Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
ccrogers15

Real locations in DC

So i have not seen a topic like this yet, but what places have you spotted in DC that are "Real" locations?

Here is one i noticed from Shinichi`s new york case:

v3o8hw.jpg

The ones i spotted are:
2 WTC (South tower, without antenna)

7 WTC 

Statue of liberty

Those are clearly 2 and 7 WTC that i highlighted. I know NYC better then any other city.

Oddly though, this episode aired after the entire WTC was destroyed. Odd.

Anyways have you guys found real life locations in the show?

That's because the corresponding manga files with the content of the NY case of volume 35 were published in Shonen Sunday a few months before the WTC Towers were destroyed (probably in the summer of 2001 based on volume 35's release date). The files include the towers and the anime probably decided to remain faithful to that despite what happened in between. Kinda weird in a very ironic sense that such a drastic and changeing event took place between the publication of the manga files and the anime adaptation.

Here, have a look :

2hozmol.jpg

That's because the corresponding manga files with the content of the NY case of volume 35 were published in Shonen Sunday a few months before the WTC Towers were destroyed (probably in the summer of 2001 based on volume 35's release date). The files include the towers and the anime probably decided to remain faithful to that despite what happened in between. Kinda weird in a very ironic sense that such a drastic and changeing event took place between the publication of the manga files and the anime adaptation.

Here, have a look :

Now that i see it, its odd that if they tried to remain faithful, one of the towers are missing in the anime.

Only 2WTC was visible. 1WTC was not, and even if blocked from view by 2WTC, the antenna on top of 1WTC should of been visible. Odd.