Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
premiumemo

Too Slow...

The Case Closed Manga started about 10 years afterwards the Detective Conan Manga started...

But the gap seems to be constant...

Idk, but shouldnt the CC manga be published with a small gap..? So that they can catch up with the DC one..?

Cuz if this is the rate, the CC will end 10 years forth the DC...

And technically speaking, we all read the Fanclubs translated versions... If the DC ends, No one is gonna wait for 10 years to read in English all will finish it along with the Fanclubs Translations... Maybe by that the CC sellings might drop drastically..! And we end up listening 'Viz Media drops the Case Closed contract due to low ratings' ... It would be like, what happened with Anime all over again..! 

I dont want that to happen.. :/

And companies mostly run with a far-sigthed concept, didnt they see this one coming..? :o

first of I don't really buy the english release of detective conan from viz so I don't exactly know how often they release new volumes but you said they are behind by ten years which is uhhh... way behind the japanese release and viz has to do a lot of work if they try to catch up with the japanese ones.

This question, well kinda similar, was brought up in another forum and was answered by a poster working for viz. He said there are a lot of work to actually do to be able to get caught up for at least 4-5 months minimum (see spoiler for the exact post). Viz was able to churn volumes for One Piece in 2010 because they were behind by a lot of volumes but then detective conan is under a different company so there's that to consider as well. and to be honest, I think detective conan isn't as big as other manga like say naruto or bleach in north ametica so I think viz will just let the release the way it is.

The problem is that you can't actually turn it around in 2-3 months, it's more like a 4-5 minimum. Viz was able to churn out volumes for their speed-up, because they were behind by many many volumes, so as long as they threw enough manpower at them, it was possible to do in a shortened schedule, because the finished books were already available to work from. The reason you can't do that with brand new volumes is that you can't even start until the volume is released in Japan and you have the finalized prints, cover, etc. Even though I have completed scripts for the chapters already, there's revision work to fix errors/inconsistencies, I have to check for altered dialogue, translate the SBS, and so on. THEN the letterer has to manually redraw all the SFX which is a huge task even with modern tools, and then there's the printing stage, which has its own schedule since unlike Shueisha, Viz is a minor publisher that doesn't own printing plants so they are subject to the circumstances of the printers.Like I said, the schedule isn't super tight, we're not working on the latest volume from the word go, but that leaves us some wiggle room so it's not so hectic, is less likely to result in big mistakes, and so on

-Stephen, translator for One Piece

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=33903&page=100