Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The After Battle IV

N/A: Hello everyone! Sorry, I did some mistake I realised in chapter 4, and I corrected it, if you already read it before, then it's up to you if you want to read it again and see what changed~

The After Battle; Chapter 4

Then next day, Shiho was released from the hospital… although now that Agasa's house is not available… where is she going to stay?

"Is it really ok? For me to…" Shiho asked Shinichi. As he was pushing the wheelchair she was sitting on.

"It's alright! It's alright! You don't have to worry about it!" He said with a grin.

As in no time, they already had reached the front gate of Kudo's house.

Shinichi gently opened the front gate, and drove Shiho's wheelchair to the house's front door, he then opened it and went inside. Inside was pitched dark, they barely could see anything.

"Hey, could you t least turn on the light?" said Shiho to Shinichi; she was annoyed at his weird behaviour.

He ignored her and kept pushing the wheelchair.

"Kudo-kun?"

Shinichi suddenly stopped at the living room.

"Eh?" Shiho was confused. She couldn't see anything, because it was dim black.

As someone flicked the switch and the room suddenly went bright! She was overcome with the light she covered her eyes with her arm.

"CONGRTULATIONS ON YOUR RECOVERY!" They all said it together! In the living room there were 3 persons, it was pro. Agasa and Shinichi's parents, Yusaku and Yukiko Kudo… they were standing beside a large hilarious table; on the table there was a beautiful chocolate cake, a large bowl full of fruits, and a soda with 5 cups… and some other treats~

Shiho was stunned; she was speechless, loss for words… Shinichi pushed the wheelchair towards the table.

"We all planned this when you were in the hospital," Shinichi explained to her.

"Sorry, Ai-kun." Said Agasa, "I planned to visit you, but there were just so many things that I need to attend, I couldn't find the time to go to the hospital…"

"Na, Shiho-chan~ are you feeling better now?" said Yukiko beaming at her.

"E-ehh…" nodded Shiho uneasily.

"Don't be shy Haibara!" said Shinichi facing her, "just feel like you are at home!"

Shiho turn up to him and then looked away quickly, not knowing what to say.

"Why don't you show her 'that thing' first? And tell her about what were you discussing about the other day…" said Yusaku coolly to Shinichi, "maybe then, she will feel more relaxed…"

"Yes, Shin-chan!" agreedYukiko excitedly.

"Mah, I guess we will have to save up the party for later…" said Shinichi with a sigh.

Shiho had no idea what were they talking about; she just sat on the wheelchair, watching them silently, confused and puzzled.

Shinichi took out a black cloth from his jeans' pocket, and went towards Shiho. "Well, if you'll excuse me, Haibara. I'll be covering your eyes with this cloth."

"What are you planning?" she whispered to him.

"Ah, hahaha! Don't worry, we'll let you know in a minute," he said to her comfortingly, and then covers her eyes with the blindfold gently.

"I'm not good in this kind of things, so I'll be staying here…" said Yusaku apologizingly.

"Then me too…" said Agasa nervously, "it's not something I should be interrupting…"

"Sa! Shin-chan, let's go!"

"Ah…!"

So Shinichi and his mother carried Shiho upstairs, to the second floor. They went through the corridors, and then stopped by a certain door. Shinichi opened the door silently, carefully, preventing from making a sound. After Shinichi opened the door, Yukiko drove the wheelchair inside the room.

Yukiko then, untied the cloth that was covering Shiho's eyes, and then she and Shinichi yelled together, "SURPRISE!"

Shiho opened her eyes… she gasped in amazement as she saw a large room with a beautiful blue vivid bed at the centre! A big window with creamy coloured curtains, in front of the window, there was a desk and a chair… the carpet were dark blue… anyway, the room was so beautiful! Like a room in the clouds!

"From today on, this room is all yours!" said Shinichi with a smile.

Shiho turned to him speechlessly. Surely, Shinichi did tell her that she was allowed to stay at his place; she thought that it was only 'temporally'… she had never imagined that they'll prepare her a luxurious room with beautiful furniture.

"Are you sure I can you this room?" she turned to Shinichi and his mother.

"Why, of course!" said Yukiko, "to put it bluntly, we would like to have you into the family…"

"Eh…?"

"In other words, Shiho-chan… we want to adopt you…" said Yukiko seriously, but still with a gentle smile, "me and Yusaku had been discussing it in the last few days, and since you don't have a home, why don't just stay with us? I and Yusaku will be your parent from now on, and you will be happy here with us… and we will love you and treat you like our daughter!"

Shiho was lost for words. Shinichi knew she was shocked and stunned, he said, "don't worry Haibara, it's only up to you whether you accept it or not. We only wanted you to have a home and be happy with us, of course, no one in this world can replace your mother or father… and-"

"No… I…" begin Shiho, she turned her face aside over her shoulder, and looked down, escaping Yukiko and Shinichi's eyes, "I… I…" she muttered, tears begin coming out from her eyes…

Shiho at a young year of age had always been alone. She lives at the apartment all by herself, with someone from the Black Organization keeping an eye on her at the next door. And sometimes her sister, Akemi will come sometimes for a visit. She would usually stood by the school gate and watch children greeting their parents happily. Shiho was always wondering what it is like to have a family… she only has a sister, which she barely sees… she spent most of her life with the Black Organization, who was nothing like a family to her…

"I… thank you… thank you very much…" she whispered it between her sobs. She wiped the tears with her hands, "sorry… I couldn't help it… I just found myself in tears…"

Yukiko beamed at her, as she walked towards her, and gently, embraced her, "its okay…" she said, "don't feel uncomfortable, now… we are family, aren't we?"

Yukiko comforted her and then stood up. She said, "Don't hesitate to call me 'Kaa-san' from now on "

"You can call me 'tou-san'," said a voice approaching the door, and Yusaku stepped inside the room, followed by Professor Agasa, "he-he-he, you can call me gramps…! Although that I'm not that old, though!"

"Everyone…" begin Shiho, "thank you!"

"He-he-he, no need to mention," Said Yukiko with a grin, "Nyaa~ I've always dreamed on having a daughter~ never thought of having it come true!"

Soon, all of the family, including Shiho and Professor Agasa launched downstairs for the party. Everyone enjoyed it as much! Shinichi telling them the cases he had solved, Yukiko playing her tricks as an artist, Agasa explaining his new inventions… Shiho, who was sitting in the wheelchair, enjoyed the party as much as everyone! This was one of the best moments she had in her life!

Shiho was looking at the full moon, with the stars glittering at the night beautiful sky. She was in the balcony of the second floor, viewing the beautiful sight of the night. She smiled, "Nee-chan… Kaa-san… Tou-san… if you were watching me from somewhere… as you can see, I'm very happy now… I had a place to go to after all… a place where someone except my existence… the syndicate had already been taken care of, and I'm… free now… even though that I'm living with Kudo and his parents as an adopted child, I would always keep remembering you… forever…"

As she was about to say something, she saw figure of her beloved sister standing right before her eyes. She was smiling gently at Shiho. After Akemi, appeared another figure from behind, it was Shiho's mother, followed by her husband, Atsushi.

"Nee-chan! Okaa-san… and… Tou-san…?" blurted out Shiho. She was stunned and couldn't bring herself to say anything. Her family right before her eyes, with faces that as bright as sunshine and a smile like angles…

But the illusions suddenly seemed to fade one after another… with one of them smiling brightly to Shiho before disappearing.

"… Ah wait!" but her shouts didn't reach them, since they all disappeared under the moonlight.

"Yo, Haibara! What's up!" interrupted Shinichi.

"Ku- Kudo-kun…!"

"Viewing the night?"

"E-ehh…" she nodded.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes…"

There was a sudden silence. They were both viewing the sky silently.

Shiho coughed as a strong breeze of wind making itself past them, blowing itself gently.

Shinichi went to her, and handed his hand on her forehead, "Ah-le-le! Your forehead is so warm; you yet haven't recovered from your fever. Are you sure that you should be staying out here?"

"I'm fine," she snapped, removing Shinichi's hand aside. Fever? Maybe her sister and parents were just an illusion her mind had developed from the fever.

After a few seconds, Shinichi's phone rung, as he then picked it up.

"Moshimoshi? Ah, Megure-keibu…! A case? Yeah… okay… unh… the address? I'll be there soon! *click*"

"Another case?" asked Shiho.

"Ah… I'll tell you the result when I return! Okay, see you later!"

"Good bye… and… er…"

"What?"

"I wanted to say… go- good luck, Shi- Shi- Shinichi-kun!" she turned her red face quickly, escaping his glance.

Shinichi was stunned for a moment, but then he smiled and said, "Thanks Shiho! Have a good sleep!" With that, he waved at her and disappeared like a puff of smoke. Shiho smiled as he left.

Shiho's daily life as a member of the Kudo family had barely just begun!

To Be Continued In the Other Title

Author's note: Hello everyone! Did you enjoy the story _? Hahaha :D! Sorry that it came out a bit late (too late :P!), because I was very busy in the last few days. It was a bit hard, and I frequently meet some dead ends! Just to remind you something, here in this FanFic, Shiho and Shinichi did not end up together, but they did in some way or another :P

Just to tell you something, my FanFic had just barely begun! And this was the first FanFic I ever made! Although that the 'After the Battle' is already finished, I'm still going to write more, and of course, continuing the 'After the Battle' storyline! But since I'm very busy right now, it'll be quite some time before I wrote another title~ Also, those who likes my FanFic, please tell me, what you like about it and tell me where did I go wrong, so I can learn from the mistakes and correct them. And please don't worry about my feeling~ and, also, please REVIEW! It'll encourage me to write even more! Thank you very much for reading my story

My best regards; Kaoko Arai

ok it is written well... but now... i have officially decided to stop reading them... :'( sorry, usually i'd be fine with it but.. i don't like the thought of them being brother and sister... i want them to be lovers... brother and sister is big no-no (sorry im bout to talk really bratish) i want them to be lovers... brother sister is a big big no-no... its like trying to add a triangle to a family of squares... the square and triangle can marry, but they can never be a family... but when you put together a square and triangle you get some strange shape.... and thats ok, its a shape. but if you stick it in a family thats like having a turtle in a chipmunk family... IT JUST WON'T WORK! it's like creating some strange green and brown family... at least if they married they could be more of a family as long as there is at least a churtle born...

sorry... unless he dumps Ran and goes to Shiho... i can't read this anymore.. sorry.. you've broken my heart... (and her personality changed too much)

P.S. it should be The After Battle IV (thats 4 in roman numerals) oh yes, if you ever give her a lover tho... that i might approve of, i'll read it again, just don't make her call him brother ok? i find it awkward... unless she treats him like the younger brother he would be. then i might read it...

ok it is written well... but now... i have officially decided to stop reading them... :'( sorry, usually i'd be fine with it but.. i don't like the thought of them being brother and sister... i want them to be lovers... brother and sister is big no-no (sorry im bout to talk really bratish) i want them to be lovers... brother sister is a big big no-no... its like trying to add a triangle to a family of squares... the square and triangle can marry, but they can never be a family... but when you put together a square and triangle you get some strange shape.... and thats ok, its a shape. but if you stick it in a family thats like having a turtle in a chipmunk family... IT JUST WON'T WORK! it's like creating some strange green and brown family... at least if they married they could be more of a family as long as there is at least a churtle born...

sorry... unless he dumps Ran and goes to Shiho... i can't read this anymore.. sorry.. you've broken my heart... (and her personality changed too much)

P.S. it should be The After Battle IV (thats 4 in roman numerals) oh yes, if you ever give her a lover tho... that i might approve of, i'll read it again, just don't make her call him brother ok? i find it awkward... unless she treats him like the younger brother he would be. then i might read it...

Yo Tacticwolf! Thanks for the review! Umm... yes, now that I think about it again, Shiho's character really did come of the hook at the end :( ... I'm really sorry that the story dissapointed you as Shiho x Shinichi fan. Well, since you tire yourself and bother yourself as to bring yourself to say what was in your mind... I guess I'll re-edit this chapter...

Yeah, I really think that this chapter, some of it, is kind of fishy... Umm, yes I'll think about it. Uh, did you say that you don't mind if I gave Shiho a lover? Oh, I already thought about that, and do you want to guess who it will be? Do you want to read that for the next FanFic I will make?

To tell you one thing, I may re-edit this chapter if I find other's comment think I should. Second, I'll continue the storyline with different title, and it'll be about Shiho's love life. How is it? Which one would you prefer? Of course, I'll take other's opinion too :D, so, what do you think? I really consider your feelings, and it sadden me to find my readers didn't like something in the story :P

Thank you very much for the comment! I'll try my best to fix things up ;)!

Yo Tacticwolf! Thanks for the review! Umm... yes, now that I think about it again, Shiho's character really did come of the hook at the end :( ... I'm really sorry that the story dissapointed you as Shiho x Shinichi fan. Well, since you tire yourself and bother yourself as to bring yourself to say what was in your mind... I guess I'll re-edit this chapter...

Yeah, I really think that this chapter, some of it, is kind of fishy... Umm, yes I'll think about it. Uh, did you say that you don't mind if I gave Shiho a lover? Oh, I already thought about that, and do you want to guess who it will be? Do you want to read that for the next FanFic I will make?

To tell you one thing, I may re-edit this chapter if I find other's comment think I should. Second, I'll continue the storyline with different title, and it'll be about Shiho's love life. How is it? Which one would you prefer? Of course, I'll take other's opinion too :D, so, what do you think? I really consider your feelings, and it sadden me to find my readers didn't like something in the story :P

Thank you very much for the comment! I'll try my best to fix things up ;)!

I really think that the unhappiest part for me... was just that Shiho's character didn't have her personality... i mean, i was unhappy that Ran and Shinichi ended together, but i fully expect that in the series as well, so i've already braced myself for that sad ending... anyways, i think that whether u continue on in the after battle with Shiho's love life (definitely wanted) or whether you start a whole different story is really up to you. if you decide to make a new one, people may wonder what happened with Ran and Shinichi, but if you continue from here, there is already a conclusion with those two and so the background for the rest of the story of Shiho's love life is already in place. Also... since she has taken the pill (thank god) she can't be with mitsuhiko (Hallelujah). If she were to be put with somebody i would think that Hakuba or Kaito kid would work well, like having her be Kaito's accomplice or something, (i have no feelings for Aoko) in fact... if you were to make it so both of the guys liked her, you could have this huge love triangle going on between her, hakuba and kaito... 2 enemies fell for the same girl ^-^ i love complicated and less likely relationships compared to the childhood friends forever sort of thing... sometimes it just works better!

anyways, if you are going to write about Shiho's love life in the next chapter or in a different story i will be sure to read it...I was only disappointed a bit with her personality, don't worry tho, we didn't create her personality and trying to copy one can be hard... i know because the stories I've written don't exactly portray her personality either... but when you try to make something that has never been written before in the actual series... it sort of stumps you on how to write it... well, anyways, good luck!

~Kiel~

(P.S. Shinichi also wouldn't laugh at Shiho for something like that, he might possibly look at her maybe shocked or release a smirk... but i don't think he's the type to laugh at ppl like that)

Definitely better! i would say don't make her stutter, since she isn't the type to stuter, but i guess it would be strange if she could just say it like that when she was just made a part of the family... so i think its pretty good ^-^

I love it!!! Though I think that there has been a typographical error in this part of the story.

-t would have been better if they gave Shiho the master room together to live with shinichi. No... Wait... What am I thinking?lol

I love it!!! Though I think that there has been a typographical error in this part of the story.

-t would have been better if they gave Shiho the master room together to live with shinichi. No... Wait... What am I thinking?lol

i liked ur idea ^-^ *two thumbs up!*

you mean 'anata' meaning dear? not 'anata' meaning you... since it means both... i think itd be best used as dear ^-^ or maybe he should call her Ai meaning <3 ^-^

you mean 'anata' meaning dear? not 'anata' meaning you... since it means both... i think itd be best used as dear ^-^ or maybe he should call her Ai meaning <3 ^-^

Than let him call her亲爱的

lolz.... shinichi has a sis ...haha can u believe it?

Yah!! Am I suppose to believe it sillyp1.gif?

comparing with the anime or manga it is totally IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reason-

Professor Agasa adopts her

This is a fan-fic, man~ Anything is possible in the FIC-FANDOM!

av6.gif

Yah!! Am I suppose to believe it sillyp1.gif?

This is a fan-fic, man~ Anything is possible in the FIC-FANDOM!

av6.gif

kaoko~chan... ok sorry, i just re-read it cuz i'd even forgotten what it was about...

but i find the exchange between them off a bit... i feel she should still be all mature, and not act too surprised...

like when she gets the room... she should look around without any hint of a smile, then slowly a slight grin spreads across her face as she whispers, "It's not that bad."

She isn't the type to have an embarrassing convos with shinichi like that

i think she's more likely to smirk and say, "Why Shin~chan, I'm so glad you're my little brother now. You get to call me onee-san now <3" of course she's joking around with him, so she's not in her personality at this moment, other than the fact that she's making fun of him like usual...

he should turn a little red at this, but be saved when he gets a call about a case...

as he leaves... she sees her family in the night sky or stars... or wherever... and then a tear rolls down her face which she quickly wipes away. then with a face full of resolve, she sets off on her own adventure of a lifetime ^^

kaoko~chan... ok sorry, i just re-read it cuz i'd even forgotten what it was about...

but i find the exchange between them off a bit... i feel she should still be all mature, and not act too surprised...

like when she gets the room... she should look around without any hint of a smile, then slowly a slight grin spreads across her face as she whispers, "It's not that bad."

She isn't the type to have an embarrassing convos with shinichi like that

i think she's more likely to smirk and say, "Why Shin~chan, I'm so glad you're my little brother now. You get to call me onee-san now <3" of course she's joking around with him, so she's not in her personality at this moment, other than the fact that she's making fun of him like usual...

he should turn a little red at this, but be saved when he gets a call about a case...

as he leaves... she sees her family in the night sky or stars... or wherever... and then a tear rolls down her face which she quickly wipes away. then with a face full of resolve, she sets off on her own adventure of a lifetime ^^

Wow, Kiel-chan... that's the best idea ever 074.gif!

Crap, I should have made her more of a witch dammit! All I was trying to do that time was to try and make Shiho-chan as adorable as much as possible baa60776.gif. Okay Kiel-chan... I love your idea cd08785a.gif.. I am going to change this as soon I have the free time 6f428754.gif!

Wow, Kiel-chan... that's the best idea ever 074.gif!

Crap, I should have made her more of a witch dammit! All I was trying to do that time was to try and make Shiho-chan as adorable as much as possible baa60776.gif. Okay Kiel-chan... I love your idea cd08785a.gif.. I am going to change this as soon I have the free time 6f428754.gif!

haha alright XD

great story. under what title will it continue?

better if they became lovers instead of brother and sister

i'm starting to like you oh shinshi/aicon fan <3

MORE ROMANCE FOR SHINICHI AND SHIHO <3

i'm starting to like you oh shinshi/aicon fan <3

MORE ROMANCE FOR SHINICHI AND SHIHO <3

i really love that pair better than shinran coz shinshi understand each other better

i really love that pair better than shinran coz shinshi understand each other better

so true!

i mean, sure shinichi understands ran, but thats because he's a detective, he has to understand everybody... ran on the otherhand... she never seems to understand his feelings and such.. she always suspects him of doing indecent things and what not while he's on cases... the only time she is right about him, is on things that everyone knows!