in what he does not mean and all for no reason, even if because he is not entitled to do them. I am beginning to doubt Conan and Akai as they are pursuing any criminal, murderer or thief. How much of a girl is top in beauty, elegance, splendor and in the prime of young people lost their lives in prison, all because of one simple crime or two crimes, or because of revenge And how old and old, we lost their lives in prison for the same reasons while leaving a carbon person who really must be burnt to death, and that makes me question the integrity of Detective Conan.

About the movie 20, i really hate this movie, it is so awful boring nothing is good. Rum is there for no reason. Bourbon is here and don't understand why? The fighting event is one of the most awful event.

About movie 22 which is about the worst person around all anime who is bouron, He really deserves to be killed and cut into pieces, he deserves to be cut in pieces. If not, it would have a little impact on the story in the cartoons since the recent films started to have a small impact on the episodes. The movie was so much boring. Really nothing only talking and doing a things in a bad way and trying to make it as right. I hate this movie.