Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

The After Battle III

N/A: Yo mina-san! Here's the 3rd chapter! I hoped you enjoyed the 2 chapters before this (avoiding tomatoes getting thrown :D), the 2 chapters before this, I had completely worked on them in a FLASH! That's why it wasn't very good, and I skipped a lot of parts~ But I hope I did fine in this one! Sorry for if my English isn't that good!

The After Battle: Chapter III

It was late at night when Shinichi decided to go home... he really had a marvellous time with Ran at the restaurant! He remembered seeing her face after he confessed to her... ya~ he couldn't hide his smile~

He went home at 11:49 PM...

His mother already went to sleep, while his father is still working in the library. Shinichi was really tired, as he entered his bedroom, changed to his PJ, and then he dozed of to his bed.

(N/A: I forgot to tell you something very important!) About Professor Agasa… his house got a little explosion and burned down due to one of his crazy inventions, and now it's still being fixed by the workers, it wasn't really that serious, but the building needs some repair… so Agasa is living with one of his professor mates. Actually, he was welcomed by Shinichi and his parents, Yusasku and Yukiko Kudo to stay with them while his house is being fixed. The professor was grateful enough to hear this, but he said he had some business at his friend's place.

As the days passes on, Shinichi was busy at the time, discussing the situation with the FBI about the syndicate and their boss… Gin refuse to say anything about their secrets, instead, he would just say with a wicked smile, "You will regret that you ever capture me… you'll regret that you ever confronted us!"

Shinichi also goes to high school as usual… he sometimes goes out and meet inspector Megure on a case and helps him out. The days were going fine just as fine like before he met the syndicate. He then remembered something very important… something… someone… someone he cares for… Haibara!

Oh, that's right! I forgot about Haibara! Thought Shinichi, it had already been more than a week. I wonder if I can see her now…

So, after 2 days… Shinichi went to Beika's Hospital, where Shiho is hospitalized, (Shiho is Haibara… I guess I will use Shiho from now on, so the readers wont get the wrong idea thinking she is still in a child form :D).

Shinichi went to the recipient desk and asked for the room's number. He was carrying some flowers and a bag containing something, a present?

"Let's see…" Shinichi was searching for the room, "ward 456A… and… ah, found it!"

He stood near the door hesitated to enter. He was the cause if her situation after all… How could he face her?

As he was about to turn the knob, the door opened, and a steady looking female doctor came out from the room.

"You are?" said the doctor noticing Shinichi standing there.

"Ah, I came to visit an acquaintance of mine… she's in this room I believe…" said Shinichi, "how is she?"

"Oh… I just checked her there… she's doing fine, and could leave the hospital in two weeks… is she your girlfriend?"

"Ah, no…"

"I think she needs someone to sit by her side… she looks gloomy and unhappy, try to cheer her up. In that way, she'll recover faster."

"U… uhh… okay… I'll try my best…" said Shinichi promising.

The doctor then opened the door to Shiho's room, he told her she had a visitor, and then let Shinichi in.

"Yo!" greeted Shinichi as he entered the room, as then, he saw Shiho lying at the bed. Her face was pale and weak, her eyes were half open. She noticed him, and than exclaimed in a weak and sore voice "K- Kudo-kun…!"

"Good luck!" whispered the doctor to Shinichi, as he then went out the room.

"Feeling good?"

"*cough*, y-yes… but most importantly… *cough* *cough* why are you here?" she asked him, while helping her self to sit.

"I came to visit you." Said Shinichi smiling, he then arranged the flowers he brought in the vase that was on top of the table.

"But… *cough* *cough*! What happened! *cough* *cough* *cough*!"

"Oi! Haibara! Don't push yourself too much! Relax… there's nothing for you to worry about." He said concerned.

"*cough* *cough* you… you could say that!" said Shiho, "I wanted to know too… *cough* *cough*!"

"Ah, about the syndicate and the FBI?" said Shinichi, "well… how should I put it… everything's been taken care of… the Organization is down… only the boss remains. We still haven't confirmed his location yet… he might still have some comrades or hidden trump-card. Anyway, even if he had something in mind, he wouldn't have the time coming after both of us; his mind would be focused on the FBI, right?"

"That's true…" said Shiho in low voice, "so, did they captured Gin?"

"Ah…" said Shinichi, "but he won't say anything… he's one tough guy. They even tortured him… he still won't blurt anything out about the syndicate… even most of the agent are scared of him; they wouldn't dare go near him. Anyway, you shouldn't think of this in your state… that would only make you worry."

After Shinichi said that, Shiho just turn her face down, her expression was sad… Shinichi didn't what to do. But then, he said, "Haibara…"

Shiho turned to him.

"It's not that I'm mad or anything… I just wanted to ask you about that time… Why… why did you save me…? Why did you come? You weren't suppose to…You could have been killed! It's true that if you hadn't come that I…"

"I was curious…" said Shiho, "so I tracked you with the spare of the Homing Glasses… after I found you… and saw you in that place… about to be killed by Gin… I couldn't help myself; I… jumped there without thinking."

"But why!"

"I… I couldn't stand by and watch you die…" she said with a sad smile, "to me… Kudo-kun, you are the closest person to me in this world after my sister's death… you always there wherever I am in trouble… you always there to comfort me… always there… same for Professor Agasa too… I owe you… not to mention I was the cause of you situation after all... If I hadn't created that drug which made you shrunk, you wouldn't have experienced all this... I cause you a lot of pain and suffering..."

"Haibara…" thought Shinichi sympathetically… then deciding to cheer her up, "Baroo~ what's this all about? Talking like that… it isn't like you at all." said Shinichi, "it's true that creating that drug was something that shouldn't be done... but what happened had happened. There's no changing it. Also, I never blamed you or anything… because, when I thought about it back then, if it weren't for that poison, Gin would have killed me with another method, and I couldn't have survived… same for you, right? If you hadn't shrunk back then, you couldn't have escaped from that gas cellar, right?"

Shiho looked up to him and saw him grinning at her, she turned her head down and said, "That… maybe true… *cough* *cough*!"

"Oi, are you sure you are alright?" asked the concerned Shinichi. He went to her and placed his right hand on her forehead, "Your temperature is really high, your voice doesn't sound good either…"

Shiho turned red, "E- Yes, I'm fine… just leave *cough* me alone *cough* *cough*!"

Shinichi sighed.

There was a big silence. With both of them having nothing to say. Shinichi was sitting at the coach that was in the room reading a newspaper he had in his jacket. Shiho had something that troubled her in her mind.

"Cheer up!" said Shinichi suddenly, standing up from the couch, "the organization has been taken care of, right? Isn't that what you always wished for? Worrying all the time wouldn't help at all, right? Also, I have to go now, I have an appointment with Hattori… mah, I will try to come back tomorrow to visit you again. Do you need anything?"

"Nothing in particular…"

"Here…" he handed her a present bag, "this is for you! Well, see you~ I'll try to come again! Jaa na!"

"Ah… wait! K- Kudo-kun…!"

"What?"

"I… I wanted to say…" she stuttered, blushing, "I'm happy that you came… thank you for visiting…!"

"Ah, don't mention it!" He said smiling, "we are partners, right? I'll always be there if you need anything! Jaa, if you'll excuse me!"

He waved at her then left and closed the door behind him.

Shiho gratefully smiled as he left. She then took the bag she received from him and opened it. Inside, she found a Sai Brand's wallet, a Black Prada bag, and also, there was a new box containing a cell-phone (Shiho's cell-phone was damaged and crashed, when she went to rescue Shinichi that time). And deep inside the bag she found a piece of paper; it said "GET WELL SOON, HAIBARA!"

The next day Shinichi visited again. This time he brought some books. And of course, it was Sherlock Holmes novels…

"Ara… do you think I'm interested in these kind of stuff? I'm not a mystery maniac, you know…"

"Come one~ it was only this that I cold ever think of! And, I didn't just bring that. I brought you a popular novel book," he handed the book over, the title was, "The Crazy Scientist's Days of Glories and Worries"

She stared at it with a dull face, "Just because I'm a scientist, that doesn't mean I'm interested in reading a book about science," Shiho said in a dull tone.

"Hahaha! Well, anyway, it wasn't that bad… I read it and it was kind of interesting. Here! I'll read them to you!"

Shinichi then read the novel to Shiho. Although she wasn't really interested, she appreciated his care for her, and listened patiently.

"The doctor then said to his patient, 'YOU WASTED MY TIME! HOW DARE YOU!' the patient was shocked as she heard this, she took her bag and ran out the door with tears on her eyes!"

Shiho yawned… and Shinichi noticed and sighed, "hah~ well? How about Sherlock Holmes?"

The days passed on as Shinichi visited Shiho almost everyday, she didn't seem to care, but inside she was delighted and eagerly looked forward to his visits!

One day, when Shinichi went to visit Shiho, he met the female doctor on the hallway.

"She can go home now? Is that true? What about the fever and her wounds?"

"She seems fine. I just checked her and the results were O.K.!" said the doctor in a cheerful tone, "Thank you sir! You've been a great help! Ever since you visited her from that day, her worried and gloomy face suddenly turned into a charming angel!"

"Really?"

"Even I was surprised! I couldn't have imagined it!" said the doctor, "you can take her home tomorrow. But since she didn't walk for a long time, we'll give her a wheelchair."

"Thank you very much! That's very kind of you!"

Then next day, Shiho was released from the hospital… although now that Agasa's house is not available… where is she going to stay?

"Is it really ok? For me to…" Shiho asked Shinichi. As he was pushing the wheelchair she was sitting on.

"It's alright! It's alright! You don't have to worry about it!" He said with a grin.

As in no time, they already had reached the front gate of Kudo's house.

Shinichi gently opened the front gate, and drove Shiho's wheelchair to the house's front door, he then opened it and went inside. Inside was pitched dark, they barely could see anything.

"Hey, could you t least turn on the light?" said Shiho to Shinichi, she was annoyed at his weird behaviour.

He ignored her and kept pushing the wheelchair.

"Hey~"

Shinichi suddenly stopped at the living room.

"Huh?" Shiho was confused. She couldn't see anything, because it was dim black.

Someone flicked the switch and the room were bright! And a SUPER SURPRISE was to be SEEN!

What on earth is it? What is the surprise? And who was there?

Look forward for the next chapter!

And please don't forget to… REVIEW!

To be continued~

OMG FIRST TO READ IT AND FIRST TO LOVE IT WOOHOO!!! i can't wait for part 4... the whole time i was definately into it! it just seemed like a somewhat romantic story, even if it wasnt really, since u seem to be putting Ran and Shinichi together... i just wish for ShinichixShiho... ah well, i can't wait for the next part!!! i reaaally hope that Ran isnt going to be unhappy that she is living there... wow... i can still feel bad for the person i don't want there... but i guess she would end up givin hell to shinichi... so i mean.. i want him to be happy... but i want shiho to be happy to... argh... so many things to express... but i'm at a loss for words as to how

OMG FIRST TO READ IT AND FIRST TO LOVE IT WOOHOO!!! i can't wait for part 4... the whole time i was definately into it! it just seemed like a somewhat romantic story, even if it wasnt really, since u seem to be putting Ran and Shinichi together... i just wish for ShinichixShiho... ah well, i can't wait for the next part!!! i reaaally hope that Ran isnt going to be unhappy that she is living there... wow... i can still feel bad for the person i don't want there... but i guess she would end up givin hell to shinichi... so i mean.. i want him to be happy... but i want shiho to be happy to... argh... so many things to express... but i'm at a loss for words as to how

Ahh~~~ I'm so delighted to see your comment! Lovely! Thank you my friend~ I'm so glad you liked my fan-fic :D, there'll be a big surprise later, even something you couldn't imagine! I'm actually not a fan of RanXShinichi, I'm just following the original story~ I like Shiho and Shinichi to be together, but then if you still hoping it that way, and in the end they wouldn't be together, you would be upset, right? Ah~ Anyway thank you, thank you so much my dear reader! I have my stories stocking up here: www.goodreads.com/story/list/3867442 wanna read them? Next time when I add up chapter 4, be sure to be the first to READ IT!

Ahh~~~ I'm so delighted to see your comment! Lovely! Thank you my friend~ I'm so glad you liked my fan-fic :D, there'll be a big surprise later, even something you couldn't imagine! I'm actually not a fan of RanXShinichi, I'm just following the original story~ I like Shiho and Shinichi to be together, but then if you still hoping it that way, and in the end they wouldn't be together, you would be upset, right? Ah~ Anyway thank you, thank you so much my dear reader! I have my stories stocking up here: www.goodreads.com/story/list/3867442 wanna read them? Next time when I add up chapter 4, be sure to be the first to READ IT!

I will try to be first to read it :) ... i think u shouldnt follow the story, what's the point of fanfic if you don't manipulate it the way you want eh? Well either way, I will def read part 4 as soon as i see it out! i cant wait >w< shihoXshinichi all the way!!!

Wow. It is a nice one. Unlike the chapters before, this one isn't rushed and is more interesting. Let me guess on that person in the living room... Is it a BO member or Shiho's worst enemy Dr. Moriarty Ran

Wow. It is a nice one. Unlike the chapters before, this one isn't rushed and is more interesting. Let me guess on that person in the living room... Is it a BO member or Shiho's worst enemy Dr. Moriarty Ran

Yo thanks! I didn't do it in the rush! I'll keep up my good work so you can enjoy my story even more! As to your guess... Ran or the Black Organization... that you have to wait for the next chapter to see~ Eh by the way, did you read my stories that was in GoodReads?

I will try to be first to read it :) ... i think u shouldnt follow the story, what's the point of fanfic if you don't manipulate it the way you want eh? Well either way, I will def read part 4 as soon as i see it out! i cant wait >w< shihoXshinichi all the way!!!

It's true what you just said about fanfic, but in my case I like following the original story and adding something I would like to happen, so the readers will be able to imagine the same thing when reading, ah it's so hard to say it! I just don't have the words :D! Anyway, look forward for the next chapter and thank you for reading XD!

It's true what you just said about fanfic, but in my case I like following the original story and adding something I would like to happen, so the readers will be able to imagine the same thing when reading, ah it's so hard to say it! I just don't have the words :D! Anyway, look forward for the next chapter and thank you for reading XD!

of course i'll look forward to it! currently my life revolves around detective conan, so if i find an interesting story or fanfic, and there is more than one part to it, you bet i will be reading it!