Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
PetePete

Photo Submitting Section [Warning Image Heavy]

Why isn't there a section for us to post images that can be replaced in the wiki section. I haven't found the section unless I didn't search deep enough and I had a couple of proposed images that should be replaced.

For Saguru

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Saguru_Hakuba

I propose his profile picture be updated to either the following:

8ybxnq.png

2r269f8.png

2njlg06.png

For Kaitou Kid

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Kaitou_Kid

fvfihd.png

28rzm0n.png

Both from Movie 14

Also on Kaitou Kid's wiki page down to Different Looks, I think his after image should be this:

sywhhz.jpg

From Magic Kaito - 10 The Reminiscent Golden Eye

For Kaito Kuroba:

24v2trn.png

Magic Kaito - 07 The Splendid Rivals

30mmwcy.png

Magic Kaito - 10 The Reminiscent Golden Eye

2m2yk4p.png

Magic Kaito - 09 The Witch, the Detective, and the Phantom Thief

Also down that Kaito Kuroba page picture with him and Conan i propose the image be changed to:

10dh65e.png

az78fl.png

Both movie 14 screenshot

I'm not really proposing the image change even though I said that lol but I really meant a section where we can vote on a newer image or a image change for a profile of the wiki page or a image inside of that wiki page if you get what I'm saying. You can of course change the size of the image to suit your needs for the page.

Before you try to update profile images, I highly suggest you read this still-in-progress manual of profile images I am still putting together: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Detective_Conan_Wiki:Manual_of_Style/Profile_pictures

It's basically a guide on how to pick good profile images that won't be reverted the same day you upload them.

The different looks sections are meant to be similar to previous ones - so that the faces are about the same angle and easily comparable. If you want to change the angle, I suggest you change both the old and the new images. Look at Shiho's similar looks for instance.

200px-Shiho_Miyano_Before.PNG200px-Shiho_Miyano_After.PNG

Hakuba:

Saguru_Hakuba_Profile.jpg

Proposed

8ybxnq.png

2r269f8.png

2njlg06.png

#1 Great pose, face angled well, shot backed up so you can see most of his hair, looking at camera, anime art style doesn't suck. The expression could be more neutral, but it's good enough. However, it is too dark, so it won't work.

#2 Hakuba is way too small in the image, it won't show up well, also the anime art style is not the cream of the crop.

#3 The lighting is better than one, but Hakuba is at an odd angle and looking well away from forward.

Kaito Kid: (I don't like the current Kid profile picture in the Wiki, it has problems too. If only we had something like this but anime...)

Kaitou_Kid_Profile.jpg

Proposed

fvfihd.png

28rzm0n.png

sywhhz.jpg

#1 Odd lighting, would be nice to see more of his outfit

#2 Not centered in frame, angle weird, deep shadow on face, anime art style isn't as good as the other ones

#3 Not angled like the previous before and after pictures, also going to be way too small.

Kuroba Kaito (Also needs to be changed)

Current

Kaito_Kuroba_Profile.jpg

Proposed

24v2trn.png

30mmwcy.png

2m2yk4p.png

#1 Odd angle, too close, strange expression

#2 Good lighting, good expression for his character, close up, but not too close, good lighting, looking forward, good anime art style. UPLOAD THIS ONE.

#3 Weird expression that distorts his appearence

Conan and Kaito Images

Current

%E5%90%8D%E4%BE%A6%E6%8E%A2%E6%9F%AF%E5%

Proposed

10dh65e.png

az78fl.png

#1 The primary relationship between Conan and Kaitou Kid is their rivalry. The later movies have diverged from the manga and anime canon somewhat in regards to the two of them. The best image for those two together would be something showing them squaring off/fighting/smirking at each other or anything of that nature. Sitting around and talking doesn't quite capture their usual battle of thief and detective dynamic. That said this image has a home on the movie 14 page.

#2: This gag image... Well it connotes things that really don't quite reflect the rivalry between Kid and Conan that defines their relationship - if you get what I mean. I'd upload it, but stick it on the movie 14 page since it is both well known, but better suited for another purpose.

If you are interested, we have a page on the relationship between Conan Edogawa and Kaito Kuroba. There is a lot of material between Conan and Kaito to write about. In the manga and anime they started out as enemies but have since evolved into rivals who exchange favors (and sometimes mess with each other) and even secrets about their past (Phantom Lady, etc). Also the movie canon has created a very different dynamic between the two; movie Conan and movie Kid are almost as close as Conan and Hattori are.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if double posting is against the rules but I'm not sure, I added screenshots to the 14 Movie but I'm not sure how to add text underneath them in the gallery, how do I do that?

Not sure if double posting is against the rules but I'm not sure, I added screenshots to the 14 Movie but I'm not sure how to add text underneath them in the gallery, how do I do that?

Image:vlcsnap-2013-09-17-00h51m15s209.png|I am the text that appears below the image. Don't forget the vertical bar you get using shift-backslash.