Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Rye

Why is Vermouth Anokata's Favorite?

I was browsing this forum and the different threads when a question popped in my mind. "How come Vermouth is the Boss's favorite and not the other members like Gin or Vodka?"

Then I searched in the forum for a thread about this question, and discovered that none existed. So I made this thread so I'll  be able to share my theories about this and also, hear yours. Since Vermouth is one of my favorite characters in DC, and is also one of the most intriguing characters for me, I am very interested in this topic.

Well, this is my hunch:

Immortality may be one of the Black Organization's goals. This may be the reason why the Organization has scientists researching in their facilities and developing drugs or such. 

It may be possible that Vermouth was chosen to become the test subject for a certain experiment regarding immortality by some scientists in the organization (it is possible that these scientists are the parents of Miyano Shiho, which may explain why there is hostility between Vermouth and Shiho.). Somehow, this experiment caused Vermouth to become immortal, or caused her to stop aging, and was regarded by the Organization as a significant step in them attaining immortality, so they kept Vermouth as a valued asset and member.

(Further discussion about Vermouth's immortality can be found in this thread: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/forum/topic/417-the-secret-behind-vermouths-youth/'> The Secret Behind Vermouth's Youth.)

Maybe, because of her immortality, the Boss valued Vermouth very much, and she became his favorite member.

Well...that's my theory. I also want your opinions on this, guys. :D

• Upvote 2

I have similar thinking to Rye except I think Vermouth may have been one of the original members - which means she is at least as old as the Black Organization. (See my theory for Vermouth being Sharon Vineyard's mother if you want to know more about that). Rather than being experimented on by Org scientists, I think there was an accident or something like that that stopped her aging, but the formula was lost. The Org has been trying to replicate it since, and that is why the Miyano's were brought in thirty years ago. Vermouth didn't like being a research subject/the ideals of the Org, so she came to hate the Miyanos.

• Upvote 1