Detective Conan World
SamKel.

Would you prefer if DC had a happy ending ?

I would definitely prefer a happy ending. There is so much sadness in real life and so little reason to be happy due to psychological depression (often without practical reasons important enough that wouldn't be considered ridiculous by other people), that I like surrounding myself exclusively with positively charged fiction that give hope and happiness, no matter how non-realistic this fiction may be. 

I may seem crazy, but I am so used to DC already that if one of the major plotlines or childhood friend romantic pairings ends up tragically it will be almost personal for me.

I know I may seem a crybaby by saying that, but I am not exaggerating, I honestly say what I feel.

this is why i watch dc

cause its the only thing left 

Depressing much? o.o

I like really bittersweet endings, so I'll go for happy but with a twist.

I like really bittersweet endings, so I'll go for happy but with a twist.

I would like a good twist too, but a strictly detective/mystery one, not in the romantic part of the story. If only Eri and Kogoro got back together, I would really want Ran to have a happy family.... there are many other things I would like, but this one I think is the least likely to happen, although hopefully it's just me being a pessimist.

I would like a good twist too, but a strictly detective/mystery one, not in the romantic part of the story. If only Eri and Kogoro got back together, I would really want Ran to have a happy family.... there are many other things I would like, but this one I think is the least likely to happen, although hopefully it's just me being a pessimist.

I think Kogoro's death would give the series a lot of depth.

do you want to be killed 

What happened to my dungeon??

Haha, I'm just saying that Kogoro's loved by many, a significant character among other characters, but not that important plot-wise. So he's a great target for a bittersweet ending.

now we dont know how important he is

besides, conan...needs him

That's the thing. If we assume that DC ends with the collapse of identities and the BO, then the 20+ years of help from Kogoro won't be needed anymore. The hiding, the speaking-through-the-bowtie facade, those things.

well

he wont be conan anymore anyway, so

bu kogoro is comedy gold, to kill him of is unnecessary 

To kill most characters will be unnecessary. It's just the death of an iconic character will leave me in tears and make the series 100x better.

To kill most characters will be unnecessary. It's just the death of an iconic character will leave me in tears and make the series 100x better.

I respect your opinion, but I personally am too tired to be in tears because of sad endings in the fiction I liked. I continue to hope there will be no reason to cry in DC.

I respect your opinion, but I personally am too tired to be in tears because of sad endings in the fiction I liked. I continue to hope there will be no reason to cry in DC.

Code Geass is my favorite show, and the end was amazing. I cry every freaking time I rewatch it, but it's really sweet and happy. I don't like tragic endings either, but I need some feels xD

I don't care anymore. I just want it to end.

--

loljk.

Killing off a main character is something that I'd like to see, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

DC is no longer a show that focuses on plot, so I'll be fine with whatever as long as the ending isn't stupidly cheesey and predictable. 

Code Geass is my favorite show, and the end was amazing. I cry every freaking time I rewatch it, but it's really sweet and happy. I don't like tragic endings either, but I need some feels xD

I understand. It's good that there are things that make people emotional. Unfortunately, I tend to be more receptive of negative ones, and take fictional tragedy much more seriously that I myself would have preferred to. Also, it's rather difficult to find people who agree or at least show understanding towards my idealization of certain things (those childhood friends love stories being the n.1). I mean, hearing "I wish childhood romances would die out" is hurtful enough, but reading such things almost every day (without even searching for them on purpose) is depressing, almost makes feel like an outcast.

I am grateful to people on this forum by the way, for showing understanding even during disagreements, on most other forums it went worse, except for the Italian DC one maybe, but even there some disagreements were heated and personal.

P.S. People, tell me when you feel I talk too much of this childhood love theme, I was once told on a forum I shouldn't raise the subject everywhere :)

I understand. It's good that there are things that make people emotional. Unfortunately, I tend to be more receptive of negative ones, and take fictional tragedy much more seriously that I myself would have preferred to. Also, it's rather difficult to find people who agree or at least show understanding towards my idealization of certain things (those childhood friends love stories being the n.1). I mean, hearing "I wish childhood romances would die out" is hurtful enough, but reading such things almost every day (without even searching for them on purpose) is depressing, almost makes feel like an outcast.

I am grateful to people on this forum by the way, for showing understanding even during disagreements, on most other forums it went worse, except for the Italian DC one maybe, but even there some disagreements were heated and personal.

P.S. People, tell me when you feel I talk too much of this childhood love theme, I was once told on a forum I shouldn't raise the subject everywhere :)

Ouch, why would people do that? I'm not asking you to name the forum, but it's sad to hear people would say such things.

I really wish Magic Kaito would end with DC though. My DC OTP is KaitoxAoko, but it's unlikely they'll be getting a finale anytime soon...

Ouch, why would people do that? I'm not asking you to name the forum, but it's sad to hear people would say such things.

I don't remember the forum to be honest, maybe could have found it if I wanted to, prefer to just forget it; however, I swear the quote is almost litteral, it's not like I am making things up to make people feel more sorry for me (not saying I suspected you of suspecting me of such a thing)

Speaking of Kaito/Aoko, to be honest I would have preferred Kaito to be more respectful of Nakamori, as incompetent he may be, just for Aoko's sake, he is the father of the girl he likes after all, and at least doesn't take bribes :)

I don't remember the forum to be honest, maybe could have found it if I wanted to, prefer to just forget it; however, I swear the quote is almost litteral, it's not like I am making things up to make people feel more sorry for me (not saying I suspected you of suspecting me of such a thing)

I think the biggest problem people have with childhood friendships is that it's a "cheap" way to progress a relationship between people. It's the easy way out as opposed to actually letting the two people go through legitimate development. 

I don't mind the childhood friend cliche because it can be effective when utilized properly, but Gosho went overboard with the concept and it became much too repetitive within DC, hence why people tend to look down upon it around here.

I think the biggest problem people have with childhood friendships is that it's a "cheap" way to progress a relationship between people. It's the easy way out as opposed to actually letting the two people go through legitimate development. 

I don't mind the childhood friend cliche because it can be effective when utilized properly, but Gosho went overboard with the concept and it became much too repetitive within DC, hence why people tend to look down upon it around here.

I agree, I can understand those people too, also because many of those romances aren't developed in details and don't really "touch the heart", Gosho did dedicate more space only to Shinichi/Ran, and even this isn't exactly developing lately, and others even less. I find it more cute when there are childhood flashbacks and the children aren't tsundere to each other.

And of course, it's better if the relationship born in the innocent period of childhood is properly explored and shown in all its innocence and purity, and how solid it will be, etc, unfortunately it isn't always done, therefore making the childhood love seem like a lazy writing stereotype. Also, the fact the childhood friends (especially girls) in anime are often tsundere, and this seems to me quite a weird attitude towards somebody they love.

Speaking of Kaito/Aoko, to be honest I would have preferred Kaito to be more respectful of Nakamori, as incompetent he may be, just for Aoko's sake, he is the father of the girl he likes after all, and at least doesn't take bribes :)

Gah, that is something that I'd rather have improved on. Nakamori likes Kaito enough, but Kaito's just cruel with some of his jokes.

Ah well. Still ship it <3

I'm actually more concerned about how the final showdown will be executed than the ending itself. Like, really worried. Especially when Gosho tends to write cases with a really hyped opening yet anti-climatic ending at times. 

• Upvote 2

I want a really happy ending for DC. I believe that Ran and Shinichi will end up together. It would not surprise me, however, if Ai got killed. I wouldn't want her to die because she is one of my favorite characters. Also, how would Ran react when Shinichi tells her he was Conan the whole time? She would be mad for a bit, but I think she would get over it and she will live happily ever after with Shinichi.