Detective Conan World
Metantei Kiddo

Conan's Dictionary

I was comparing to the big three of the Big Rip, the Big Chill, and the Big Crunch, two of which are old and outdated. I've never heard of the heat death. What is it?

I don't know if you've learned about this stuff yet, but entropy is a fundamental in the heat death.

In case you didn't know, entropy is the measure of how disordered something is. The higher the entropy, the more disordered it is. 

The natural order is disorder.

ex. Dropping food coloring into water causes the molecules to scatter in the solution--from high to low concentration, therefore making the final result a more disordered arrangement of the food color molecules. The same concept can b applied to perfume.

Now, we get into the good stuff.

You know how heat radiates?

That's also an example of entropy.

In a more simplified sense:

Heat or energy is also required for things to function.

In order for something to "happen" entropy needs to be increased, or changed.

One day, when all that heat or energy is fully, and equally dispersed throughout the universe, nothing will be able to "happen" anymore.

The universe will end up at a state of thermodynamic equilibrium.

I don't know if you've learned about this stuff yet, but entropy is a fundamental in the heat death.

In case you didn't know, entropy is the measure of how disordered something is. The higher the entropy, the more disordered it is. 

The natural order is disorder.

ex. Dropping food coloring into water causes the molecules to scatter in the solution--from high to low concentration, therefore making the final result a more disordered arrangement of the food color molecules. The same concept can b applied to perfume.

Now, we get into the good stuff.

You know how heat radiates?

That's also an example of entropy.

In a more simplified sense:

Heat or energy is also required for things to function.

In order for something to "happen" entropy needs to be increased, or changed.

One day, when all that heat or energy is fully, and equally dispersed throughout the universe, nothing will be able to "happen" anymore.

The universe will end up at a state of thermodynamic equilibrium.

What about dark energy? If the universe is expanding, and energy is dispersed equally throughout the expanding universe, then wouldn't things thin out, eventually leading to a world of cold nothingness?

What about dark energy? If the universe is expanding, and energy is dispersed equally throughout the expanding universe, then wouldn't things thin out, eventually leading to a world of cold nothingness?

not necessarily

the heat death implies that everything will end up the same temperature--whatever that number may be.

not necessarily

the heat death implies that everything will end up the same temperature--whatever that number may be.

Oh. So it's not exactly a something that predicts the universe's end as much as the condition in which it'll end?

Oh. So it's not exactly a something that predicts the universe's end as much as the condition in which it'll end?

It's both, actually, haha.

Once the universe reaches thermodynamic equilibrium, everything will be at the same temperature, and at the same time, nothing will "happen" or "occur" anymore because there will be no more energy transfer between molecules.

It's both, actually, haha.

Once the universe reaches thermodynamic equilibrium, everything will be at the same temperature, and at the same time, nothing will "happen" or "occur" anymore because there will be no more energy transfer between molecules.

But matter is energy, just in different states. Have you heard of the string theory?

But matter is energy, just in different states. Have you heard of the string theory?

lol, you're over thinking what I'm trying to communicate.

I'm talking about the transfer of energy between molecules or matter.

If there's no transfer of energy, nothing will happen.

It's like when someone is trying to push a box. If you don't apply any energy (assuming there aren't other varying forces either), the box won't move.

Yeah, I've heard of string theory--though I'm not sure how it relates to the heat death.

lol, you're over thinking what I'm trying to communicate.

I'm talking about the transfer of energy between molecules or matter.

If there's no transfer of energy, nothing will happen.

It's like when someone is trying to push a box. If you don't apply any energy (assuming there aren't other varying forces either), the box won't move.

Yeah, I've heard of string theory--though I'm not sure how it relates to the heat death.

I know. I was saying that if the string theory is true, it'd be rather difficult for there not to be energy transfers. Not impossible, but it would take an unimaginable amount of time.

I feel like we should stop here. Haha, to be honest, this is going into stuff that I'm clueless about.

Zoroastrianism - In world religions, is consdered to be the first of the many modern religions. It is also the first to introduce good vs evil as the main core of the teachings and the worship of one purely good God. It is founded by Zoroaster in Iran.

Fact - Conversion to Zoroastriansim is forbidden by its members and only those who are born to a Zoroastrian parents are allowed to join the religion.

Zoroastrianism - In world religions, is consdered to be the first of the many modern religions. It is also the first to introduce good vs evil as the main core of the teachings and the worship of one purely good God. It is founded by Zoroaster in Iran.

Fact - Conversion to Zoroastriansim is forbidden by its members and only those who are born to a Zoroastrian parents are allowed to join the religion.

Sounds stupid :3