Detective Conan World
MelloLily

Wizard101 Players?

Anyone here play any KingsIsle games?  I personally play Wizard101, but Pirate101 is not bad either.

If anyone plays, would love to meet up.  As for what Wizard101 is, here is something I typed up to give an overview:

https://www.wizard101.com/

The main focus of this game is that you're a student at a school called Ravenwood’s School of Magic. You first start yourself out in the heart of the spiral, Wizard City: as you progress forward into the worlds, all full of mischief and mayhem, you come upon many friends and foes that you will make on your journey. Your primary objective in the game is to follow the first chapter of your storyline, leading you to the first known foe when you enter the spiral for the first time. Yes, you heard me right: the gone-bad death professor, Malistaire: once a friend, now a foe.

At the end of chapter one of the saga, we enter in to a new arc of stories, leading us to our most recent villain, Morganthe, the Shadow Queen. A student of Malistaire, and a sign of trouble, Morganthe had her plans to re-write the entire spiral in her own mind, giving Headmaster Ambrose quite the scare. Morganthe was recently finished off in the second part of the known world Khrysalis, concluding the second chapter of this breath-taking saga.

...But the fun doesn’t stop there, yet: a new villain has risen, causing more trouble for the worlds of the spiral, and endangering everyone within! However, that’s for you to find out.

Wizard101 is a great game, in my personal opinion: sure it is a bit childish, but that is because it is kid friendly. Honestly, the only game I know that keeps a block on words to make sure kids are able to enjoy a game without having to hear nonsense from adults playing (Although there is a special chat option for players who are 18+). If you have not played it, I would recommend it to anyone out there looking for a fun, friendly game. Just give it a try, and if you don't like it, then stop. Players are able to get to about level 12-16 without paying. Beyond that, it does cost money by either paying monthly/yearly membership or unlocking areas permanently through "crowns" (money system on this game).  The game is family oriented and meant for all ages.  Membership is only $10 per month ($6 for first month) or $80 per year, but it is on sale a lot, so I recommend waiting for it to be on sale for $60 a year (sale happens every other month).

If anyone wants my help, I would be glad to help. Contact me if you want to meet up in the game.

If you do decide to play, make sure you know what school you want. (Tip: when creating your account, it makes you take a test to see your school, but don't worry about that because they will make you do it again once it is downloaded and you're in the actual game). While in the actual game creating your character, you are able to skip the test and go straight to the school you want. But choose wisely because each school has weaknesses and strengths which I will now explain.

There are 7 schools for Wizard101. They are as follows along with descriptions of pros and cons.

Fire: This school focuses on attacks that continue to injure target(s) for multiple rounds, also known as Damage over Time (DoT) spells. I do not recommend this class unless the player is experienced with either the game or is good at strategy. Because fire continues to harm for more than one round, it can take up traps or shields in a bad order. Personally, I have a fire character and I am pretty good at it. So if anyone does want to use fire and want extra tips, contact me for help.

Ice: Ice is the greatest school for defense. They are able to put the best and most powerful shields on players and teammates. They also have the most health out of all schools. Be warned though, their spells tend to be weaker in terms of attacking. Best to team-up with other schools when an ice player.

Storm: Some say this is the best school for beginners because these attacks are the most powerful throughout all the schools. This is true, storm has VERY powerful attacks: however, storm also has the highest chance of fizzling (when spells fizzle, the spell does not work and player has to try again next round). Even though storm fizzles the most (second most fizzled is fire) there is a way to help it so it won't fizzle. That is by buying items/clothes with stats that help storm accuracy. Be aware, a lot of players will tell storm users that chance of fizzle goes down if you do "X" in battle. This is not true. Chance of fizzle is at random based on accuracy. (X: being any nonsense tip players come up with).

Myth: This school is great for players who are either new or want to work alone. That is because myth school is a school of wizards who conjure mythical creatures to help fight in battles. Summoning in a sense, but not quite the same. Personally, I like this school but I am not a huge fan.  Especially since the minions cannot be controlled, so they could do moves that would hinder you.

Life: This school should be obvious on what its focus is: healing. Even though life focuses on healing, ice still has more health (life has second highest amount of health). But this school is amazing and can heal not only yourself, but others as well.

Death: Ah, the necromancers. Death school is good for using spells that attack the enemy and then takes half of the damage dealt and returns it to the user as health. Great quick way to heal. But some of the spells make it so death students will lose health. These spells could be because taking away some of your health to give a greater amount to a friend or a spell (feint) that takes away some of your health to deal a greater damage to an enemy. There are ways around these spells that harm. For more information on that, contact me.

Balance: Best school for support. Not a good idea to be in this school and play solo. But the spells that are offered through this school helps turn the tides and tip the scales in favor of your team. Spells include things that help make your teammate's spells stronger, to give them more power, to put weaknesses on enemies, and to do a bit of healing. This is a great school for those who like to play with others.

Note: These descriptions were true, but anything I said about best for solo or new players was my opinion. Also take note that all schools will have attacking spells. Some schools have more attacking than other schools though. For those schools with not as much attacking, it makes up for it with their other spells that help support the team.

Note: It is very easy to find others to play with. You don't even have to add people to your friend's list to play with them.

I hope to see some of you in the game! And for those of you who do play this game, tell me what you think of my descriptions and what I should change.

I tried playing that game once, but I forgot about it later on. :( I'll try to make a new one, hopefully I'll be able to play!